View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
Possible Topic for TOEFL ibt Speaking1. Your favorite pet2. Your dressing style3. What do you do in your free time? (Your most favorite hobby)4. How do you learn English?5. Which sport do you like best?6. Which dish do you like best?7. Your most favorite/important subject8. You future plan9. Your best scholastic achievement10. What kind of music do you like best?11. What do you expect in your parents?12. If you had a wish, what would you wish?13. If you can change one thing in your university, what would you change?14. Your best friend15. The person you like best16. Your unforgettable day17. What is unforgettable in your school life?18. Your idea of a happy life19. A type of book you enjoy reading20. The fruit you like to eat most21. Your favorite TV show22. The movie you like best23. The place you would like to visit24. The strangest dream you have had25. What would you do if you suddenly had a lot of money?26. Your first attempt to gain something27. Your ideal holiday resort28. Your ambition29. Your most influential person/teacher, and explain why you feel this person is apositive rolemodel.30. Where will you be professionally in ten/15/20 years time?31. What quality do you like best in a friend?32. What do you treasure most in life?33. What are the qualities of a good citizen?34. Your favorite time of the year?35. Your favorite color?36. What are the qualities of a good teacher?37. What are the qualities of a good student?
38. What are the qualities of a good parent?40. If you could change one thing in your country, what would you change?41. the most inspiring person to you42. Describe a job that you’ve had, and explain why it was important.43. Describe a person you admire and explain why you admire him or her.44. If you could have any job in the world, which job would you choose?45. Describe a book that you have read and explain why it was important to you.46. Describe a house that you live in47. If you had an entire month to do whatever you would like to do, what would itbe? Include detailsand example to support your selection48. What are the characteristics of a good neighbor?49. Which person has helped you the most to get where you are today, and how hashe or she helpedyou?50. What does your dream house look like?51. What person who is alive today would you most like to meet?52. Why are you preparing for the TOEFL test?53. At what age should a person be allowed to drive?54. What is the best excuse to give your teacher when you have not done yourhomework?55. What is your favorite day of the year?56. What change would you like the government to make?57. Do you think children should always obey their parents, or are there timeswhen it is not necessaryfor children to obey?58. Do you make decisions quickly or do take your time making them?59. It is better to learn about the news from newspapers or from television?60. Do you think it is better to get up early in the morning or sleep until later?61. Would you prefer to go to a big party or a small gathering with friends?62. Would you prefer to write a paper by yourself or with a group?63. Do you think it is better to tell the truth and hurt someone’s feelings or tell alittle lie and keepfrom hurting the person?64. Some college students choose to take courses in a variety of subject areas inorder to get a broadeducation. Others choose to focus on a single subject area in order to have deeperunderstanding ofthat area. Which approach to the course selection do you think is better for studentsand why?
65. Do you like to try new food or eat the same kind of food?66. Do you prefer to be in a large or a small class?67. Would you prefer to go to dinner or stay home and cook a meal?68. Do you think it is better to marry before the age of 30?69. Do you prefer to take an essay exam or multiple choice exams?70. Would you prefer to take a trip by plane or train?71. Would you like to live in a big city or a small town?72. Do you think it is better to study alone or study with friends?73. Do you prefer to play sports or watch sports?74. Would you prefer to go to the opera or to a football game?75. Would you prefer to take the TOEFL test or a math test?76. If your teacher makes a mistake, is it better to correct the teacher or ignore themistake?77. Is it better to take choices in life or play it safe?78. Is it better to have a career that pays a lot of money but keeps you away fromyour family, or acareer that does not pay you much but allows you to spend time with your family?79. Describe your national flag or national anthem?1. Choose a place you go to often that is important to you &explain why it isimplies include specificdetails in your explanation?2. Some college students choose to take courses in a variety of subject areas inorder to get a broadeducation. Others choose to focus on a single subject area in order to have a deeperunderstanding ofthat area. Which approach to course selection do you think is better for studentsand you?3. Choose a teacher you admire and explain? Please include specific examples anddetails?4. Some students study for classes individually others study in groups whichmethod of studying isbetter doing think?1. Tell about a book you have read2. Parental control in TV and internet. Your opinion.3. What do you do to relax?4. Attending classes and learning from school is better than getting informationoutside the class. Doyou agree or disagree5. the most challenging experience in your life?6. Important event in your childhood
7. Do you agree or disagree "we can learn about a new city by visiting its historicalplace & landmark"8. essay- class mates / parents have more influence on a childs success ineducation. Your opinion.9. What kind of movies do you like? (Action, comedy etc)10. Physical activity should be required in school? (Agree/disagree?)11. Where is the best place to meet and have fun with your friends?12. Eating out and eating at home, which do you prefer?13. What is the most memorable challenge you faced and how did you over comethat challenge?14. Do you prefer classes that are useful in school or useful for your career?15. What are the characteristics of good parents?16. Which do you prefer, work on your assignments alone, or in groups.17. Tell me about an interesting career or a job you want.18. Do you prefer long vacation or short vacation?19. Are games necessary in schools?20. What subject/class that you took in high school paid you back?21. Describe a social/political event that people celebrate in your country?22. Government should spend money towards arts and art classes.Do you agree/disagree?23. What is your favorite place in your city?24. You have extra amount of money. Would you save it or spend it?25. An important accomplishment in your life? Why was it important how did youachieve it? Whatwas the result?26. Students should attend full time course or part time?Which one do you agree with and why?27. Aerobic exercises, how they are helpful.28. Essay -In which company would you like to work, bigger or smaller? Why?29. What are the Characteristics of a good friend?30. Do you prefer to spend your free time on indoor activities or outdoor activities?31. What was your most exciting childhood event?32. Is it important to visit any citys historic sites to know about the city?33. What is the most popular activity or sports in your country?34. What do you prefer, getting information from the internet or from publishedmaterials?35. Who had the most influence in your life?36. Do you prefer to be a leader of a group or be part of a group?37. What is the most challenging thing that you have faced in your life?
38. Some go to college for improve knowledge. Other will go for job opportunitiesin their future life.What is your opinion?39. If you could live anywhere, where would you live?40. In your opinion, who might be a good model for the youth today?41. A special opportunity in your life42. Agree or disagree that students should not have cells phones in class1. The day which you enjoy and celebrate well..2. Do you prefer taking classes during the day and work in the evening’s weekendsor taking classes inthe evenings and work during the day times?3. Should we put animals into zoo or return them to natural environment.4. What trip you like to take in future? Give examples and explain?5. Do you like to take off before joining university classes?6. Which kind of meal would your serve to foreign visitor?7. What was the most joyful place in your childhood that affects you?8. Students should attend full time course or part time? Which one do you agreewith and why?9. If you had to live in a deserted island, things you would bring with you.10. If you have chance to learn one new thing, what will you learn?11. Tell a person you admire? What are the qualities of that person you admire?12. Do you agree or disagree “all students should be provided opportunities forcollege & universitystudies".13. What do you miss most when away from home?14. Online and on campus study, what is better?15. Studying abroad is good or bad?16. All human inventions are good for mankind?17. What object is important for us? Why?18. Is it better to judge any person with first look or long term? Relation ship isrequired to know thatperson. Agree or disagree?19. What are you good at? (Sports, studying etc.)20. Do you plan everything for your free time or dont plan anything. What do youprefer?21. What food will you offer your guests who came to your home?22. the most efficient transportation system in your country23. Is music education necessary?24. People think childhood is very great...do you think it’s great and why?25. Talk about a gift you received
26. is our lives easier than our grandparents, discuss with examples?27. Famous person and why28. Student is living in a dormitory and her roommates are having a party. She is todecide whether tostay in another friends apartment where she can study better or just stay in thedormitory.29. Among telephone, vehicle, computer, which one do you think most useful inyour life?30. Do you agree or disagree the statement "We learn important things inclassroom?"31. Observing or studying animals can teach about human nature? Do you agree ordisagree?32. The situation for what you have asked someone for help. Who helped you?How?33. Which jobs are important those which give you satisfaction or give you moremoney? Why andgive example.34. Animals learn more from observation than training by getting reward andpunishment. Example ofoctopus.35. Student problem for performing a concert in a singing group. His friend is notin the town on theday of performance that is also participant36. Which place you want to see in the world and why?37. Do you agree that arranged marriage is the best?38. There have been many inventions in technology in the 20th century. Mentionone invention whichis most important for you. Give examples and details.39. College education is necessary for a successful career. Do you agree ordisagree?40. What quality or feature of a restaurant you need when you choose a restaurant41. There are old building and new buildings in a city. According to yourexperience, which one youprefer to keep. Explain?42. Do you agree or disagree that the fee should be added on the drivers who drivethe car on the busystreets in the heavy traffic time.43. Reading novel, magazines or poetry or science fiction, which one do youprefer?44. Living with roommate or alone -which one do you prefer.
45. What is your favorite time of the year, what happens and why?46. agree/disagree Best way to live for everybody is to relax and live an unhurriedlife.47. Does learning to play a music instrument help a student’s development?48. Which is the most preferred mode of transport in your country and why?49. Talk about a work of art (poem, song, etc) that left a lasting impression on you.Explain why?50. Some people think that once they start a new book, they should finish it, othersdon’t feel that way.What is your opinion?51. describe a memorable even that you had attended and explain why it ismemorable to you.52. Some people prefer to communicate with their friends and family through e-mails and letters,others like to communicate via telephone. Which one do you prefer and why53. Best way for students to relax after hard work54. When people get unexpected money, some buy practical things, others spend iton vacation. Whatdo you prefer?55. If you can get any job, what would it be?56. What r the characteristics of a leader?57. Some teachers encourage competitions among their students. Other helpstudents learn how tocollaborate and study in groups.Wchich approach do you think is better forlearning do you think so?58. Some people cope with stress by exercising. Others talk with family or friends.How do youhandle stressful situations?59. Describe characteristics that make a person successful?60. Social or political event that is celebrated in your country. What new skillwould you like to learn?Explain why this skill would be good for you to have. Include details and examplesin yourexplanation.2. What was your favorite toy when you were a child? Describe this toy andexplain why it wasimportant to you. Include details and examples in your explanation.3. What famous person would you like to visit for one hour? Explain why youwould like to meet this
person and what you would talk about. Include details and examples in yourexplanation.4. Describe a place where you go for rest and relaxation. Explain why it is a goodplace for you torelax. Include details and examples in your explanation.5. What event in your life made you very happy? Explain what happened to you,and why you felt sohappy. Include details and examples in your explanation.6. Describe an object that is very special in your life. Explain why this object isimportant to you.Include details and examples in your explanation.7. What important lesson have you learned from a family member? Explain thesignificance of thislesson in your life. Include details and examples in your explanation.8. Sometimes students have to write papers. Sometimes they have to give oralpresentations. Whichactivity do you think is better for students? And you? Include details and examplesin yourexplanation.9. Some people eat their main meal of the day around noon. Others have their mainmeal in theevening. What time do you think is better, and why? Include details and examplesin our explanation.10. Some people take one long vacation each year. Others take several shortvacations. Which do youprefer, why? Include details and examples in your explanation.11. Some people like going to large parties where there r many people they don’tknow. Other peopleprefer small parties with a few close friends. Which type of party do you refer,why? Include detailsand examplesIn your explanation.12. Some high schools require students to wear uniforms. Others allow students towear clothing oftheir own choice. Which situations do you think is better, why? Include details andexamples in yourexplanation.13. Some people like going to concerts to hear music played live. Others preferlistening to recorded
music. Which musical experience do you think is better, why? Include details andexamples in yourexplanation.14. Some people get up early in the morning and go to bed early at night. Othersget up late in themorning and stay up until late at night.Which do you think is better, why? Include details and examples in yourexplanation.15. How do you like to spend your leisure time? Choose a leisure activity andexplain why you like todo it. Include details and examples in your explanation.16. Some students like to take classes early in the morning. Others prefer havingclasses later in theday. Which time of day is better for you and why? Include details and examples inyour explanation.17. What type of animal would you like to have, either as a pet or for some otherreason? Choose ananimal and explain why you would like to own this type of animal. Include detailsand examples inyour explanation.18. Some people plan every detail of their vacation in advance. Others prefer toleave most detailsflexible or open to chance. Which do you think is better, why? Include details andexamples in yourexplanation.19. What place or landmark in your country do you recommend that other peoplevisit? Explain whyyou think people should go there? Include details and examples in yourexplanation.20. Some people like to eat most of their meals with other people. Others prefereating most of theirmeals alone. Which do you prefer and why? Include details and examples in yourexplanation.21. Describe a place that you consider to be beautiful. Explain you certain qualitiesof this place makeit beautiful. Include details and examples to support your explanation.22. Some people relax by staying home. Others relax by going out. Which type ofrelaxation is betterfor you, why? Include details and examples in your explanation.
23. Describe an occasion when you were surprised. What happened to you, andwhy did you feelsurprised? Include details and examples in your explanation.24. Some students prepare for tests by studying alone. Others prepare for tests bystudying with otherstudents or a tutor. Which study method do you think is better, why? Includedetails and examples inyour explanation.25. What type of home would you like to live in? Describe the characteristics ofsuch a home, andexplain why you would like to live there. Include details and examples in yourexplanation.26. Some people exercise early in the morning. Others exercise in the afternoon orevening. Whichtime of day do you think is better for exercising and why? Include details andexamples in yourexplanation.27. What is the most interesting class you have ever taken? Explain the aspects ofthe class that madeit interesting. Include details and examples in your explanation.28. Some people like to read classic works or literature. Others prefer watchingfilm versions of thesame stories. Which do you prefer, why? Include details and examples in yourexplanation.29. Describe a city or town where you have lived in. Explain why this place iseither a good place ornot a good place to live. Include details and examples in your explanation.30. Some students take one long examination at the end of a course. Others haveseveral shorter teststhroughout the course. Which situation do you think is better for students, why?Include details andexamples in your explanation.31. Describe your idea of the perfect job. Explain why this job would be appealingto you. Includedetails and examples in your explanation.32. Some people like taking their vacation in a city. Others prefer spending theirvacation in thecountryside. Which do you prefer, why? Include details and examples in yourexplanation.
33. What game do you enjoy playing? Describe the game and explain why you liketo play it. Includedetails and examples in your explanation.34. Some people drive their own car to school or work. Others ride a bus, train orother form of publictransportation. Which do you think is better, y.Include details and examples in yourexplanation.35. Describe a person who has influenced you in an important way. Explain y thisperson has had aneffect on your life. Include details and examples in your explanation.36. Describe an event such as a holiday or other occasion that you enjoycelebrating. Explain why theevent is significant to you. Include details and examples in your explanation.37. Some people keep in touch with family and friends by letter or e-mail. Otherskeep in touch bytelephone. Which method do you prefer to use, Include details and examples inyour explanation?38. What foreign country would you like to visit? Choose a country and explainwhy you would liketo go there? Include details and examples in your explanation.39. In some schools, teachers decide what classes students must take. Otherschools allow students toselect their own classes. Which system do you think is better, why? Include detailsand examples inour explanation.40. Describe the qualities of a good teacher and explain why these qualities reffective. Include detailsand examples in your explanation.41. What is your favorite style of dress? Describe this clothing style and explainwhy it appeals to you.Include details and examples in your explanation.42. Some students learn better by reading. Others learn more from listening to ateacher. Which wayof learning is better for you, why? Include details and examples in yourexplanation.43. What is your favorite place to study? Describe it and explain why you likestudying there. Includedetails and examples in your explanation.44. Some people like humorous stories that make them laugh. Others prefer storiesthat are more
serious and make them think. Which type of story do you prefer, why? Includedetails and examples inyour explanation.45. What is your most valuable possession? Describe it and explain why it isimportant to you. Includedetails and examples in your explanation.46. Some universities focus on having excellent libraries, laboratories and otherfacilities. Othersfocus on hiring the most successful and qualified professors. Which system do youthink benefitsstudents more, and why? Include details and examples in your explanation.47. Describe an object, plant or animal that represents your native country andexplain its significance.Include details and examples in your explanation.48. Some universities r very large and have several thousand students. Others aresmall and have onlya few thousand students. Which size of university do you think is better forstudents, why? Includedetails and examples in your explanation.49. What is your idea of the perfect vacation? Describe it and explain why? Itwould be the idealvacation for u.Include details and examples in your explanation.50. Some students attend lecture classes in which only the teacher speaks. Otherstudents havediscussion classes in which everyone speaks. Which type of class do you think isbetter for students,and why? Include details and examples in your explanation.51. Explain how birthday’s r celebrated in your country. Use specific examples anddetails in yourexplanation.52. Some students would rather write a paper than take a test. Other students wouldrather take a testinstead of writing a paper. Which opinion do you prefer, why? Use specific reasonsand examples tosupport your opinion.53. Describe an ideal marriage partner. What qualities do you think r mostimportant for a husband orwife? Use specific reasons and details to explain your choice.54. Some people like to watch the news on television. Other people prefer to readthe news in a
newspaper. Still others use their computers to get the news. How do you prefer tobe informed aboutthe news, why? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.55. Where would you like to study in the United States?56. Some students live in dormitories on campus. Other students live in apartmentsoff campus. Whichliving situation do you think is better, why?57. If you were asked to choose one movie that has influenced your thinking,which one would youchoose? Why? What was especially impressive about the movie? Use specificreasons and details toexplain your choice.58. Some students think that teachers should be evaluated by the performance oftheir students onstandardized tests at the end of the term. Other people maintain that teachersshould be judged by theirown performance in the classroom, and not by the scores that their studentsachieve on tests. Whichapproach do you think is better, why? Use specific reasons and examples tosupport your opinion.59. A possession is an object which you own. If you were asked to choose onepossession that youprize highly, which one would you choose, why? What makes this possessionespecially valuable toyou? Use specific reasons and details to explain your choice.60. Some people enjoy living in alocation that has a warm climate all year. Other people like to live in a place wherethe seasonschange. Which type of climate do you prefer, why? Use specific reasons andexamplesTo support your opinion.