2. “Big Data” is when the size of the data itself becomes part of the problem. - Big Data Now, O’Reilly
3. PERCEPTION IS REALITY
4. Hadoop is Flawed “You can’t install it without an expert.”“Fine for R&D, but not for realproduction.” “Hadoop is just for batch processing.”“The dirty-little-secret with Hadoop is…”
5. Hadoop isn’t for RealWork™1.Adopt Hadoop for pilot projects.2.Scale Hadoop to production use.3.Observe an unacceptable performance penalty.4.Morph to a real parallel DBMS.
6. Atomicity Consistency IsolationDurability
7. “4.Morph to a real parallel DBMS.”
8. REALITY IS RELATIVE
9. Evolve“Hadoop has become the kernel of thedistributed operating system for Big Data…No one uses the kernel alone.” -Doug Cutting, Strata 2012 (Cloudera, ASF)
10. Hadoop + MapReduce “There is nothing really embarrassing about embarrassingly parallel applications." -Luiz André Barroso, ACM 2011 (Distinguished Engineer Google)
11. Not Just for Batch Anymore…APACHE APACHE HAMA D R I L L
12. Apache Hadoop YARNThe per-application ApplicationMaster is, ineffect, a framework specific library and istasked with negotiating resources from theResourceManager and working with theNodeManager(s) to execute and monitor thetasks.