1. In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media? Poster.
2. Researching existing posters.Here I have done some research on well known film posters. Idid this because I wanted my own products to look asprofessional as they could. I then decide to place pictures ofexisting posters in Microsoft publisher and analysis each of thepictures. This system will help me to decide which techniques touse on my own poster.
3. Juno poster.
4. Black Swan poster.
5. Inception poster.
6. 100 Feet poster.
7. My own poster.
8. Typical conventions of real media.On my poster I have added typical conventions that you wouldsee on all film posters such as:• Credits,• Released date,• Picture,• Title of film,• Actors name.All of these conventions are necessary as it tells us moreinformation about the film. For example Lily Attwood stars inthis film and she might have stared in other films. This mightmake people who werent sure if they were going to see the filmnow go and see it because they have seen her in other projectsand think shes good.
9. Conventions of real media.On my poster I have placed myactors name at the top. I have usedthis convention from the inceptionposter. This meant that the textdidn’t get in the way but it could stillbe seen clearly.On my poster the picture fills up thewhole of the poster. I have also usedthe picture of the characterappearing round the door. Ideveloped this convention from 100Feet. Instead of my characterlooking at the camera I decided Iwanted her to look away from thecamera. This makes her look morevulnerable. However I havechallenged conventions of realmedia as there are hardly anyposters that have a black and whitebackground.
10. Conventions of real media.I have placed my title under mycharacters picture. I used thisconvention from the Black Swanposter. I liked how you couldclearly see the title and that theactor could be associated withthe film title which is what Iwanted.
11. Conventions of real media.I have placed all of my credits undermy title at the bottom of my poster.I did this because I felt it made myposter look professional and neatand tidy. I used this convention fromInception’s poster and Black Swan’sposter.I have also used typical dark coloursfor a dark film such as white red andblack. Black Swan, Inception and 100Feet are all dark film so I decided Ihad chosen the right colours andused this convention.