2. IN WHAT WAY DOES YOUR MEDIA PRODUCT USE,DEVELOP OR CHALLENGE FORMS ANDCONVENTIONS OF REAL MEDIA PRODUCTS? My media product faces all of these by being an Expository Documentary which shows the real life challenges people have to face when faced with a disability of some sort. My media product faces these by introducing a documentary explaining the different sides of the life of Jon.
3. INSPIRATION Louis Theroux- I looked and researched the style of Louis Theroux, I liked it because of the way that he was on and off camera for his documentaries but also the subjects of his documentaries themselves Channel 4- I also looked at channel 4 programmes like the undatables and programmes like that to see how it would help with the inspiration for the style of my documentary.
4. HOW MUCH OF MY DOCUMENTARY FOLLOWS ANDUSES CONVENTIONS OF REAL MEDIAPRODUCTIONS? Introduction Interviews Voiceovers Graphics Archive footage Framing
5. INTRODUCTION  The introduction of my Documentary starts off with interviews in order to show what people think of Jon. The introduction ends with the music fading out and changing to a different type of music for the actual Documentary itself which is then shown by the name of the Documentary coming up.  I took the idea of having interviews at the beginning of my Documentary by looking at other A Level Media Studies Documentaries and realised that having interviews at the beginning of the Documentary helps make people interested and know more about the subject of the Documentary. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqzdnSSILUY this shows where I took the idea from.
6. INTERVIEWS Underneath this is an interview shot from a Louis Theroux Documentary, on the right is our opening shot. With the Louis Theroux one we can see the interviewee in the shot but not the interviewer and that’s the same style as mine. In the image below we can see what we call a mid shot where you can see from the waist up so we can see the expressions and the emotions on the face. I used this one for my interview so that people could see what the emotions were and they could relate to the interviewee.
7. VOICEOVERS My voiceover I have decided to add into the introduction in order to be able to introduce what my documentary is trying to put across but also to be the ‘voice of god’. I used it in order to be able to add more interest to my Documentaryhttps://soundcloud.com/saffie57/media-voice-over-1/s-Oat4o With my research I looked at the style of Louis Theroux documentaries and I like the fact that he will do parts of his documentary where he does voice overs as well but he can’t be seen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QppeXpxFyvo
8. FRAMING This is an image from my documentary showing Jon, we have framed it so it’s above his waist in order to capture all of the emotions from his face and see what he is saying, because if it was put at a lower angle we would have captured the wheel chair but not his face. Jon Broad field In this shot to the right is (My Documentary)a shot of Louis, and this showsthat he has the camera alsopositioned above his waist so Louis Therouxwe can see that he is important Of Louis Therouxand we capture the emotions Documentariesfrom his face.
9. TEXT/GRAPHICS There wasn’t any interviews that I could find that had titles over the interviews to introduce the names, but I decided to do it for mine so people know who is being interviewed in my Documentary but also who they are to Jon and what kind of role they play in his life.
10. ARCHIVE FOOTAGE Archive Footage is material that is taken from other movies/films etc. but that can be used in our own Documentaries. These are 3 of the different videos I used for my archive footage to show different comedians who make it in the comedy world, and who inspire Jon to carry on in the comedy world.
11. HOW EFFECTIVE IS THE COMBINATION OF YOURMAIN PRODUCT AND ANCILLARY TEXTS? I created all of the supporting pieces on my own. My ancillary tasks are all linked to my documentary so the audience do not get confused by my choice of ancillary tasks.
12. DOUBLE PAGE SPREAD With my double page spread it links to my Documentary because it has an interview and has photographs of Jon. To create my double page spread I had research from double page spreads that had already been created before hand so I took the same format but adapted it to be my own. I used the colours I intended to have in my poster and in my Documentary in order to make it all match. The name is the only confusion because of the fact that it was changed later on twice because I wasn’t happy with the name. The screen shot is my double page spread.
13. DOCUMENTARY PRESENTATION  This links to my Documentary because it is based on what my Documentary will cover. As it is based on my Documentary the audience will not get confused as to what it is about or what is related to.  My research was based on Louis Theroux Documentaries so I based the style of my documentary on his style so my research was easy to do when I knew the basis of what I wanted on my documentary.  The name of the Documentary has been changed since this was created, which could cause some confusion.
14. POSTER This is linked to my Documentary because it has all the different objects in the photograph that are in my Documentary. This helps viewers because it makes them realise it is all to do with the same subject. My research for this was probably one of the simplest forms of research as I just had to research other channel 4 poster styles, but actually creating the right style of poster was the most difficult bit because it took a few attempts in order to get in absolutely correct. This poster is based on my new name for the Documentary which could confused the audience again. But it has all been explained in my blog.
15. WHAT HAVE I LEARNT FROM AUDIENCE FEEDBACK? What I have learnt from audience feedback is: To make the lighting better in some of the interviews- So this means that I need to next time focus on the lighting when I am setting up the camera. To make sure the sound quality is decent- This means to make sure to either have a microphone that works or to have the camera closer in order to be able to hear the people in the film better.
16. MEDIA TEACHERS FEEDBACK I got feedback from my teachers as to what to improve on. This is what they said to me.What was liked: The interview style as the introduction The music put on at the beginning The voice over The layout of the documentary all togetherWhat could be improved: The lighting was asked to be improved The quality of the filming The noses in the background of shots The movement of the camera in film shots
17. WHAT HAVE I LEARNT FROM MY FEEDBACK? Throughout the feedback I was given I have taken it all into account and adjusted the improvements I had the chance to at the time, and know that the areas I couldn’t I know what I could change if I did it again. Must pay attention to lightingI must pay attention to the lighting of the area I am filming, sothat I save myself having to re-film several times. Must pay attention to noisesI must pay attention to the noises happening around the areawhen I am filming in order to make sure I get the best qualityfilm.
18. HOW DID YOU USE MEDIA TECHNOLOGIES IN THECONSTRUCTION, RESEARCH, PLANNING ANDEVALUATION STAGES? Through out the three different stages of construction, research and planning I have used different types of media. Below is the different types I have used.
19. CONSTRUCTION STAGE FilmingFor the filming I used a digital camera (still images)but also I used a video camera (main filming) VoiceoverFor my voice over I used a recording studiomicrophone as I knew I would get a high quality voiceover EditingFinally to edit my project I used iMovie which wasbased on Macs in order to be able to get the bestquality editing for the project in order to be able to getfull quality.
20. PLANNING STAGE With the planning stage I did brainstorms created research etc. I used Power Point a lot of the time in order to be able to help do planning docs to help with work. Weebly is also something that I used in order to be able to put everything on my blog, and to help keep my planning up to date. Power Point has been really useful in order to help with my planning.
21. RESEARCH STAGE To help be able to actually have the ideas based on an influence of another documentary I used Google which I would then go to YouTube in order to be able to view the documentary videos. Google was helpful when being able to find all the relevant information to help with my research.
22. HOW HAS MY USE OF TECHNOLOGY ADVANCEDFROM FOUNDATION TO ADVANCED? Since my AS studies a lot has changed over the course to do with technology. My use of iMovie has increased- For e.g. the amount of editing and creating I do in iMovie is a lot more than the year before, in order to get better marks and to show I can do it independently. Also my use of the technological equipment i.e. digital cameras, video cameras has increased and my skills with them have improved a lot this year as I am now on my own in a group so it is easier for me to be able to keep an eye on what I am doing and only have myself and the project itself to focus on.
23. SKILL DEVELOPMENT This is my second part I have learnt on from feedback but also from experience from AS. My knowledge has increased in these areas: Camera ShotsI now know how to be able to do better framing when filming, to make sure thelighting is better, also to make sure I use a tripod when recording. TechniquesI now have better editing skills from iMovie and know how to make the best outof my editing. SoundI now know that I must make sure when filming to check the sound around meand to make sure that it is high enough quality in order to be able to work asdecent sound for the footage.
24. MANAGEMENT/PLAN Time ManagementI made sure that I kept to a timed schedule as I was on my own in a group inorder to make sure everything was kept and done to the best of my abilities forall my deadlines that were set. Equipment ManagementLike I learnt in the first year and was reminded this year managing all therelevant equipment needed for filming was kept looked after and kept a log off. StoryboardingYou must ensure to do storyboarding as it is important in order to keep your selfup-to-date as to what you need to do throughout the project. Location ManagementLocation is important you must make sure you choose the right place in order tobe able to get the project just right. And if you are filming somewhere that isn’tyour area, make sure that you have permission.
25.  My blog link: http://www.weebly.com/weebly/userHome.php