Learning Outcomes : At the end of the lesson, students should be able to:
1) Recognise and naming the polygons.
2) Determine the number of sides, vertices and diagonals of given polygon.
3) Determine and draw the lines (s) of symmet of shapes.
4) Complete shapes given part of the shades and the lines of symmetry.
Prior knowledge : Students knows the existence of certain object that’s have the shaped same as polygons in their surroundings. Scientific attitude : Being cooperative, thinking rationally and being confident and independent. Noble value : - Appreciating the all objects which we uses it everyday. - Being responsible about this object and it must uses in the right way. KBKK : Predicting, classifying, observing and using image and object to learn. BBM : Courseware of the real world of Polygons Form 1
Introduction to recognize polygons, naming and properties of polygons.
A diagram of polygons.
KBKK/ Noble Values :
- Having critical and
- Appreciating the
contribution of science
1) Students take note about developments of polygons. 2) Students are divided in group and ask to discuss and describe the the relationship between the sides, diagonals and vertices of polygons. 1) Teacher use the computer software to explain to students how to recognize and naming the polygons . 2) Teacher u se the concrete materials such as protractors, rulers, grid papers, geo-boards and computer software to explore the concept of polygons . . 3) Teacher shows a picture basic of polygons. 1 0. 2 Introduction of concept of polygons. Step 1 (25 min) Sources : The video of objects in polygon. KBKK/ Noble Values Observing, Appreciating the contribution of polygons. Students are watching the video that played by teacher. Teacher shows a video the real world of polygons. 10 .1 Introduction of polygons Induction set (2 min) Sources Students activities Teacher activities Content Phase
Sources 1) PPT: - Introduction of symmetry of shapes. - The diagram shapes of symmetry 2) Worksheet (activity 1) KBKK/ Noble Values - Observing, having critical and analytical thinking and being cooperative. 1) Students explore the characteristics symmetry by using mirrors, pattern blocks, folding papers or making inkblot designs. 2) Students explore the importance of symmetry in everyday situations (e.g. pattern on buildings and tiles). 1) Teacher teach students the introduction of concept of symmetry by using power point presentation. 2) Then, teacher shows a picture of symmetry. 3) Teacher describes the characteristics symmetry of polygons by using power point presentations. 10 .3 Introduction of concept of symmetry. Step 2 ( 20 min) Sources 1) PPT - Tutorial Students answer the quizzes. Teacher gives a tutorial for students. Tutorial Closing ( 30 min)
INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER NOOR FARALIZA JAMAK D20051021690 NORHAZWANI SELAMAT D20051021711 NOOR AIDA ABDULLAH D20051021691 NOR MAISARAH WAHAB D20051021699
Recognising polygons a b c d f e Do you know which of them are polygons? Click the next button to view the explanation
A polygon is a two dimensional shape that is enclosed by straight lines on all its sides. Based on the above diagrams, Is a three dimensional shape. Is a two dimensional shape but enclosed by a curve. Is not enclosed by its sides , and are two dimensional shapes that are enclosed by straight lines on all its sides. Therefore, , , and are polygons. f c e b d f d b a
Properties of Polygons Vertex Diagonal Side A polygon is a plane shape whose side are formed from three or more straight lines. A B C D
The table lists all the polygons having up to 8 sides. Click the name of each polygon in the table to see a diagram. 20 8 8 8 OCTAGON 14 7 7 7 HEPTAGON 9 6 6 6 HEXAGON 5 5 5 5 PENTAGON 2 4 4 4 QUADRILATERAL 0 3 3 3 TRIANGLE no. of diagonals no.of vertices no.of angels no. of sides Polygons
SUMMARY POLYGON NAMING POLYGON RECOGNISE POLYGON PROPERTIES OF POLYGON
According to number of side
Example : triangle,
Vertices – points where
two side meet
Diagonal – lines joining
two non-adjacent vertices
The number of sides = the number of vertices
SYMMETRY Determining and drawing the line of symmetry Completing a symmetrical figure
Line of symmetry has parts the match each other perfectly.
To complete a shapes given part of
shape and the line of symmetry.
Polygon- poligon Side - sisi Shape - bentuk Hexagon – heksagon Octagon – oktagon Quadrilateral – sisi empat Triangle – segi tiga Diagonal – pepenjuru Vertex – bucu Fold – lipat Mark – tanda Line of symmetry – garis simetri Symmetry - simetri VOCABULARY
Visit the following websites to learn more about polygons: http://www.mathleague.com/help/geometry/polygon.htm www.math.com/school/subject3/lessons/S3U2L1GL.html www.mcwdn.org/Geometry/Polygons.html www.sparknotes.com/math/geometry1/polygons/section1.html http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Polygon.html http://standards.nctm.org/document/eexamples/chap4/4.2/part2.htm
Back to main menu To back to the previous slide To proceed to the next slide To exit from the programme To know the glossary For additional information from web sites To recognize the icons Instructional designer HELP To view the selected figure