You no longer have to have info at your
finger tips, it’s all in the blink of an eye!
• VS major study of 10,000 airline passengers from across the
world on the future of air travel.
• The number of people travelling has sky-rocketed in recent
decades, the experience has lessened.
• Passengers are calling on the industry to introduce more
innovations and radical fresh thinking*
• Is wearable technology developed enough to use in the work
• Is it technology trying to find a use or a problem being solved by
technology?. We think it's both
*Research conducted by Populus of 10,054 adult air travellers in November 2013. Figures in this release are based
on UK results. Results for the USA, China, Japan, India, Hong Kong, Australia, Mexico, UAE, and South Africa are
• Positive feedback throughout.
• Customers asking to try the Google Glass on!
• Watches are light and comfortable. Google glass comfortable to wear.
• Screen is readable (although we do carefully have to manage the screen content).
• Reduced paper use and removed use of radios.
• More functionality requested driven by host and customer feedback.
Media and Industry feedback
• A lot of excitement about an airline using this technology.
• Global response to launch.
• Battery life on watches good, Google Glass was OK if fully charged.
• Connectivity. 3G didn’t work well, 4G WiFi solution better
• Google Glass in bright light is difficult to read.
• Screen UI/UX/GUI!!
• SVAAKNTNAS596Home$036976officedataMy Pictures2014-04-22 Sixth Sense
VideoSixth Sense Video 001.mp4
What we have learnt so far
Other technology we are trialing - iBeacons
Send messages to customers phone in
range of an ESTIMOTE ibeacon
welcome message in UCW and at
Allow customers to directly access
mBCBP from lock screen.