The ApproachExperience Design aims at bridging thegap between customer goals andbusiness objectives. I just want I want a to makegood deal money Customer Business
Our Vision How we get there We strive to create a useful, memorable & valuable customer experience through basing our designs on real people with real needs, frustrations and desires. We keep it real - involving customers and business stakeholders throughout the entire process.
1. Business Research We need to reduce calls to theWhy? Call Centre It’s paramount to understand what the business wants to achieve and how we are creating value for the business We want to It helps us identify our target audience Increase origination It enables us to identify any constraints We can only do so much with the technology we haveHow? 1 on 1 Stakeholder interviews Stakeholder focus groups Design thinking & innovation workshops
2. Customer ResearchWhy? I just want to It helps us understand what our make sure my family is looked customers really think, feel, do and after want, & what motivates them It enables us to see how we can I’m sick of create customer value at the same working for time as achieve business goals idiots… OMG yesterday I broke a nail and I nearly cried!How? Co-design Contextual Inquiry Interviews & surveys Focus groups Cognitive walkthroughs
3. Experience StrategyHow do customer and business goals align? Customer Goals Access Discover Learn Manage Business Goals Expose Educate Guide GrowThis strategy becomes the incontrovertible truth we design to
4. PersonasWhat is it? A representation of a real life customer Represents the goals, behaviours, skills, attitudes and environment of a real group of customers Based on customer research Guides the design process so that we remain true to customer needsHow? Use affinity diagramming to map customer verbatims from research sessions into personas Determine the number of personas needed Personalise & prioritise
5. User journeysWhat is it? Explores a user’s thought processes, emotional states, behavioral patterns & paths Validates if our customer needs match our business needsHow? Starts with a persona’s primary need or goal that can be broken down into smaller needs to be met along to way Set the scene – put the persona in a real world time based scenario. Stand in their shoes. Role play Ends after the primary goal is met through a sequence of interactions with the service (across any number of touchpoints)
6. Design thinkingNow we know our customer and business goals, we undertakerapid low fidelity concept prototyping to see how we mightmeet those goals…We involve customers and stakeholders in co-design sessionsand innovation workshops…
7. PrototypesWhat is it? It is the physical artifact that the user will interact with It could be anything from a cardboard product prototype to a clickable wireframeHow? The prototype arises from concept sketches We try and involve the customer and business in creating the prototype
8. TestingWhy? Evaluate our designs with real people Iterative testing allows us to Test Design constantly improve the designHow? Create a screener to define our participants’ characteristics which should be close to our Personas’ Write the test script (or test objectives) Test artifacts can be anything from hi-fi design to low-fi paper prototypes
9. Visual designNow we have prototyped and tested theexperience, it’s time to apply the paint.Why? Visual design and aesthetics affect confidence and comfort with a product. The visual design allows us to represent the BrandHow? We create a contemporary visual style that adheres to the Brand and appeals to customers We define and apply design principles We develop a visual language that we translate into a Style Guide.
10. Content strategyYou probably know that content is king, or queen, or somesort of royalty.No matter how good the design is, if the content sucks, theexperience diesWhat is it? A content strategy plans for the creation, delivery and governance of useful usable content.How? Conduct a content audit Define key messages, voice / tone Figure out the where, what and how we communicate Create a content plan and a governance model
11. AccessibilityWe need to make sure our designsolutions are accessible to peoplewith disabilities including thosewho are: visually impaired, older, restricted by motor disabilities, speech impaired, living with cognitive and neurological disabilities