2. Points to remember!Intro-• must include your understanding of collective identity and the relationship to media representation• What two mediums you will use to answer the question (TV AND FILM)• What collective group you will be referring to when answering the question (youth identity)
3. Points to remember• Main body-• Majority of the focus should be on contemporary text (last five years)• Historical text should be referred to in order to get the argument across. (at least one historical text)• Theory/theorists must be included to back up your points!
4. Points to remember!• Conclusion-• Sum up the points you have made e.g if your question is about change in representation then you could sum up via illustrating the level of change that has taken place in certain amount of time.
5. Points to remember!• Conclusion-• Discuss the relationship between media representation and identity- e.g. Effects of representation on young people and the rest of society- again going back to the idea that if the question is about change in representation then you could discuss the change in effects of such representations on young peoples identity!
6. Points to remember• Conclusion-• Future prospect!• How do you think the representation of young people could change over the nest 10 years and what impact may this have on identity?• Think about the impact of social networking on collective identity.
7. Points to remember!• David Buckingham 2007• ‘For a full understanding of identity you need to pay closer attention to the ways in which media and technologies are used in everyday life’• For further info read collective identity article in your revision booklets!