What are the beneﬁts of a handout?
• Handouts mean not puFng every single word
you want to say on a slide.
– If you need notes to talk with, make yourself some
notes! Like, with paper.
• Please, please, please, don’t use complete sentences in
your bullet points. In your talk is good, though.
– Use bullet points sparingly; they do have a place.
» Wasn’t I talking about handouts, here?
• How did I get so far oﬀ track?
• Anyway, please don’t let your slides turn into your script. Use
• Allow yourself ;me to make them!
• Share them online, too.
• Oh yeah, and never use print that’s too small for your audience to read! They
should pay aRen;on to YOU, not your slides.