The money is in the list.Building a list can be straight forward if you have an ‘automated customer collector’.
We’ll look at the why and how of lists and also how you can automate the process.
This is what your list will look like.
Save yourself a LOT of time and hassle by automating.
There are many autoresponders out there such as Aweber (see picture).Some you subscribe to monthly. They are hosted remotely – which means you are not worrying about if own servers or computers crash. We favour Aweber but they all have their pros and cons. Others you can buy as a one off and you have them on your computer and hosting. The advantage is that you don’t have to follow the rules of the autoresponder packages like Aweber.
And a form appears
This is how it works.
How do you get them to sign up with you? After all there are plenty of other newsletters out there vying for their attention, too.Well, you give an incentive, or ‘ethical bribe’.
Here are the sorts of things you could offer.
Example – note the title.
How do you get the sort of people YOU WANT coming to your site? That is, how do you get targeted visitors?
There are three main ways: link juice, business literature and SED (search engine domination)
To get them to concentrate on signing up (and not to be distracted by what else is going on in your site), you can use a special landing page called a squeeze page.
Here’s an example. The yellow boxes show what this site has done well.
If your site is already set up and/or you don’t want to add another page, consider putting the form in a side bar/column. That way, it will be ‘out of the way’ and also show on every page.
Like this one.
If neither of those options appeal, go for a ‘light box’.
A light box hovers in front of the page, and the page itself greys out. A visitor can either click ‘close’ or they can fill in their details. The site then reappears.
Test response by varying the number of fields you ask for.
Autorespnders not only automtae this process for you, they also offer other benefits such as data analysis/feedback, and ...
...automate unsubscribe/change contact info – a bit help!
Any questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Of course, you can unsubscribe any time, and we won’t share your details.
1. Welcome!<br />
2. Get YOUR Business an Automated Customer Collector<br />How to Build a List <br />That You Can Sell To <br />Again and Again<br />
3. LISTS<br /><ul><li> Why
5. Automation</li></li></ul><li>Database of Subscribers<br /> People who WANT to hear from you!<br />
6. Use Your List to<br />TELL & SELL<br />
7. Use Your List For...<br /> News<br /> Tips<br /> Updates<br /> Giving information<br /> Free gifts<br /> Member-only offers<br /> Event coming up<br /> Quiet week coming up<br /> New product (advance notification for valued subscribers)<br /> Promotion<br /> JV/cross-promotion<br />
8. AUTOMATE <br /><br />
9. Aweber Autoresponder<br />Just one of the automated customer collectors out there<br />
10. CODE (to put in your site)<br />
12. 1. Signs up<br />3. Goes to thank you page<br />2. Confirms<br />4. Gets sent regular newsletters<br />Upsell opportunity!<br />
13. Give an Incentive!<br />‘Ethical Bribe’<br />
14. Free ebook<br /> Free report<br /> DVD video or digital equivalent<br /> CD-Rom or digital equivalent<br /> Voucher or digital equivalent<br /> Special offer<br /> Free gift<br /> Free consultation<br /> Trial<br />
20. Targeted audiences Your site<br />
22. Make a <br />SQUEEZE PAGE<br />
24. SIDE COLUMN<br />
26. ‘LIGHT BOX’<br />
29. Benefit: Reports<br />
30. Benefit: Auto Unsubscribe<br />
31. RECAP<br />We’ve shown you:<br /><ul><li>Why you need a list
32. How to build a list
33. How to make £££ from your list
34. How to automate your list building</li></li></ul><li>?<br />
35. Take Home Message<br /><ul><li> No list = money left on the table
36. List = Money for your business</li></li></ul><li>Cinnamon Edge<br />Getting YOU More Profits<br />See For Yourself How This Works! Collect YourThree FREE Business Profits Reports:<br />www.BusinessProfitsJumpStart.co.uk<br />www.CinnamonEdge.co.uk<br />