There are many trends in impacting Today’s EnterpriseConsumerizationiPhone, Facebook, Twitter, wii, Netflix have all changed the expectations of your employees and your prospects and customersPatterns of workMobility, demise of the 9-5, globalization, always-on, technology shifts have shifted your ability to respond to those customer needs – generally in a positive way, but the trends do pose challenges? Who pays? Who’s accountable for security? Etc., etc.Economic imperativesDrive for profit and growth, containing costs, rapid response to new business opportunity, customer centricity
Device and application proliferation Location independenceBalancing growth and costs
Imagine a world where …
* Dell Oro – Revenues – 1Q 2011Includes Traditional Key/Hybrid, IP-PBX Small, Hybrid IP-PBX SmallCalendar Year Small Platform Revenue Totals - Dell‘Oro GroupOther vendors in the study: Cisco, IBM, Interactive Intelligence, Mitel, Shoretel, NEC, Microsoft
Avaya provides unified communication and collaboration solutions for each of the three main markets on the previous slideIP Office targets the small & medium side business up to 250 users. It can expand up to 1000 users which may be across 32 locations depending on the communication needs.In the midsize and large enterprise space we have the Avaya Aura platform:Avaya Aura® Solution for Midsize Enterprise targets the 250-1000 users, and also serves small customers who have sophisticated needs and are implementing advanced collaboration such as video. This is the Avaya Aura platform for unified communication with expansion to advanced collaboration applicationsBranch Solutions can tie into the midsize solution or a full Avaya Aura multi-server architecture depending on the need. Branches are typically 1-450 users. The Avaya Aura B5800 at the edge is ideal for large branch networks.
Avaya one-X Mobile Preferred allows small businesses to :- Increase productivity- Ensure business continuity- Save communication costs (use of company PBX resources to make your calls from your mobile device)With one-X Mobile Preferred, you can:- Take advantage of the “One Number” capability. Your mobile device becomes your business phone- View your favorite contacts and their Rich Presence (Presence availability and telephony status)- Search local and company contacts (personal local directory orcompany contact database)- Access to your emails and calendar- Configure remotely your telephony settings (forward options, mobility mode ..)- Dial by name using local directory or remote company directory – click to call or voice announce- Use the call control capability (Make call, New call, forward, hold, switch …)
One-X Portal for IP Office has also received some enhancements with release 8.0.Avaya one-X® Portal for IP Office in Release 8.0 introduces a Presence and Instant Messaging Service. It shows presence (including free/busy, on-hook/off-hook, and others) for any of the people added in Directory+ gadget in the one-X Portal. The presence status is also published to buddies using Microsoft OCS/Lync and those which are part of the Google Talk networkEach one-X Portal user by default has a "MyBuddy" entry in his/her IM/Presence roster. MyBuddy is a virtual person that responds to commands entered by the user in his/her chat window by invoking a simple @ command (@call, @xfer, @conf). MyBuddy also works with other popular XMPP-based external instant messaging services and clients (i.e., GoogleTalk and Jabber)—allowing you to communicate with all your contacts in one instant messaging interface and on a wide variety of devices.Avaya one-X® Portal for IP Office in Release 8.0 enables a user to add 3rd party gadgets from Google, Zoho, and other to the one-X Portal. This allows users to combine their Unified Communication workspace with their personal workspace.Release 8.0 also exposes APIs to allow IP Office to be easily integrated into popular sales force automation and customer relationship management applications used by SMEs.
2 new handsets available for DECT R4 systems with IP Office Release 7.0: the 3740 and 3749 These DECT solutions are targetedfor industrial environments., being shockproof, liquid and gas proof. The 3749 also benefits from being intrinsically safe, which loosely translated means you can walk around a coal mine or gas refineries without the risk of explosion. A safety feature called for in some vertical industries is “man down” In the event of no movement for a certain period of time an alert is sent to a security system
You are probably aware of the DevConnect program within Avaya, currently numbering over 170 certified with IP Office. Each offers unique value to IP Office, and can open new market opportunities for you.By embracing our Devconnect partners, and focusing on a vertical market, we, and you, can differentiate from ours and your competition. With knowledge of the vertical and IP Office, sales cycles will be shorter and your ability to generate revenue will be faster.By employing applications tailored to a business requirements It will most certainly put them above their competition.
Notes:This shows the results of the Tolly Group study, 24.6% saving in TCO over ShoreTel, not including conferencing.
More than 1 million businesses in all regions, and sectors rely on Avaya
The Agency Group is one of the world’s leading booking agencies, home to 50 agents with a combined roster of over 1,000 artists. They represent a wide variety of genres including rock, metal, reggae, folk, R&B, hip-hop, classical, and children’s entertainment and have Literary, Speakers, and Events departments operating out of the Los Angeles office. The Agency Group prides itself on building strong ties with artists and their managers by having each agent represent specific acts, unlike most agencies who work them in definite territories. Having offices located throughout the world - in London, New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, and Malmo - allows The Agency Group to easily offer global representation to acts that seek it and book as many markets as possible. Some of their notable clients include Pink Floyd, Nickelback, Paramore and many more.The company has 150 employees across 5 locations - London (HQ) New York, LA, Toronto, and Malmo (Sweden).CHALLENGETheAgency Group was looking for a product with larger conference bridge, with the ability to enable mobile agents to use mobile handsets and/or laptops without incurring costly cell phone charges. Since they were already using the Avaya BCM platform, protecting that investment was a critical requirement – and any new product they would migrate to would need to be availablefor a long time to come. SOLUTIONThe Toronto office installed an IP Office 500v2 running release 7.0 software, and re-used their existing Nortel Digital and IP Handsets. For executives that may be working at different locations – or at home – IP Hardphones with VPN capability were provided. The IP Office Power User package was leveraged to ensure rapid call handling options, as well as reduce the cell phone charges the agents would incur while on the road. Finally, to measure and track customer service, IP Office Advanced Edition was selected.The Agency Group selected IP Office primarily to ensure there was a solution to help migrate their existing legacy Nortel Norstar and BCM platforms. Avaya’s reputation and track record in the industry, along with the outstanding R&D team acquired through the acquisition of Nortel Enterprise Solutions, reassured them of the commitment made to the SME space and the continued design ofthe best SME product out there.VALUE CREATEDInvestment protection – The Agency Group’s existing investment in the Nortel T7000 series sets was preserved by re-using them on the IP Office platform. With IP Office R7.0, a small business can realize between 40 – 60% investment protection when moving from an existing Norstar or BCM to IP Office, ensuring continuity and saving cost.Reduced costs – By leveraging IP Office Power User, agents are now able to make and receive calls on their laptops, just as if they were in the office. The IP Office Softphone – a key component of the Power User solution – lets agents take advantage of WiFi networks in hotel rooms or airports, and significantly reduces the charges incurred through mobile phone use.Improved employee collaboration – On the Norstar and BCM platforms, The Agency Group was limited with how many parties could join a conference call. With agents – not to mention clients - that could be literally anywhere in the world, having a larger, built-in conference bridge was a must. With the built-in, 128-party conference bridge, IP Office eliminates the need to procure additional license keycodes to increase bridge capacity, and allows The Agency Group to hold conference calls for larger parties on an ad-hoc or scheduled basis.
Avaya Global Services is the largest Avaya/Nortel servicer in the world. We provide an exceptional breadth and depth of services to help you build the business case and technical design for a solution, provide for a smooth migration and protect investments after installation with the proper level of support or managed services for your needs.Our professional services help you plan, design, and integrate your solutions to drive business results with communications technology. Plan. We work with you to prioritize your technology investments according to your business needs and develop a full business case and ROI.Design. Once the determination is made about which solution to implement, APS can provide a detailed technical design that eliminates the risk of complex migrations, including multi-vendor or integration with other business applications.Integrate. By planning properly, the implementation and deployment of solutions goes smoothly. Our partners and Avaya Professional Services can provide the capabilities necessary to remove risk from this stage of the lifecycle.Technical support is a strategic element of ensuring the success of a technology purchase and we provide headache-free support to achieve optimal performance for your systems.Support. We can support any environment, from small to large, simple to complex. Our flexibility enables us to provide complete solution support or enable you with the tools and knowledge to complement your capabilities. Many customers find that the ongoing management of a communications environment is critical to business success but an administrative burden on your IT team. Operations Services can take care of your management so you can focus on strategic initiatives.Operate. We have a fully partner-enabled managed services platform services that provides holistic managed options for all Avaya and Nortel solutions, including Voice, Contact Center, Video and Data.
Exact number of Channel Partners is 9631, effective January 21, 2011
No. 1 in Worldwide Unified Communications and Telephony Systems1No. 1 in Worldwide Contact Center2 No. 1 in Worldwide Enterprise Messaging3No. 1 in Worldwide Audio Conferencing4No. 1 in Worldwide Voice Maintenance Services5Additionally, Gartner places Avaya in the Leaders Quadrant based on its completeness of vision and ability to execute:Leaders Quadrant in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Corporate Telephony, 20106 Leaders Quadrant in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications, 20107Leaders Quadrant in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Contact Center Infrastructure, Worldwide, 20108 Sources: 1-Dell’Oro Group, Enterprise Telephony Report, 3Q10, November, 2010; 2-Gartner Inc., Market Share, Contact Center: Worldwide, 2009, Drew Kraus, March, 2010; 3-T3i Group, InfoTrack for Converged Applications, Full Year 2009, Messaging, June, 2010; 4-MZA, Ltd., The World UC Applications Market, 2010 Edition, June, 2010; 5-IntelliCom Analytics, Services Market Dashboard, Q3 2010 Global Lifecycle Services Market Workbook, November, 2010; 6-Gartner Magic Quadrant for Corporate Telephony, Steve Blood et al, August, 2010; 7-Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications, Bern Elliot et al, July, 2010; 8-Gartner Magic Quadrant for Contact Center Infrastructure, Worldwide, Drew Kraus et al, February, 2010.The Magic Quadrant are copyrighted 2010 by Gartner, Inc. and are reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner’s analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the “Leaders” quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Susan G. Komen for the Cure® (“Komen”) is the global leader in the breast cancer awareness movement, having invested and donated nearly $1.5 billion since its inception in 1982.As the world’s largest grassroots network of breast cancer survivors and activists, they work to empower people, ensurequality care for all, and energize science to find acure. Through events like the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure®, and generous contributions from partners, sponsors and fellow supporters, they have become the largest source of nonprofit funds dedicated to the fight against breast cancer in the world.The company has 2 primary locations – the headquarters in Dallas, TX and an office in Washington, DC. There are other satellite offices, but these are where the bulk of the non-profit’s workers are located. Between these 2 offices, there are 286 employees – 260 in Dallas, and 26 in Washington, DC.CHALLENGEKomen had an existing Nortel Norstar system that they wanted to replace with a more modern solution. It’s important for the employees to interact and collaborate closely across the business, and that led Komen to consider an IP solution so they could have an integrated dial plan, enable remote workers, and the ability to monitor / manage the system centrally. SOLUTIONKomen opted to go with XO Communications’ unique XO One iPBX offer, an integrated voice and data solution that includes the on-site IP Office hardware and voice trunking, fully managed and maintained by XO. With a single bill and one point-of-contact for everything,Komen is able to focus its efforts on running the operation, rather than maintaining communications infrastructure.XO Communications installed an IP Office 500v2 in both the Dallas headquarters office and the Washington DC office. The Preferred Edition Group Collaboration option was chosen to provide voicemail and routing for knowledge workers. The Office Worker and Teleworker User Productivity solutions were purchased as well.The Dallas office, having the bulk of employees, had 242 9640 IP telephones installed, along with 18 9650 IP telephones. The Washington D.C. office went with 22 9640 IP telephones and 4 9650 phones.For call accounting and contact center reporting, Avaya DevConnect Partner Datel’s Call Sweet! and Call Sweet! Live were chosen. Additionally, to help with federating presence for internal and external contacts, Avaya DevConnect Partner AdvaTel’sInTouch application was also installed for most workers.Avaya was the only vendor able to complete a successful live demonstration of its solutionand applications at the Komen’s location. The competition was not able to provide a comprehensive, detailed demo according to Komen’s specifications – a key requirement of the bidding process. VALUE CREATEDImproved employee collaboration –The increased functionality gained from one-X Portal for IP Office’s IM capability - as well as the external contact presence realized with AdvaTel's In Touch application - met Komen’s need to simplify communications and increase collaboration internally and externally. The ability to enable remote workers also ensures that there is no loss of productivity should an employee need to work from home at any given time.Reduced costs –XO Communications uses the IP Office System Status Application included within Manager tomonitor the system resources and ensure that everything functions properly across the two locations. With Manager, XO can perform updates or upgrades from a central location, minimizing the need for “truck rolls” or dedicated staff on site at both locations.Business continuity - The rich feature set offered by the Multi-Site Networking option – including resiliency to ensure business continuity - was so impressive, Komen noted that IP Office was superior to what other vendors could provide. Now, Komen can mitigate any risk of downtime if there is an outage at either of the locations.
CUSTOMERHotel Ignacio is a boutique hotel catering to discerning travelers looking for an intimate setting, exceptional personalized service, and a unique stay in the heart of St. Louis’ thriving arts district. The hotel features 50 well-appointed guest rooms and two suites showcasing themes of architecture, fine art, performing arts, and music. The hotel provides high quality amenities, an eco-friendly environment, concierge services, and state-of-the-art interactive media solutions to enhance the experiences of each guest. Undergoing a renovation - and with their grand opening just months away - Hotel Ignacio was looking for a fresh, dynamic approach to in-room communications that would complement their efforts to create a distinctive service experience for guests.CHALLENGERenovation efforts were moving along at the Hotel Ignacio, a 50 room boutique property in the midst of St. Louis’ cultural attractions, adjacent to Saint Louis University. The hotel was planned as an “urban oasis,” surrounding guests with exceptional services, high quality amenities, and an eco-friendly environment. Their vision was to carve a unique niche in the hospitality market, and they needed the ideal communications solution to complement that vision.Integration with the Hotel Ignacio’s existing FCS WinExpress hospitality system was a hard requirement, especially for delivering key staff and guest services such as voice mail, do not disturb, wake-up calls, call billing, and room status. To maintain a competitive advantage over neighboring hotels, the Hotel’s vision included “green” benefits – elimination guest room clutter of hotel directories, in-room menus, or brochures on local attractions. The hospitality industry estimates indicate that green savings related to reduced paper use can equate to $1.29 per available room per night. Ultimately, the Hotel Ignacio wanted in-room capabilities to enhance efficiency, making it faster and easier for hotel staff to update guests with the very latest information – preferably on a single device such as the telephone.SOLUTIONThe hotel’s solution consists of Avaya IP Office, which serves as the platform for the other solution components and internal systems (such as the Property Management System). Hotel Ignacio also selected the Avaya 1608 series IP Phones for staff, the Avaya Guest Media Hub for in-room communications, and FCS (an Avaya DevConnect Partner) WinExpress hospitality system to enable integration with the PMS. Avaya IP Office offers a cost-effective, reliable hospitality solution with extensive guest features and back-office functionality. Ideal for smaller footprint hotels and boutique properties, IP Office delivers basic telephony, contact center auto attendant call routing, and front-desk and hotelier activities supported by the Avaya 1608 IP Phones. The solution also supplies guests with self-service options for checkout and room service, freeing staff to focus on other value-added guest services. Onscreen communications reduce staff time spent on copying and distributing hotel announcements. Fewer in-room printouts means there’s less need to check or replace materials, simplifying housekeeping efforts. With the Avaya Guest Media Hub,one touch brings interactive access to amenities from room phone and voice mail to wake-up calls and front desk assistance. Those hungry for room service simply click to view photo menu selections and order. Guests can personalize weather and stock quote displays, and request frequently needed items such as pillows. Busy travelers save time with quick access to bill review and automated checkout options. Other popular features include local restaurant listings with menus and reviews, and the live streaming video tours of local attractions and events. Further integration with the hotel’s Property Management System (PMS) incorporates guest check-in/check-out and other hotel-related functions. According to John Dalton, General Manager of the Hotel Ignacio, “Our overall Avaya IP Office solution has helped Hotel Ignacio realize close synchronization between our technology and our vision of guest services. We’re very pleased that Avaya technologies have enabled us to achieve seamless, effective integration of all the hotel systems.”VALUE CREATEDCompetitive distinction – the Hotel Ignacio provides a rich array of personalized guest services that are not typically part of the small hotel experience, highlighted by the use of the Avaya Guest Media Hub, delivers rich interactive services for guests via colorful in-room touch-screen devices. Using branded and customized applications, the hotel can offer their own array of special concierge services. Cost savings – replacing traditional in-room printed materials with multimedia communications via the Guest Media Hubsaves the Hotel ~$17,000 per yearEnhanced productivity and efficiency - by using FCS WinExpress, the Avaya IP Office fully integrates with the PMS, automating phone provisioning, billing, and wake-up calls, which were all handled ad-hoc prior to implementation of the system.
The High Authority for the Fight against Discrimination and for Equality (La HALDE, in French: La Haute Autorité de Luttecontre les Discriminations et pour l’Égalité) is a French independent administrative authority created by law on 30 December 2004. The HALDE helps anyone to identify discriminatory practices and to fight them. It advises in all the judicial arrangements, and contributes to establish evidence for discrimination. It has investigatory powers to instruct files, and can demand documents and evidence which the victim could not obtain.Anyone who believes himself or herself to have been a victim of discrimination can appeal to the HALDE, either independently, through a member of the National Assembly, through a senator or through a French EMP; the HALDE can then take pursue cases of discrimination itself, with the agreement of the alleged victim.To do this, the HALDE relies on a network of 130 volunteers that work locally with each of the victims, and doing so while protecting the person’s identity. Complaints are made to the HALDE at its main location in Paris, which is supported by a full-time staff of 91 employees, including 3 agents in a call center. Calls that come into the main location are then distributed – either by the agent or routed if they are busy – to the appropriate volunteer.CHALLENGEThe HALDE had a difficult time managing the customer relationship as all of their volunteers could only be reached by their individual, mobile number. This presented a challenge not only to the agents in the HALDE’s call center, but also to the volunteers themselves – they preferred not to give out their private mobile numbers to clients. With respect to the routing of calls to the volunteer’s mobile device, an audit of the operation revealed that the number of dropped or missed calls was unacceptably high.The HALDE was using an old Alcatel PBX 4400 for both the staff and call center, but could only support a maximum of 80 stations. “The maximum number of employees the system could support was reached quickly,and we realized it was now necessary to integrate the local correspondents’ mobile devices to create a direct link with Paris." said Paul Bernard Delaroche, the Administrative Director of the HALDE.TheHALDE decided to replace the Alcatel system with a solution that would not only be capable of handling a growing number of appeals and / or complaints, but also integrate the local correspondents as a natural extension of the administration.“The project was to review the organization's reliance on a system unsuited to the needs of the administration and the victims.New mechanisms for re-routing and treatment of missed calls had to be implemented to ensure continuity of services", said Delaroche.In addition, the replacement had to consider improvements to the call center, previously administered by the old PBX, such as quality indicators to optimize the handling of complaints and provide a more responsive service.SOLUTIONThe HALDE chose the Avaya IP Office solution with Preferred and Advanced Edition to guarantee a high level of service for its clients by optimizing the communications functions incorporated into the system. Moving to a solution with intelligent routing of calls from the main location to mobile devices - with single number access - the IP Office solution transformed the HALDE’s criticalcommunications and plaintiff engagement experience.“The Halde wanted to implement a centralized communications system that considered the entire process holistically”, says Xavier Godard, Director of ETP Tetracom, an Avaya Authorized Business Partner. “The upgrade focused on three main areas of improvement – internal calls to the main center in Paris, the call center, which distributes calls to volunteer correspondents, and integrating the volunteer correspondents to the system so they could be reached whether using a mobile device or working from home.”The primary objective was to allow the HALDE to increase capacity for handling complaints, while accelerating the process of ramping and integrating new volunteers. Volunteers have been outfitted with one-X® Mobile for IP Office to allow a single-numberinterface between the individual calling the Paris location and the corresponding local service. This alleviates the need for the call center agent to manage multiple volunteers’ mobile numbers and use an integrated dial plan to make seamless transfers without dropping the call. Volunteers often prefer to work from home, and with one-X® Portal for IP Office, they can choose how they wish to be contacted, either on his / her home telephone and/or their mobile phone. Optionally, some choose to use the IP Office Video Softphone directly on the PC. Whatever method the volunteer decides to use, it remains transparent to the outside caller, which allows the volunteer to maintain a closer, more personalized relationship with the victim.In order to better anticipate and improve the monitoring of calls, the HALDE also requested deployment of advanced analytical tools. “With IP Office Advanced Edition and the Customer Call Reporter (CCR) application, we were able to provide a number of statistical reports to suit the business needs of the organization," said Xavier Godard.“Now, the HALDE is presented data on the number of incoming calls, the number of callers treated or transferred to a volunteer, the waiting period on hold, and the number of failures," he says. Now, more calls are processed with no failures, driving a much better experience for the victim and the volunteer.VALUE CREATEDSeamlesscollaboration between staff and volunteers –By enabling intelligent call routing, all volunteers are now integrated to main system at the Paris headquarters, allowing staff to message volunteers, see if they are available, and transfer calls with an integrated dial plan.Improved responsiveness to client inquiries – The addition of CCR in the call center lets agents optimize the handling of complaints and ensure that none of the transferred calls are dropped or lost. Single numberreachability- Using IP Office Power User (which includes one-X® Mobile for IP Office and one-X® Portal for IP Office), volunteers are reachable with a single number via their PC,home phone, or mobile device.
1. AVAYA IP OFFICEThe Power of We™Driving Lower TCO, Simplified Managementand Higher Levels of ProductivityPresenter NameTitleDate
2. AgendaWhat’s Happening in the MarketRecognizing What’s Important to YouAbout Avaya IP OfficeHow Avaya Makes Customers More SuccessfulClosing Thoughts© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 2 2
3. Consumerization MEGA TRENDS Patterns IN TODAY’S of Work ENTERPRISE Economic Imperatives© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 3 3
4. Device and Application Proliferation Location Independence Balancing Growth and Cost© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 4 4
5. IMAGINE A WORLD WHERE FROM TO Cross-Company Decisions Accelerated Teamwork is Slow and by Anywhere / Anytime Unproductive Collaboration People Define the Documents, Devices Collaboration and Networks Rule Experience, Not the Technology Communication Deep Collaboration is Avoided is Rote© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 5 5
6. Ability to Scale, Focus on User Resilient, Highly Grow with You Productivity Reliable The Power of We™ Flexible, Open Simple, Turnkey Lowest Approach Management TCO© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 6 6 6
7. 99% of all businesses are small or medium.Avaya IP Office is 100% right for all of them.RDA, 99% of all businesses worldwide have fewer than 250 employees.Avaya IP Office can support up to 1,000 users across 32 sites from a single platform. © 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 7
8. Avaya IP Office RecognitionFrost & Sullivan Product of the Year Award 2011 This award was evaluated on 4 criteria: 1. Value for money 2. Product features & benefits 3. Go-to-market strategy 4. Market potential & customer adoption “In recent years, the small and medium business segment has grown in importance, becoming the target for a wave of enterprise communications products catering to their specific needs. As a result, capabilities that were once reserved for large enterprises have now made their way into the small business segment. With over 200 thousand platforms installed and over 6 million users worldwide IP Office from Avaya successfully presents SMBs with easy IP and unified communications migration path.” -- Dorota Oviedo, Industry Analyst, Frost & Sullivan © 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 8
9. Ability to Scale, Focus on User Resilient, Highly Grow with You Productivity Reliable Avaya IP Office Flexible, Open Simple, Turnkey Lowest Approach Management TCO© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 9 9 9
10. Avaya IP OfficeSingle, Scalable Unified Communications Solution Proven Track Record of Success  7.5 Million users worldwide since 2002 launch Global Reach  Avaya is #1 Worldwide – SME Systems* Recognized, Award Winning  “Product of the Year” 2011 – Frost & Sullivan  Tech Innovator 2010 – CRN Magazine  25% Lower TCO – Tolly Report (2010)© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 10
11. Avaya Meets The Needs of All Market Segments Serving Small, Midsize and Large Enterprises Avaya IP Office Designed for SME Markets Up to 1,000 users across 32 sites (Max of 384 users per server) Avaya Aura® Designed for Midsize and Large Enterprises Scales to hundreds of thousands Avaya Aura® Avaya Aura® Solution for Midsize Enterprise5 100 250 1000 10,000 xxx,000s Small Medium Midsize Large Fortune 1000 # of Users/site © 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 11 11
12. Seamlessly Connect Locations Extend Administration Lower TCO - customer Centralize service hours Long distance Messaging toll charges Intercompany Hop on/Hop off Call Charges „Hot Desking‟ – Improve Staff anywhere Receptionist Collaboration© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 12
13. Only Avaya IP Office Delivers One Solution for All of SME Avaya IP Office Designed for SME Markets Up to 1,000 users across 32 sites (Max of 384 users per server)  Single Platform  Built from ►5 Products = 200 users ground up for ►7 Products = 500 users SME ►9 Products to scale*  No other ►11 Products = 300 users vendor has this ►13 Products = 600 users ►26 Products = 1000 users** 5 20 250 1,000 10,000 xxx,000s VSB Small Medium Mid Market Large Fortune 1000* Shoretel requires two different models; 4 of one and 5 of another to reach1,000** Takes 24 to get to 500; Two more products added in 2011; 2 nd product, BE3000 has 300 user capacity © 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 13
14. Ability to Scale, Focus on User Resilient, Highly Grow with You Productivity Reliable Avaya IP Office Flexible, Open Simple, Turnkey Lowest Approach Management TCO© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 14 14 14
15. Focused On User Experience Uniquely Structured to Meet the Needs of All Users Across the Network USER PRODUCTIVITY OTHER n/a OPTIONS with Basic Optional Receptionist Office Mobile Tele- Power Agent Supervisor Worker Worker Worker User Hardware & (Preferred) Software Choose Based on the Number of User Types you Have (One Time Seat License) GROUP COLLABORATION Warranty & Basic Telephony IP Telephony with Mobility Unified Communications UC and Contact Center Services IP Office IP Office IP Office IP Office Basic Essential Preferred Edition Advanced Edition Accessories & Edition Edition Pre-requisite: Essential Edition Pre-requisite: Preferred Edition Adjuncts Pre-req: Basic Edition One Edition License Covers All Users on the Server (I.E. Location) VOICE, DATA AND VIDEO PLATFORMS AND DEVICES Application Partners FinancingCommunications Server Data Multi Media Endpoints Multi-site Options © 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 15
16. Avaya IP Office Editions Price & Value Comparisons based on Customer Needs +$2,295 NPL (Total: $4,735) Advanced Edition +$1,895 NPL (UC with Call Center) (Total: $2,440) Preferred Edition Adds to previous: +$495 NPL (UC with Preferred Mobility) (Total: $545) • Track, measure customer service Essential Edition Adds to previous: • Password protected call (IP Telephony/Essential Mobility) • Full “Meet me” audio recording with $50 NPL conferencing with user search, replay, archiving Adds to previous: passwords • Alarm notifications Basic Edition • Unlimited multi-level • Detailed actionable (Basic telephony) • IP PBX functionality auto attendant reports • Up to 40 (single • Scalable, resilient • IVR level) Auto • Key System voicemail • Text To Speech attendant • Single site only • No limit on VPN • Visual Basic Scripting • Voicemail to email • Digital/Analog phones/system • Basic call control on mobile • Call recording phones only devices • Auto-attendant • Ability to add user solutions – Desktop on • 128 party ad hoc only audio mobile device, HD video• 64 party ad hoc only audio conferencing conferencing conferencing, IM/presence, calendar • Up to 2 VPN phones/system mining, Outlook & Salesforce integrationN/A: User solution, multi-site options Options: Receptionist, Multi-site Adds Options: Power User, Office Worker Adds Options: Agent, Supervisor VOICE, DATA ,VIDEO, AND DEVICES Communications Server Data Multi Media Endpoints Multi-site Options © 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 16
17. Example: IP Office Power UserFor Employees Who Need to Work from Anywhere Desktop Integration Call control, access to all messages Host, manage audio conferences Video conference, softphone IM/presence Mobile Personalize with gadgets Access Works with Outlook, Salesforce.com Call control, access to all messages Host, manage audio conferences IM/presence Hot Desking Move from office to office Easily log in and make that phone your office phone© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 17
18. Avaya one-X® Mobile Preferred for IP OfficeFeatures Users Can Now Access On the Go Bring the one-X® Portal for IP Office experience to the mobile workforce — Call control (click-to-call, click-to-conference, etc.) — Visual voicemail — Call logs — IM and presence (both call and calendar) — Corporate directory access — Additional features specific to mobile users Supported on Android 2.x smartphones and/or tablets* Unique mobility with sell “sizzle” trumps competition Simplifies and drives UC adoption for mobile workers* iPhone integration will follow in a dot release (cQ2 2012)© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 18
19. Avaya one-X® Mobile Preferred for IP Office Easy to deploy, leverages existing server infrastructure Cellular voice / PSTN IP Office Voice callsSimplified, open architecture IP Office• Only one physical server one-X Portal & required (can use existing VoiceMail Pro Data Preferred Edition / one-X Portal Server server)• Calendar integration with MS Internet / Requires only one physical Cellular Data Exchange Network server!• Rich presence aggregation and federation with public networks Microsoft Exchange Real-time business Server collaboration for the mobile workforce Calendar Integration © 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 19
20. Avaya one-X® Portal for IP Office Increased personalization enhances user experience Federated presence with MS Exchange, MS OCS, & GoogleTalk contactsMute button for active calls MS Exchange calendar mining Transfer IM to voice conversation  Simple URLs  MyBuddy  Gadget tabs & more! Easy 3rd party gadget integration e.g. iGoogle © 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 20
21. New: Avaya IP Office Plug-in for Microsoft® OutlookEnables SMEs to Embed Communications Into their Desktop Click to call, IM, or conference Federate presence with corporate, MS Visual voicemail OCS/Lync, & GoogleTalk contacts Calendar mining  Easy to install – no additional servers required Prime contacts  intuitive for your customers always on display – to use no search required!  Increase consideration with Microsoft SMEs© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 21 21
22. Integration with Salesforce.comCall control through SFDC portal Make and receive calls Consultative or blind transfers Place calls on /  “Out of the box” integration with IP Office off hold – Simple plug-in appears in side bar of every SFDC page – Enable your customers to personalize their service – Instant access to customer information© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 22 22
23. Ability to Scale, Focus on User Resilient, Highly Grow with You Productivity Reliable Avaya IP Office Flexible, Open Simple, Turnkey Lowest Approach Management TCO© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 23 23 23
24. Why Avaya IP Office? It’s resilient, not redundant Other Vendor Products Avaya IP Office Have Fans No Fans “Fans and large power supplies have No Moving Parts. a high probability of failure” * Highly reliable Redundant Expense Built-in Resiliency • Requires physical IP ports to ensure • In a multi-site network, no idle hardware failover; if the IP phone ports are needed; software intelligence delivers failover not available, the phones won’t • IP failover does not depend on hardware failover. • All included with the IP Office Multi-site Option • Requires purchase of enough • Single-site redundancy is delivered by simply redundant ports to be effective. adding additional IP Office hardware Only One Option Choice for More Reliability, Savings IP infrastructure has more points of Infrastructure for digital (typical for SME) failure and is reliant on bandwidth is inherently less complex, more cost effective* Excerpt from “Building Reliable IP Telephony Systems”; a 2009 Shoretel white paper © 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 24 2
25. A comparison of resiliency IP Office leaves no hardware idle; minimizes blocking  Small business scenario: 2 sites (25 people at headquarters; 50 people at satellite office) What if the switch goes down at the satellite office? HQ (25 ext.) Satellite office (50 ext.) HQ (25 ext.) Satellite office (50 ext.) IP Office e.g. Shoretel  All 50 users fail over to HQ  All of the 50 users fail over to HQ  All licenses carry over  Designated backup switch required for  No idle hardware required resilience (idle hardware!)  No blocking!*  Potential blocking (must have enough free ports in HQ for continuous service)* - requires appropriate number of VCM channels © 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. © 2010 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 2525
26. The IP Office Resiliency SolutionProvides business continuity for single- or multi-site SMEs Backup PSTN PSTN ResilientA IP link Multi-Site B System A System B Preferred Edition (VoiceMail Pro) Huntgroup 1 Huntgroup 2Systems A & B share information,including:Users & HuntgroupsIP Extension (Including DHCP)Personal contacts/Call Log (1600)Licenses associated to users© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. © 2010 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 26
27. The IP Office Resiliency SolutionProvides business continuity for single- or multi-site SMEs Backup PSTN PSTN ResilientA Multi-Site B System A System B Preferred Edition (VoiceMail Pro) Huntgroup 1 Huntgroup 2 On system A failure, system B will automatically support Avaya IP phones and Hunt Groups (no additional Avaya IP phone licenses required for failover) Preferred Edition voice mail server re-registers to system B All users will have their Power Worker, Office Worker, Mobile Worker, and Teleworker licenses carried over© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 27
28. The IP Office resiliency solutionProvides business continuity for single- or multi-site SMEs Backup PSTN PSTN ResilientA Multi-Site B System A System B Preferred Edition (VoiceMail Pro) Huntgroup 1 Huntgroup 2  Once system A is restored, system administrator controls return to normal operation via System Status Application (SSA)© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. © 2010 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 28
29. The IP Office resiliency solutionProvides business continuity for single- or multi-site SMEs Deploy Preferred Edition voicemail across multiple sites with resiliencyCentralized / PrimaryVoice Messages/Call Recording Distributed DistributedBackup Preferred IP Office EditionMessaging/config backup in case of Centralized Primary Distributed network or hardware failure Preferred Preferred Edition Edition DistributedDistributed Network IP OfficeMinimizes WAN traffic Primary IP OfficeUtilize local voice ports Key Benefits Backup Preferred Edition• Business continuity• Improved customer service © 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. © 2010 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 2929
30. Ability to Scale, Focus on User Resilient, Highly Grow with You Productivity Reliable Avaya IP Office Flexible, Open Simple, Turnkey Lowest Approach Management TCO© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 30 30 30
31. A Holistic Approach to CollaborationUser Applications and Devices Integration with Business and Social Apps DevConnect Contact Center Infrastructure IP Office Data© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 31 31
32. Offers Customer Service OptionsEasy, Affordable Comprehensive Contact Center Reports shown in 15 & 30 minute increments Agent Performance Factor in Agent Time Card Report Supervisor Report Template Copy Custom reports with Microsoft Report Builder Coaching / Silent Intrusion / Whisper page Real-time monitoring Enhanced system statistics  Simple, powerful reporting with even more value for your customers  Thin client architecture lowers speeds installation, lowers TCO© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 32
33. Flexible Call Recording Browser based access to recording library Powerful search filters: CLID, Date, time, dialled number, length, extension number Ad-hoc (immediate record) or percentage calls in a time period Easily archived and retrieved Perfect for training and conflict resolution© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 33
34. IP Office Open ArchitectureIntegrated Solutions Delivered with Partners 172 DevConnect partners – Off the shelf applications for all industries All DevConnect Partner solutions certified with IP Office IP Office industry standard ‘TAPI’ interface – customizable to almost any desktop application supporting TAPI IP Office CTI-link, IVR, VB Scripting for ‘deeper’ customized integration© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 34
35. DevConnect Partner ExampleThe Value They Bring – Customer References CRM Integration • Salesforce.com, • MS Dynamics, etc. Integrated Live Chat Integrated Call Accounting Click-to-Dial Automated Dialer Integrated web chat* Integrated email* Integrated voice* * Early 2012 with Contact SWEET!© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 35
36. Ability to Scale, Focus on User Resilient, Highly Grow with You Productivity Reliable Avaya IP Office Flexible, Open Simple, Turnkey Lowest Approach Management TCO© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 36
37. IP Office Management & AdministrationIntuitive, secure, reliable  Administration from any location  Automated back-up and restore  Error free configuration  Fast, easy upgrades  Offline configuration  QoS and resource Monitoring  Real-time call status  SNMP Alarms – emailed  Remote Diagnostics© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 37
38. Ability to Scale, Focus on User Resilient, Highly Grow with You Productivity Reliable Avaya IP Office Flexible, Open Simple, Turnkey Lowest Approach Management TCO© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 38 38 38
39. An Independent Test Report: IP Office & ShoreTel This does not include conferencing! 24.6% quickly jumps to 50%+ on a 50 user construct with ShoreTel conferencing “has lower complexity and system power demands than the comparable ShoreTel solution” Download The Tolly Test Report: … SME Sales Portal Competitive Intelligence/ShoreTel© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. © 2010 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 39
40. A comparison of pricing / TCO No extra hardware required for non-blocking, conferencing Audio Conferencing drives up ShoreTel TCO Giving Avaya a 50% Advantage!** - 50 user construct © 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. © 2010 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 4040
41. Savings from SIP trunking  50% or more monthly savings*  Share the WAN for both telephony and data  Reduced onsite equipment  Buy just what you need, add when you want  Utilize multiple providers for best calling rates – Based on time, number dialled etc* Using Avaya „flip to SIP‟ - data received from various SIP service providers and assumes a fixedrate for local, long distance, international, and toll-free inbound calling charges.Flip to SIP : http://avaya-news.com/sip/ipoffice/ © 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 41
42. Avaya IP Office is designed to optimally enable your people to sell to, interact with, service and support your customers.© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 42 42
43. Avaya‟s Differentiation Avaya Competition Innovators in Real-Time Built for Email / Data Collaboration Communication or Niche player Fit-for-Purpose One Size Fits All Works with what you have Forces rip and replace People First Technology-Centric Technology Architecture Built-in Reliability Prone to failure, added cost to and Resiliency resolve with redundant servers Simple, single platform Many different boxes and – and it’s a hybrid servers, forces IP only infrastructure© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 43
44. Businesses Worldwide Rely on Avaya Top 10 16,000 Top More Than 5,500 Hotel Groups Retail Sites 20 Airlines Healthcare Institutions Nearly 5,000 Government Every 70% of the Largest Educational Agencies Fortune 100 Banks Institutions in more than Manufacturing 25 Countries Company© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 44 44
45. Global Artist Booking Agency 150 employees, 5 locations, London (HQ), New York, LA, Toronto, and Malmo  Investment protection in a system viable for the foreseeable futureChallenge  Keep agents in constant touch with without incurring cell phone charges  Conference bridge to accommodate large number of participants “Avaya has done a good job of  Preserved investment made in existing bringing the features of our Nortel T7000 series sets existing Nortel phones to the IP Office platform, which makes theValue  Power user lets agents leverage WiFi transition easier. All of the codes to make calls without using cellular are carried forward, so this makes programming our Nortel phones very simple, and users  128-party, “meet-me” conference can keep working with bridge allows flexible setup with them, without any added input maximum headroom from IT.” Howie Gold, The Agency Group © 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. © 2010 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 45
46. End-to-End Avaya Services Delivered With Our Partners Avaya Professional Services Business productivity improvement to solve your key concerns GLOBAL SERVICESAvaya OperationsServices Global SupportTotal accountability for Services managing Strategic support for communications optimal performance solutions © 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 46 46
47. Protects Your Grows Your Reduces Investment Revenue Risk The Power of We™ Works with what Is Easy to Reduces Your Costs, you have Manage Saves You Money© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 47 47 47
48. Finally,New Promotional Offer for UC Applications  Rebate promotion – US and Canada  Effective: October 1, 2011 – March 31, 2012  Three levels, starting at 32 or more IP users  Offers up to $3,600 in rebates© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 48
49. THANK YOU Name firstname.lastname@example.org© 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 49 49 © 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved.
51. Avaya‟s Business Model is Strong $5.1B FY10 revenue; Y/Y growth Quarterly gross margin improvements during FY10Revenue Continued investment in innovation Data and Video market entry in driving new revenue streams Profitable business model $795M EBITDA in FY10. Up $42M Y/YProfitability and represents 15.7% of revenue Operating income* reported at $335M or 7% of revenue in FY10 and $531M or 13% of revenue in FY09 Positive cash flow from operations in FY10, for ninth Cash consecutive year Strong cash balance continued in FY10 © 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. *excluding one-time and non-cash items 52 52
52. Avaya: Strong, Focused and Growing 19,000 Employees 32 Global Delivery in 54 Countries Support Centers Largest Installed BaseNearly 10,000 Channel of Global Business Partners Worldwide Systems; Second Largest for Data Labs inCanada, Germany, Indi HEADQUARTERS 30M+ SME Users a, Israel, Japan, US Basking Ridge, NJ Worldwide, ~ 50% and the UK USA More than Nearest Competitor INVESTING ENVIRONMENTALLY IN R&D SOUND 5,400 patents or patents 40% more energy efficient pending than any other network © 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 53 53
53. Recent Industry Highlights #1 MARKET SHARE Unified Communications1, Contact Center2, Enterprise Messaging3, Audio Conferencing4 Voice Maintenance Services5 and SMB CRN Tech Innovator award J.D. Power Associates 2010 for IP Office (11/2010) Certification For 2 years in a row, 2011 “Worlds Most Ethical Avaya has been recognized Companies” for the 5th Year Frost & Sullivanby J.D. Power and Associates 2011 Product of the Year for “Providing An Outstanding Customer Experience” Best Customer Commitment Best Knowledge Hall of Fame Award Management Practices Recognition for Lifetime Best Service Delivery OptimizationAchievement for Outstanding Service J.D. Power and Associates 2010 Certified Technology Service & Support Program SM, developed in conjunction with Technology Services Industry Associates (TSIA). For more information, visit www.jdpower.com or www.tsia.com © 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 54 54
54. How IP Office competitive analysis Stacks up strongly against the rest Avaya 5000/NeXspan Alcatel-L Cisco CM Mitel 3300 ICP ShoreTel Siemens IP Office & 800/OpenCom OmniPCX Express Enterprise HiPath Series Office EditionResiliency for Business Option, Optional, Optional with Standard on Optional with Optional withContinuity (automatic Yes, with multi- No resiliency on cooling fans SRST software MXe, Optional sufficient secondaryfailover) site option OpenCom/800 only with 2nd additional gatekeeper (all IP config) controller on hardware MX and LXThird-party SIP phone Yes No (OpenCom), No Yes Yes Yes Yessupport Yes (NeXspan)Audio Conferencing 3-party, no Meet- 6-party 8-party 8-party 3-party; 6- 5-partyCapacity 2 x 64-party me party with additional IP phone ports assignedAbility for Users to Yes, with Expensive external 6-party 32-party, no Optional 200- Optional 12- Optional,host their own IP Office server required for password party 204 ports variespassword coded Preferred Edition >3-party protectionsconference callsSeparate Server/ No (Essential) No No Yes Yes Yeshardware required? Yes (Preferred)Number of Music On 4 1 1 1 1 per locations 16Hold sourcesThin-Client Access to Yes, with No No No No Yes, with Noproprietary Call Center Advanced Edition Syntellect CIM © 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. © 2010 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 5555
55. CPA Services Across 3 Locations Ensures Reliable Client Service  Previous system was replacedChallenge after several months  Sought reliability, client “We need the best for our satisfaction and cost savings customers, and with the Avaya system, I’d say we have it. We’re a service business, which means  15% increase in billable time we are dependent on  Ability to consolidate 3 people being able to reach us. If that doesn’tValue receptionist roles to operate exist, we might as well from one location close our doors.”  Redeploy 2 resources Joseph P. Manzelli, CPA, CITP Director,  Lower maintenance costs Fuoco Group LLP © 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 56
56. 180 Person Law Firm in UK Practicing Mergers of Companies and Systems  Many mergers over the past 5 yearsChallenge added disparate systems “With Release 5, we’ll  Needed to consolidate them all to implement the SCN connect their 7 locations across UK resiliency, thin client applications, Voice over IP, and a “one number”  Remote management of all systems mobility program that will  “Immediate increase in productivity have a significant impact and cost savings (£2000/month) on the productivity of ourValue through reduced maintenance” solicitors, who are constantly on the move –  Future applications integration: between  Integration with LexisNexis Axxia, the firm’s offices, courts, clients and new Practice Management System – enabling working at home.” click to call and automatically keeping track of the time solicitors are on the phone on behalf Alan Barrett of clients Director of IT © 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 57
57. Office Equipment Vendor in UK Improves Service With Avaya IP Office  Improve the level of service itChallenge could provide to its customers  Required an intelligent call routing system to support highly mobile workforce “We don’t want the fact that  Near immediate ROI we are a small business to limit who we can target in terms of our customers. With  Intelligent, personalizedValue Avaya’s IP Office interactions with customers solution, along with one- number access capability, we  Cost reductions through the can compete with big players much more efficiently that we use of virtual office spaces otherwise could…” and VPN phones Chris Bailey, Business Development Manager, CST Direct © 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 58
58. Non-profit charity for research 286 employees, 2 locations, Dallas (HQ) and Washington, DC  Wanted to improve internal collaboration across employeesChallenge  Outdated Norstar system made administration across 2 sites difficult  Enable employees to work remotely when necessary “The new SME demo tools were  One-X Portal® for IP Office lets critical to securing the win. Avaya employees collaborate in real-time was the only vendor able to complete a successful liveValue demonstration of the IP Office  Reduced maintenance costs through solution at the customer location. IP Office Manager and SSA Our competitors were not able to provide a demo at this level of  Resilient Multi-Site Network provides detail according to the customer’s specifications.” business continuity Chris Harper, Account Executive – XO Communications © 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. © 2010 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 59
59. Customers: Boutique, luxury hotel 50 employees, 1 location, St. Louis (MO)  Needed a communications solution with cutting-edge technology, scalability, and abilityChallenge to integrate effectively with existing PMS  Wanted a high quality, eco-friendly ambiance with distinctive, personalized guest services  Had to meet an aggressive timeline for the hotel’s re-opening date “At Hotel Ignacio, we practice the art  Enhanced productivity and efficiency through of hospitality, and our Avaya IP Office solution complements those efforts. It guest self-services and access to online controls gives us that technology edge, offering for check-in/out statusValue guests unique access to multimedia services. It also reflects our  A “greener” environment – replaced traditional commitment to a greener environment in-room printed materials with multimedia by helping our hotel operate and serve communications, saving ~$17,000 per year guests more efficiently…”  Seamless integration with hotel PMS John Dalton, General Manager of Hotel Ignacio  Scalability for future business growth © 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. © 2010 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 60
60. Customers: Anti-discrimination authority 90 employees, 130 volunteers, 1 location, Paris (FR)  Existing Alcatel system could not accommodate growth and mobile integrationChallenge  3-person call center unable to handle volumes during peak traffic, resulting in dropped or missed calls  Volunteers needed ability to work from home or on the road “The deployment of the Avaya IP Office 500 has provided considerable  Seamless collaboration between full-time staff flexibility, both with the integration of in Paris and home-based / mobile volunteers mobile volunteers and the direction ofValue calls during peak traffic at the call  Improved responsiveness to client inquiries center. With the old system, we had and support problems of and loss of functionality during peak loads. After installation  Volunteer workers can be reached with a single of the Avaya IP Office, we have not number whether at home or using their mobile encountered any such issues!” device Paul Bernard Delaroche, Director – The HALDE © 2011 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. © 2010 Avaya Inc. All rights reserved. 61