• Share
  • Email
  • Embed
  • Like
  • Save
  • Private Content
2014 hawaiiseedcrops
 

2014 hawaiiseedcrops

on

  • 256 views

 

Statistics

Views

Total Views
256
Views on SlideShare
256
Embed Views
0

Actions

Likes
0
Downloads
1
Comments
0

0 Embeds 0

No embeds

Accessibility

Categories

Upload Details

Uploaded via as Adobe PDF

Usage Rights

© All Rights Reserved

Report content

Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
  • Full Name Full Name Comment goes here.
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
    Processing…
Post Comment
Edit your comment

    2014 hawaiiseedcrops 2014 hawaiiseedcrops Document Transcript

    • United States Department of Agriculture National Agricultural Statistics Service Pacific Region - Hawaii Seed Crops The Pacific Region Includes the States of CA, HI and NV Cooperating with the Hawaii Department of Agriculture Pacific Regional Office - Hawaii · 1428 S. King St., · Honolulu, HI 96814 · (808) 973-2907 · www.nass.usda.gov/hi Released: February 10, 2014 SEED CROP VALUE DECLINES 10 PERCENT The Pacific Regional Office – Hawaii, of the United States Department of Agriculture’s National Agricultural Statistics Service, estimates the value of Hawaii’s seed industry at $213 million for the 2012-13 season. This preliminary estimate represents a 10 percent decline from the 2011-12 revised estimate of $238 million. This decline is attributed to operating and organizational changes. Hawaii’s record high was $239 million, set in the 2010-11 season. Seed corn accounts for $201 million, or 94 percent, of the total value in 2012-13. Various other seed crops account for the remaining 6 percent. Outshipments of seed are projected to total 22.6 million pounds during the 2012-13 season, up 122 percent from the revised 10.2 million pounds shipped during the previous season. Acreage harvested for all seed crops is expected to total 7,040 during the 2012-13 season, up 2 percent from the previous revised season. SEED CROP VALUE, HAWAII, 2002/03 - 2012/13 Million Dollars 300 250 200 150 100 50 0 Season USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
    • SEED CROPS Number of Farms, Acreage, Outshipments, and Value, Hawaii 2002/03 - 2012/13 Acreage by Use Crop Year 1 Farms Total Nursery Seed Increase Grow-out or Observation ------------------------------- Acres ---------------------------- 2002/03 2003/04 2004/05 2005/06 2006/07 2007/08 2008/09 2009/10 2010/11 3 2011/12 2012/13 4 7 10 10 10 10 10 10 11 10 10 10 3,900 3,900 3,680 4,140 4,260 5,300 5,990 6,500 6,205 6,910 7,040 1,210 1,045 1,090 1,360 1,295 1,830 1,920 2,190 1,925 1,610 1,590 2,580 2,730 2,450 2,740 2,910 3,470 4,060 4,290 4,275 5,050 5,185 110 125 140 40 55 0 10 20 5 250 265 Total Outshipments of Seed 1,000 pounds 5,850 6,500 6,900 7,550 10,470 8,380 11,275 12,000 10,230 10,185 22,585 Total Value 2 Seed Corn Other Seed Crops ----------------- $1,000 ---------------- 48,145 49,160 62,600 77,330 103,040 140,710 176,990 236,410 239,375 237,615 213,330 47,060 47,435 60,200 74,800 98,050 135,580 169,275 224,490 229,830 225,950 200,770 1,085 1,725 2,400 2,530 4,990 5,130 7,715 11,920 9,545 11,165 12,560 1 Seed crops are grown year-round in Hawaii with the main season from November to June. Value is based on sales or gross operational budgets. 3 Revised. 4 Preliminary. 2 Page 2 of 2 Pacific Region - Hawaii, Seed Crops (February 10, 2014) USDA, National Agricultural Statistics Service