3. Bruce Lee was not American. Its acommon misconception. He wasChinese. He was actor, martialartist, philosopher, film director,screenwriter. He was also thefather of actor Brandon Lee and ofactress Shannon Lee. He is mainlynoted for his roles in five featurelength films, Lo Wei’s The Big Boss(1971) and Fist of Fury (1972); Wayof the Dragon (1972), directed andwritten by Bruce Lee; WarnerBrothers’ Enter the Dragon (1973),directed by Robert Clouse, andThe Game of Death (1978).
4. He is considered by many as the mostinfluential martial artist of the 20thcentury, and a cultural icon. He was thepractitioner of Wing Chun and founderof the Jeet Kune Do concept.
5. Life Lesson 1 : “A goal is not always meant to be reached, itoften serves simply as something to aim at.”Goals serve as something to aim for, so don’t get too hung up on reaching them. Focus onenjoying the journey and the process. If you’re hiking on a beautiful trail, your goal is to getto your end destination, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the walk, or even changedirection. Be open, be flexible.
6. Life Lesson 2 : "Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked,while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind."The happiest people in the world are flexible. They do not have rigid beliefs or try to controland manipulate their surroundings to make them happy. They are okay with how thingsare. They accept, they live in the now and they breathe. If you want to have a fulfilling andhappy life, be flexible and accept things as they are.
7. Life Lesson 3 : “If you love life, dont waste time, for time iswhat life is made up of.”There’s no time for procrastinating, making excuses and succumbing to your fears. I know itcan be hard, but you will ultimately die, so why not make the best of your life? Don’t wastetime, instead start boldly moving towards your dreams. You will fail and make mistakesalong the way, so stay humble and stay in the now.
8. Life Lesson 4 : “Real living is living for others.”The most satisfying way to live is to help and enrich the life of others. If you can find a wayto solve other people’s problems while following your passion, you will have found the idealway to live.
9. Life Lesson 5 : “Take no thought of who is right or wrong orwho is better than. Be not for or against.”If we want the earth to become better, we have to let go of judgment, prejudice and rigidbeliefs. There is no need to be right or wrong, or say that you are better than someone else.Everything is as it is. If you do not like it, you can do something else, but do not injectnegative energy, because it never does any good.
10. Life Lesson 6 : “I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicksonce, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.”If you want to get results and master something, you have to stop dabbling and jumpingaround from thing to thing. Commit to something and follow through. Most people quitbefore any results can appear. They give up too soon. Don’t be one of those people!
11. Life Lesson 7 : “Using no way as way, using no limitation as limitation.”You impose your own limitations. Even if a guru tells you that something is impossibledoesn’t mean it is. He or she is human just like you. Remember, most great peoplewere told they could never accomplish something, but they went ahead and did itanyway. Listen to yourself and do what excites you.
12. Life Lesson 8 : “Simplicity is the key to brilliance.”Simplify your life and eliminate the unnecessary. We as a society have been taught toconsume and amass material possessions. Luckily, we are starting to realize that thisdoesn’t work. Happiness comes from the inside, not from the outside. Simplicity givesyou clarity and peace of mind.
13. Life Lesson 9 : "Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not,Add what is uniquely your own."In the beginning, learn from someone you look up to, but as you get better and moresuccessful, take what works and discard what doesn’t. We are all unique, so we have tofind our own groove and start listening to ourselves. Listen to your heart for guidance.Where is it trying to pull you?
14. Life Lesson 10 : "Knowing is not enough, you must apply;willing is not enough, you must do."You can read all the information you want, but if you never take action, nothing willhappen. You will almost never have crystal clear clarity, so you will have to work throughconfusion and uncertainty. I know you want a rock-solid guarantee that will tell you thatyou will be successful, but in reality, no such thing exists. You have to start moving in orderto get to where you want to be.
15. Life Lesson 11 : "The martial arts are ultimately self-knowledge. A punch or a kick isnot to knock the hell out of the guy in front, but to knock the hell out of your ego, yourfear, or your hang-ups.”Everything you do involves your ego. It’s the one that is afraid. It wants you to stay where thingsare comfortable, convenient and safe. If you listen to your heart, you know that this isn’t the pathfor you. Go after your dreams and do so boldly. Accept the fear inside you and keep moving.
16. Life Lesson 12 : “As you think, so shall you become.” Think about what you are thinking today. What do those thoughts say about you? About your life? And how well do they really match your plans for your life and your image of yourself?
17. Life Lesson 13 : “It’s not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hackaway at the unessential.” “If you spend too much time thinking about athing, you’ll never get it done.”Thinking has its place. It can help you plan a somewhat realistic route to your goal andhelp you avoid future pitfalls. Over-thinking is however just a habit that will help you wastea lot of time. It’s more useful to replace that habit with the habit of just doing it.
18. Life Lesson 14 : “To know oneself is to study oneself in action withanother person.”What you see, feel and hear in other people may be a reflection of you. The things youlearn by thinking this way may not always be pleasant, but they can be enlightening. Theyhelp you to see yourself and also how you may be fooling yourself. And these powerfulinsights can be very valuable for your personal growth. So, in interactions with others, tryasking yourself: what is reflected?
19. Life Lesson 15 : “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’renot in this world to live up to mine.” “Showing off is the fool’s idea of glory.”To find more emotional stability and to take control of how you feel you need to get yourvalidation from to a more consistent source. Yourself. You can replace the expectationsand validation of others by setting your own expectations and by validating yourself.
20. Life Lesson 16 : “To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.”Living proactively is so much more rewarding and exciting.
21. Life Lesson 17 : “Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself,do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.”But I believe that being the real you will work better. Because there the genuine you isshining through. Without incongruency, mixed messages or perhaps a sort of phoniness. It’syou to 100%. It’s you with not only your words but you with your voice tonality and bodylanguage – which some say is over 90% of communication – on the same wavelength asyour words. It’s you coming through on all channels of communication.
22. Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while thebamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.
23. Thank You Very MuchSompong Yusoontorn
24. This Slide Show is brought to you by NidoKidoS GroupTo Receive more, send an email firstname.lastname@example.orgOr Join us from website atwww.GetNidoKidoS.ComAlso you can participate in our Discussion Forums atwww.NidoKidoS.Org*Nidokidos is just sharing this file. all rights are reserved by the respective authors of this presentation.