Curtis I. Evans
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Sr. Systems Engineer with experience designing business applications, installing/managing enterprise servers, and
supporting corporate data center environments. Extensive experience with operations support and outage resolution
for applications, networks, databases, and web services.
• Systems administration, programming and design experience with a variety of Linux, UNIX, and Windows platforms.
Hands-on experience supporting production applications, trouble-shooting complex systems, performing root cause
analysis, and providing technical recommendations. Familiarity with VMware, server clustering and other virtualization
technologies. Experience as a technical lead responsible for the performance and productivity of junior-level
administrators, technicians and other IT personnel.
• Project management experience developing work plans, establishing performance baselines, cost analysis and
meeting delivery schedules. Ability to work with cross-functional teams through various stages of design,
development, testing and product implementation.
• Highly adaptable to changing environments and workload prioritization; excellent communication and customer
service skills. Self-starter and team player with an entrepreneurial spirit; Capable of providing leadership, quality
standards and a commitment to excellent service delivery.
• Certified IBM Enterprise Solutions Consultant
Bachelor of Electrical Engineering, Georgia Tech
B.S., Physics, Clark Atlanta University
CIE Systems Atlanta, GA
Business Technology Services Consultant [Jan 2009 – Present]
• IT services and consulting firm providing professional services, data protection solutions, SaaS management and
systems integration support to a variety of small to medium-sized businesses.
• Provide ad-hoc systems installation, configuration services and remote technical support for e-mail, data
backup/restore, business automation software and other technology management duties.
• Advise clients on issues related to technology strategy, implementation costs, and IT solutions evaluations.
• Serve as a technical liaison and point of contact for clients on vendor issues.
McKesson Corporation Alpharetta, GA
Sr. Enterprise Systems Engineer – CONTRACTOR [Jul 2006 – Nov 2006; Dec 2007 – Jan 2009]
• Responsibilities included production system and application availability support, performance tuning, software
installation and patch management (Unix and Linux OS versions, network management utilities, VMware, web
application software, etc.), and problem ticket management duties. Participated in outage review calls and produced
root cause analysis reports for Operations management.
• Performed installations and configurations of virtualization software.
• Supported McKesson business units with server installation, programming and system administration tasks. Provided
2nd-level escalation for the resolution of Unix and Linux OS, application and database problems.
• Worked with application teams to resolve complex system issues with business applications (SAP, high-availability
clusters, virtual zones, J2EE platforms, etc.)
• Served as the primary point of contact for issues related to the enterprise monitoring software tools/utilities.
• Designed, installed and configured monitoring solutions to manage server operating systems, web services, and
business application processes. Server platforms being monitored included Solaris 9,10, Windows and Linux systems.
Curtis I. Evans, pg. 1 of 4
• Deployed monitoring agents to provide real-time management for system memory, disk space utilization, network
security, application processes (e.g., SAP, Java servers, Oracle instances, etc.), and custom log file errors.
• Developed custom Unix/Linux ksh/Perl scripting solutions to supplement the monitoring of complex systems (e.g., HA
cluster nodes, ERP application processes, Apache/Tomcat web servers, etc.) and to deliver notification alarms to
operations support teams.
McNeal Professional Services Kennesaw, GA
Manager, Government Solutions – CONTRACTOR [Jan 2007 – Dec 2007]
• Performed business development support duties for assessing new market opportunities, requirements gathering, and
drafting design proposals for service contracts with state/federal government agencies.
• Developed new revenue targets for data center management services, 3G wireless projects, and IT staffing; advised
senior management on project initiatives, and methodologies for service delivery.
• Worked with service delivery managers to identify resources for proposals; served as point of contact with product
vendors, clients, and government agency representatives. Increased the company’s portfolio of opportunities through
lead generation, building relationships, and conducting site visits with agencies and other Government organizations.
• Provided management support for McNeal’s internal technology infrastructure. Supervised the network administration
team on planning, implementation and system upgrades, server administration, desktop software purchases, and data
storage. Analyzed McNeal’s annual IT budget and provided recommendations for reducing operational costs.
IQ Business Group Duluth, GA
Manager, Information Technology Services - CONTRACTOR [Jun 2005 – Jul 2006]
• Responsible for the security and integrity of the company’s hosted business applications and global technology
infrastructure (i.e., routers/switches, VOIP system, VPN, user access, etc.).
• Worked with senior management on the evaluation and selection of business products and technologies; provided
strategic direction for IT compliance, security and inventory of technology assets, and cost containment for technology
expenditures. Provided management review and budget approval for all technology purchases. Approved all requests
for e-mail accounts, PDAs, corporate network access privileges, storage back-up quotas, etc.
• Conducted a roll-out of the company’s VPN infrastructure which enabled global access to servers for corporate users
(Exchange mail, network file shares, web application servers, SharePoint portal, etc.). Deployed an agent-based
remote administration solution to provide desktop support to users in IQ’s international offices located in the U.S.,
Australia and South Africa. Managed the global IT support team responsible for Help Desk support, E-mail, asset
inventory, remote administration, and data back-up/recovery services for each branch office.
IBM Global Services Atlanta, GA
Principal Systems Engineer – CONTRACTOR [Oct 2001 – Jun 2005]
• Provided UNIX, Linux and Windows systems support for critical business applications (e.g., SAP R/3, WebSphere,
WebLogic, J2EE application servers, network management, etc.). Interacted with clients and project management
personnel to ensure steady state performance of managed resources; conducted triage support (problem
identification, trouble-shooting and root cause analysis) on production servers and business applications.
• Assigned to 24x7, on-call rotation support for hosted data center environment. Responded to high-severity trouble
tickets and emergency pages from NOC Operators to resolve critical outages promptly. Incident management
procedures involved IBM service manager escalation, and weekly outage meetings with customers to present findings
and recommend system changes to prevent repeat occurrences.
• Participated in the change control review process to analyze software updates and system implementation requests.
Ensured that requests were drafted properly, approved by required business units, contained contingency planning,
and executed within scheduled outage windows. Performed routine audits of customer environments to ensure
monitoring solutions functioned properly, and IBM service level agreements and security guidelines were compliant.
InfoCrossing Atlanta, GA (formerly AmQUEST Enterprise Management Services)
Sr. Systems & Storage Management Administrator – CONTRACTOR [Sep 2000 – Jun 2001]
• Managed the deployment of data center and storage management solutions for multiple customer accounts. Provided
support for 140+ Linux and UNIX (AIX, HP-UX, Solaris) servers running mission-critical business applications.
• Provided administration assistance to Operations; managed firewalls, routers/switches, databases, and performance
tuning support for various customer applications.
Curtis I. Evans, pg. 2 of 4
• Performed UNIX software installation, set-up, tuning and network interface configuration. Installed software
application and management products on customer servers, and distributed monitoring agents to desktop devices and
other nodes in customer environments.
• Deployed and managed storage solutions to perform data backups and restores. Provided NAS/SAN storage utility
database and recovery log maintenance, managed disk arrays and tape library storage devices, maintained Tivoli
Storage Manager administration policies and security. Participated in the development and management of disaster
recovery procedures to maintain failover and redundancy capabilities within the hosted data center.
Sprint Remote Operations Center Smyrna, GA
Sr. Systems Specialist – CONTRACTOR [Apr 2000 – Sep 2000]
• Provided design and consulting expertise for the deployment of a full-scale systems and network monitoring solution
for telecommunications applications. Implemented Tivoli monitoring (DM), Remote Control, Inventory and Sun SNMP
management agents to monitor business applications, servers and network devices housed within the various
application tiers. Configured server clusters for fail-over redundancy; configured monitors to deliver critical alerts, and
notify on-call support staff of emergency outages.
• Worked closely with Operations staff to provide 24x7 environment support and on-call duty for resolving critical
functionality and operation issues. Participated in critical outage calls to provide results of trouble-shooting and root
cause analysis. Presented post-outage recommendations to Support Managers to help prevent repeat outages of the
most critical of issues. Provided subject matter expertise to Sales and Customer Care teams by participating in sales/
service calls and responding to any technical needs and/or requests.
Advanced Integrated Solutions Atlanta, GA
Principal Consultant – CONTRACTOR [Nov 1999 – Apr 2000]
• Contracted to AIS for a 6-month assignment serving as acting Manager and technical solutions engineer for two client
implementations. Projects involved installation and system performance support for enterprise solutions providing
network management (IBM Tivoli NetView), event notification (IBM TEC) and trouble-ticket reporting, asset/inventory
data collection and SAN management (IBM DSS Storage).
• Worked directly with client sponsors to ensure project deliverables satisfied all technical requirements, were within
original scope of project guidelines, and completed per AIS contractual agreement.
• Assisted senior management with client presentations, sales calls, candidate screening for full-time employment, and
other training and resource requirements.
ACS Technology Solutions Atlanta, GA (a division of TMP Worldwide)
UNIX Systems Programmer – CONTRACTOR [May 1998 – Nov 1999]
• Provided management duties for web applications, network devices, and UNIX systems across multiple data centers
in the southeast region (Atlanta, Tampa).
• Performed system administration, daily backup/restore, and network management duties for HP9000s, AIX p-Series,
and Sun Enterprise servers. Performed ad-hoc duties for database application management, Perl scripting, security
set-up and policy enforcement for business units short on support staff and administrator resources.
• Deployed a software configuration management (SCM) solution to standardize all application development projects
into a single sign-on, source code management environment using Solaris OS, Linux and Samba file sharing to
• Established policies for programmer check-in/check-out procedures and software release schedules; conducted daily
backup tasks for source trees, and coordinated release management for all application products. Drafted a source
code user’s manual for programmers to reference when conducting source code management tasks.
Ernst & Young, LLP Center for Technology Enablement Atlanta, GA
Senior Consultant [Apr 1997 – May 1998]
• Assigned to E&Y’s Center for Technology Enablement (CTE) consulting group to develop the firm’s Enterprise
Systems Management service line. Worked with Senior Managers to draft proposals and statements of work for new
consulting engagements; conducted systems management technology case studies for prospective clients and cross-
functional organizations; designed application and network management architecture overviews.
Curtis I. Evans, pg. 3 of 4
• Conducted training sessions (i.e., “lunch & learns”) and technical presentations for new hires and clients covering
topics on UNIX, Linux and Windows server administration, OS configuration, database management concepts, and
installing/configuring network services, routers, firewalls, etc.
PriceWaterhouseCoopers, LLC Atlanta, GA
Staff Consultant [Oct 1995 – Mar 1997]
NCR Corporation Columbia, SC
UNIX Programming Analyst [Apr 1993 – Sep 1995]
Curtis I. Evans, pg. 4 of 4