Production schedule for your music video
Create a music video for either “Couch Surfer” (2:53 min, with lyrics) or
“Pumpkin Honey Bunny” (2:30 min, without lyrics).
Steps for Tuesday:
1. Choose a song. Assign a director/choreographer and a cameraman/-
woman. The rest of the group will be required to contribute their ideas
and serve as performers. (5 min)
2. Create a simple plot or aesthetic for your music video and decide on
the role of each performer. (10 min)
3. Analyse the compositional structure of your piece of music and
storyboard your music video according to the structure you found. (20
You will not be able to edit your music video - it has to be shot in
accurate time and order.
You are required to integrate one or more short dance routines as a
reoccurring visual theme into your music video.
4. Choreograph one or more short dance routines which you can
integrate as a reoccurring theme throughout your video. (20 min)
5. Find locations on campus on which you decided to film your music
video and rehearse your visual ideas and your dance routines. (20 min)
You have access to a portable music player and a CD of your piece
of music in order to rehearse on location.
6. Discuss anything that needs to be arranged for Thursday: e.g.
costumes (10 min)
Steps for Thursday:
1. Meet your team at the studio and pick up your equipment. (5 min)
2. Rehearse your scenes in order: rehearse your dance routines and your
camera moves/angles. (35 min)
3. Film your scenes in order. (35 min)
4. Present your music video: You are responsible for a) setting up a
projector, b) connecting your camera and playing your footage through
your camera and c) setting up the studio loudspeakers to play your
piece of music. (30 min)
5. Enjoy “Peepboardpleasure” life. (15 min)