1. Adaptations Presented by FSGA Forestry Department
2. Presented by: <ul><li>Jamaal Jermaine Javier Marcus Jayla Samari Shalese Angie </li></ul><ul><li>Montre Kristine Tamia Isaiah </li></ul><ul><li>Mia Derrick Samuel Lelia </li></ul><ul><li>3 rd grade FLE Hinesville, GA </li></ul>
3. FSGA Field Trip <ul><li>The Fort Stewart Forestry Department brought a “field trip” to the Frank Long Elementary 3 rd grade. We learned about habitats and different animals found in our area. We also were able to touch a live alligator and a gopher tortoise. We ended the field trip with a walk on our nature path. The forestry men were our guides and they pointed out many different things along the way. We had a lot of fun! </li></ul><ul><li>This presentation shows the highlights of our field trip. </li></ul>
4. <ul><li>We learned that </li></ul><ul><li>snakes shed their </li></ul><ul><li>skins. They do this </li></ul><ul><li>because they grow </li></ul><ul><li>out of their skin </li></ul><ul><li>and need a new </li></ul><ul><li>one. </li></ul>This shows the snakes rattle…. This snake skin is about 10 feet long
5. <ul><li>Alligators can be found in many different places in…the swamp, marsh, lakes and ponds. </li></ul>We got to touch a live alligator. Look carefully to see the baby alligator.
6. <ul><li>Alligators can grow quite large. This “guy” was found on Fort Stewart. </li></ul>
7. These are pictures of tortoises that live on Ft. Stewart. The one on the top left is a shell that was found on FSGA. The instructor was showing us how he gets the tortoises to come out of their shells.
8. We were given the chance to touch the gopher tortoise. Mrs. Turner poses with the gopher tortoise. This particular tortoise is a resident at the FSGA Forestry Department.
9. Animal skulls found on FSGA This is a bird house and a snake skin These are specimens that were found on Ft. Stewart.
10. Butterflies, Grasshoppers, Bugs and a Dragonfly
11. Listening and learning
12. Credits <ul><li>Fort Stewart Forestry Department </li></ul><ul><li>Microsoft Power Point </li></ul>