How to Create an Account and Submit and Admissions Application via ApplyTexas Once you are through completing this tutorial, you will have created an ApplyTexas account and will be able to submit an admission application to a university. In order to complete this tutorial successfully you must have a brief knowledge of navigating the internet and must be able to remember the login information. This tutorial will help you to complete several admissions applications to many colleges in an easy, convenient, reliable, and fast way. Then, you simply have your transcripts sent and should receive a letter from the college in a few days. This tutorial will be useful in that it shows you how to create an account and how to submit admissions applications.
For this tutorial you will nee:
Basic computer skills
An email account, and
Pen and paper to write down your username and password
You will need to provide personal information in order to create your ApplyTexas account . It is important to stress that while ApplyTexas is careful when handling your personal information, you also have to take precautions to make sure that it will not get stolen.
1. In your web browser type in www.utpa.edu
2. Select New Student on the left hand menu. Once the page opens click on Transfer Student located at the top of the page.
3. Once the page opens scroll down to step 1 and click the link for applytexas.org. On this page you will also find the university’s requirements for admissions.
4. On ApplyTexas you will click on Get started to create your account. You are redirected to the My Account-My Profile page , where you are to enter the required information to create your account. Once you have created your account, ApplyTexas will issue you a username via email that should be written down and saved for when you wish to sign in again.
5. Once you are signed in, to start submitting applications you must click on Start a new application . A screen automatically pops out which says Start a brand new application, and click on Create a new 4 year University admissions application.
6. Select the drop down menu and select the University of Texas Pan-American , and in the application field select Transfer, Undergraduate and then select Continue .
7. Next, select a Semester of entry , for example, Spring 2009. Then, select continue .
8. Select the drop down boxes to select a First and Second school of choice , for example, Health Science and Human Services. Then, select Continue .
9 . Next, select a First choice and Second choice of Major , for example, Rehabilitative Services. Then, select Continue . Next, you are redirected to a page that shows you the admissions deadline, write it down and then select continue .
10. Now you begin the Biographical Information and enter the required fields (some may already be completed). Once you have filled out the required fields, select Save changes . Next, you are given an Application ID, which you should write down. If you did not have to fill out the additional information, then select Save changes .
11. Now you are to enter your Educational Information , and once you have filled out the required fields and answer the required questions, click on Save changes .
12. Next, you enter the Current Courses which you are enrolled in. Once you have filled out the required fields, click on Save changes .
13. Next, you enter the Educational Colleges Attended and Test Information , and once you have entered your educational information click on Save and continue .
14. Next, you are taken to the Residency section of the application, here you will be asked various questions on where you reside. Once you have completed these questions and gone over your responses click Save and continue .
15. Next, you are redirected to the Employment Information and Essay Section . Here you will enter previous or current employments, internships, or complete an essay depending on the university. Once you have entered your information, click on Save and acknowledge page .
16. You should now be at Page 8 where you are asked questions about your major, when you are done completing the questions click on Save and acknowledge page .
17. Next, you are redirected to the Certification of Information page , when you have finished reading the conditions, be sure you checkmark the square at the beginning of the paragraph , and select Payment options .
18. Next, you are able to completely submit your application by clicking on Submit Application Now , and you have now successfully submitted your first application via ApplyTexas.
Now that you have completed this tutorial you have successfully learned how to create an ApplyTexas account and you have successfully learned how to submit an admissions application to a 4 year university. Now that you have completed this task you will be able to create and submit several admissions applications with ease. You can also teach somebody else to use this website if they are not yet familiar with ApplyTexas.