21. Is it possible for us to "build a professional image"?
22. Is it possible for us to "build a professional image"?
23. What can make you appear professional?• The work you do and how your do it• Your appearance• How you speak• Your writing skills• How you handle stress• Presentation skills• Certiﬁcations / Degrees• Ethics• Manners• Mannerisms• Loyalty
24. Its all about PERCEPTIONS
25. We spend most of our livesworrying about what other people think about us.
26. How are perceptions formed?First Perceptions can be lasting
27. Components of ﬁrst impressions
31. Body Movement
32. Personal Space
34. The words you say
35. What is a perception? • An opinion based on • appearance • past action • gossip / opinions of others
36. • Culture • Bias • PrejudiceWhat can impact perception?
37. How do you build "Brand You"?• Many of us start with appearance: • Professional wardrobe • Hair • Weight
38. Ultimately its on us• Reality• Who are you?• Rather than build an image, you can be a professional• Ethics, value, demeanor• Must come from within
39. We can all smell a rat• People that refuse a trust relationship• People who manipulate situations to their advantage all the time• People who are more worried about their image than the actual work they do
40. Once you play the perception/image game, it can be diﬃcult to quit.
41. How can you "build" a professional image?
42. Solid, but not elaborate(dont create extra work) appearance
43. Hard workbut dont work hard
44. What do you do... best?
47. Skills / Bio
48. Skills / Bio
49. Online branding • Work all of them • Relationships = opportunity • LinkedIn recommendations • Give to get • Reuse in other ways • Testimonials with you as product
50. Get a blog - nowSEO, Proﬁle, Learn, Be The Expert
51. My resume is lacking...
52. Identify what accomplished
53. Break the job down into tasks
54. What did you create or ﬁx?
55. How have you led (job or other)
56. Interviews - What will you do for them? • Who are they • What is their motivation to hire • How can you help them improve - positively • How long have they been there
57. Deliver on promises and commitments
58. Under-promise Over-deliver There will ALWAYS be obstacles to overcome and people to get onboard(or go around). Being a hero doesnt mean being unrealistic. Double(at least) every time estimate
59. Speak your mind,but professionally and with compassion
60. Oﬀer help with no strings attached
61. Be genuineand honest
62. We live drivenby our EGO, buthow much is upto us.
63. We spend most of our livesworrying about what other people think about us.
64. Imagine how muchbetter life would be... If you could turn itoﬀ.You cant, but youcan see yourperceptions andthoughts and slowthem and reducetheir impact. Watch.
65. The secret is that we usually are nothing like what we think we project...
66. Fear is only a thought and emotion
67. Try everything and anything
68. http://youtu.be/4YBxeDN4tbk Click to watch video