2. ** Blogging Best Practices, Platforms and Technology* Blogging Techniques* Blogging Add-Ons* Don’t do anything till we’ve talked about it.
3. ** Techniques * Email me your Wordpress.com blog’s URL- CKIEFF@GMAIL.COM * Create 4 different posts- no writing * Links * Images * Link to other blogs * Comment on other blogs * Moderate Comments
4. ** No Writing * Find 3 or 4 articles somewhere (www.1goodreason.com) * Copy the article and post it.
5. ** Upload Images from your computer* Link to images on the web * www.CreativeCommons.org* Create images in different places * Left * Center * Right * Big and little images
6. ** Link to at least 5 other students blogs * Extra credit link to Posterous blogs too* Link to all other student blogs in your blog roll* Link to blogs in the copy of the blog post* Observe how the links show up in your dashboard
7. ** Understand the comment process * Comment on other blogs * Signed into Wordpress, and not* Moderate comments- SPAM * ONLY Mark MY comments spam * We don’t want to damage any students blog reputations in case they want to use this later* Reply to a comment- examine the display
8. ** Think like a publisher* Focus on keywords (not your brand)* Ask your readers what they want* Engage from the start* Be casual- go off topic* Say what you think* Link to other blogs often, no more often* Read other blogs and comment* Be current* It doesn’t have to be perfect* Use guest bloggers/authors & be one
9. ** This whole class is a lab today! * Extra Credit lab work: * Create a login for another student to be a guest blogger on your blog. * Examine how different levels of permission control their actions and access to the blog.