21. WHAT HAVE YOU OBSERVED ABOUT THEOBJECTS SHOWN?
23. SPREADSHEETS A spreadsheet is an application that is used for performing calculations and processes various data. 29 Spreadsheets consist of columns (designated by letters)and rows(designated by number) called 8 7 6 labels. 5 4 3 2 1 The intersection of rows and column is called a cell. A B C D
25. MS OFFICE EXCELExcel is an electronic spreadsheet programthat can be used for storing, organizing andmanipulating data
27. MS OFFICE EXCELLAUNCH EXCEL: STEP 1: Click Start button on the Taskbar
28. STEP 2:Click All Programs
29. STEP 3:Click Microsoft Office toopen Microsoft Excel 2007application
30. Microsoft Office Button
31. Microsoft Office Button Allows you to create a new document, open anexisting document, save or save as, send(through emailor fax), print, publish or close the document
33. Quick Access ToolbarCustomizable toolbar that containscommands that you may want to use
34. Title Bar
35. TITLE BARDisplays the name of the document on which youare currently working
36. RibbonGive instruction to the software
37. Name Bar Display the name of the currently active cell
38. Active Cell
39. ACTIVE CELLCurrently selected cell in the active worksheet
40. Function Bar/ Formula Bar Area to create a formula
41. Column Heading Display the column label
42. Row Heading Display the row label
43. Status Bar Identifies active application features and location
44. Sheet Tab/Bar Display the name of the sheet
45. Quick Name Ribbon Access Bar Toolbar Title Bar Microsoft Office Button Active Cell Row Function Bar/ Column Heading Formula Bar HeadingStatus Bar Sheet Bar
46. MS OFFICE EXCELADVANTAGES o Creating, editing and formatting worksheet in rows and columns
47. MS OFFICE EXCELADVANTAGES o Containing formulas which can perform calculations on the data in the worksheet
48. MS OFFICE EXCELADVANTAGES o Making charts, which depicts data graphically such as columns charts or pie charts
49. MS OFFICE EXCELADVANTAGES o What-if-analysis, the ability of calculating the rest of the worksheet when data in the worksheet changes
50. MS OFFICE EXCELADVANTAGES o Sorting and filtering data to find specific information
51. MS OFFICE EXCELADVANTAGESo Creating, editing and formatting worksheet in rows and columnso Containing formulas which can perform calculations on the data in the worksheeto Making charts, which depicts data graphically such as columns charts or pie chartso What-if-analysis, the ability of calculating the rest of the worksheet when data in the worksheet changeso Sorting and filtering data to find specific information
52. CONCLUSION A spreadsheet is an electronic document that processes various types of data in the form of grid of columns and rows The procedure to launch Microsoft Excel 2007 application Some features of Excel 2007:  Microsoft Office Button  Quick Access Toolbar  Title Bar  Column Heading  Row Heading  Active Cell  Status Bar  Name Bar  Sheet Bar  Function/Formula Bar Advantages of spreadsheet The procedure to create new Excel worksheet
53. Direction: Identify the feature of MS Excel. Write your answer in1/4 sheet of paper.
54. 2. 9. 7. 3.1. 6. 5. 11. 4.8. 10.
55. 2. 9. 7. 3.1. 6. 5. 11. 4.8. 10.
56. 2.Quick9.Name 7.Ribbon Access Bar Toolbar 3.Title 1.Microsoft Bar Office Button 6.Active Cell 5.Row 11.Function 4.Column Heading Bar/ Formula Heading Bar8.Status Bar 10.Sheet Bar
57. ASSIGNMENT:1.Define the following: a. autosum b. autofill2. Gather data on Philippine population from 1990- 2003.