3. Lloyds Insurance Building Richard Rogers Partnership London 1978-1986
20. Long-span steel beams and trusses illustrating comparative depths and profile variation (designed for a 15m X 6m floor grid).
21. Commerzbank steel framing. Isometric of floor framing (above left), view of floor framing under construction (above right), elevation of end-tapered steel girders with various openings for services. Note the steel studs on the top flange (above) to create composite action between the slab and girder.
22. Typical floor framing section of Commerzbank. Note the tapered ends of main spanning beams. This resolves conflict with lower flange of outside spandrel beam making the connection easier to make. Exterior wind bracing structure of the atrium glazing set in approximately 2 meters providing a balcony but also allowing connection to full depth of the floor beams
23. Fabricating lightweight steel beams by increasing the depth and removing un-needed steel from the web area of the beam.
24. Metro station in Genoa, Italy by Renzo Piano Building Workshop.