‣ Developments in digital media.
‣ Familiarity with social media, and how it impacts
academic work and public history.
‣ Role of peer review in digital work
‣ New forms of narrative.
‣ New methods of research: Information trapping.
‣ Create a basic HTML page from scratch, and style
that page with CSS.
‣ Working with a server. Use a File Transfer Protocol
‣ Create a database and install/modify web software
(such as WordPress, Omeka, or Mediawiki).
‣ Proficiency with Photoshop or another graphics
‣ Project management/writing a grant.
Foundations for Additional Skills
‣ HTML → Other forms and applications of XML
‣ CSS → Graphic design concepts
‣ Web Software → PHP, other programming
‣ Photoshop → Video, photography, graphic design
‣ Writing grants → Writing more grants.