11. The Drainage Basin The area drained by a river and its tributaries River River source Tributary River mouth Drainage basin Watershed
12. Drainage Basin
14. River source <ul><li>Where do you think the water in the river comes from? </li></ul>
15. Main River
16. Confluence The point where the tributary join the main river.
17. Watershed & Drainage basin
18. Watershed & Drainage basin
25. How waterfall is formed? <ul><li>A waterfall usually forms when a river flows over hard and soft rocks. </li></ul><ul><li>The soft rock is eroded more quickly. </li></ul><ul><li>A ledge is formed over which water falls. </li></ul><ul><li>The force of the water is so great that it cuts a depression or plunge pool at the bottom. </li></ul>
26. Meander & oxbow lake
31. Features formed by rivers
33. River mouth & Delta
34. The sediments will be deposit at the river mouth which form a form a delta overtime.