1. A Collections of Poems and Quotes That Have Inspired Me
2. The Paradoxical Commandments by Dr. Kent M. Keith People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway. If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway. If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway.
3. The Paradoxical Commandments by Dr. Kent M. Keith The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway.
4. The Paradoxical Commandments by Dr. Kent M. Keith The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds. Think big anyway.
5. The Paradoxical Commandments by Dr. Kent M. Keith People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway. What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway. People really need help but may attack you if you do help them. Help people anyway.
6. The Paradoxical Commandments by Dr. Kent M. Keith Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.
7. Children Learn What They Live By Dorothy Law Nolte, Ph.D. If a child lives with criticism, He learns to condemn. If a child lives with hostility, He learns to fight. If a child lives with ridicule, He learns to be shy. If a child lives with jealousy, He learns to feel guilty.
8. Children Learn What They Live By Dorothy Law Nolte, Ph.D. If a child lives with tolerance, He learns to be patient. If a child lives with encouragement, He learns to appreciate. If a child lives with praise, He learns to appreciate. If a child lives with fairness, He learns justice.
9. Children Learn What They Live By Dorothy Law Nolte, Ph.D. If a child lives with security, He learns to have faith. If a child lives with approval, He learns to like himself. If a child lives with acceptance and friendship, He learns to find life in the world.
10. Footprints by Margaret Powers One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD. Across the sky flashed scene from his life. He noticed two sets of footprints in the sand. When the last scene of his life flashed before him he noticed that many times there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it was at the very lowest times in his life.
11. Footprints by Margaret Powers He questioned the LORD about it. "LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me." The LORD replied, "My precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."
12. <ul><li>“ God, </li></ul><ul><li>grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, </li></ul><ul><li>the courage to change the things I can, and </li></ul><ul><li>the wisdom to know the difference.” </li></ul><ul><li>Reinhold Niebuhr </li></ul>
13. Answered Prayer “ I asked God for strength that I might achieve. I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey. I asked for health that I might do greater things. I was given infirmity that I might do better things. I asked for riches that I might be happy. I was given poverty that I might be wise.
14. Answered Prayer I asked for power that I might have the praise of men. I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God. I asked for all things that I might enjoy life. I was given life that I might enjoy all things. I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hoped for. Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered. I am, among all men, most richly blessed.” - Unknown Source
15. "Preach the gospel always, If necessary use words.” - St. Francis of Assisi.
16. I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again. - Stephan Grellet (1773-1855), a Quaker missionary
17. GOD – the greatest Lover SO LOVED – the greatest degree THE WORLD – the greatest number THAT HE GAVE – the greatest act HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON – the greatest Gift THAT WHOSOEVER – the greatest invitation BELIEVETH – the greatest simplicity IN HIM – the greatest Person SHOULD NOT PERISH – the greatest deliverance BUT – the greatest difference HAVE – the greatest certainty EVERLASTING LIFE – the greatest possession JOHN 3:16
18. Quotes by Mother Teresa <ul><li>“ I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.” </li></ul><ul><li>“ If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” </li></ul><ul><li>“ Many people mistake our work for our vocation. Our vocation is the love of Jesus.” </li></ul>
19. Quotes by Mother Teresa <ul><li>“ If you can't feed a hundred people, then just feed one.” </li></ul><ul><li>“ Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person.” </li></ul>
20. “ I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.” - Mother Teresa
21. “ What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But if that drop was not in the ocean, I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop…..” - Mother Teresa
22. “ God loves us the way we are, but too much to leave us that way” - Leighton Ford
23. Thou movest us to delight in praising Thee; for Thou hast formed us for Thyself, and our hearts are restless till they find rest in Thee - St. Augustine
24. "If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." - C.S. Lewis
25. The hunger and the thirst of your life that cannot be satisfied by anything in this world is the constant beckoning of God to remember that you were made for another world, you were made for God. - John Piper
26. “ What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.” - Eleanor Powell
27. “ There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus” - Blaise Pascal