Trialling ipads in geography 2013Presentation Transcript
Barefoot world atlas app
TRIALLING IPADS IN GEOGRAPHY
Reading photos effectively
• The students used Popplet to annotate photos and create
links between the photos.
• Photos where placed in adropbox folder and then
students could download them onto the Ipad.
• You can also create flow diagrams using Popplet.
Creating a video in one lesson
• The students created a video on the Great Barrier Reef using
imovie. They incorporated key facts, covered the issues it
faces and how it is managed.
• They saved images from the web and they then added a voice
over or added text to the images.
Using imovie to create
• The students made play-do models and created small
animations using imovie.
• They simply took loads of photos of their models and then
uploaded them on to imovie, then added text or a voice over.
• We used a free online polling site to grade each others work
and see the results instantly.
Record creations step by step –
drawings and audio
Year 9 Fair Trade Project
Creating everything on one device.
• Imovie used to make TV adverts – one to raise the
awareness of fair trade & one to advertise their chocolate
• Ipads used to video and take photos.
• Strip designer app for adverts.
• Tumblr used to create a blog.
• Safari used to access the web and to use free logo design
sites, research current fair trade products and also to set up
• Their group work can be stored
on drop box and accessed from
Useful tool in the field
Woodland Reserve Investigation
Photos taken of different biotic and abiotic components with the camera.
Notes on docs to go.
Leaf snap app used to take photos of leaves & find out the type of leaf.
Possible to record their notes using audiboo.
Folders for each group created on drop box and once back in the
classroom, they could upload their notes and photos to the drop box
account so they could access and work on it at home.
Year 8, 10 & 12 Fieldwork
• All student surveys filled out on the Ipad.
• Made collating a lot easier.
• All results added to the drop box folder so
students could access at home.
• Photos taken & 360° panoramas with photosynth
• Video of high street transect, which could be later
or annotated on youtube.
• Audio summary of the site with audioboo.
Creating a web site of our field trip
• Students recorded videos
and took photos at the main
sites each day.
• They also took notes on the
ipads at the sites and then
wrote diary entries in the
• Everything was uploaded
from the ipads to the
website each evening and
parents could see what their
children were up to on a
• Independent research using Safari, Hitpad app and OECD
• Create revision sheets and upload them into Google docs or
upload to dropbox.
• CloudOnbrings Microsoft Office® to
youriPhone&iPad and links it to your Box, Dropbox,
Google Drive and SkyDriveaccounts.