View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
Vowel Sounds of the Day
• /i/ as in “eat”, “peel”, and “candy”
• /ɪ/ as in “it”, “fish”, and “dip”
• /i/ is produced by pulling the lips back into a
“smile” and keeping your tongue forward and
up in the mouth.
• /ɪ/ is produced with your lips slightly open and
the tongue slightly forward and midway up in
Individual Sound Practice
Each preacher needs to eat three
green beans before he is free to
reach for the cream.
Lily is itching to dip this carrot stick
into the dish. She’ll go to the gym
and take pills to keep slim and trim.
Now Try the Sounds Together
• Phil and Neal still think they need to seal
the deal to build the bridge in Hillsville.
• Sheena and Jill think Phil and Neal need
to really see how much it will take before
they fill out the forms.
This ship is filled with cheap sheets and
Will you wheel my meal to the mill for me?
Beatrice beat Bill when he bit his sister.
Tim needs the team to leave him near the
street he lives on.