• Find out WHEN to Post:
• What is the most effective day of the week to post content?
(weekends? Mornings?-what seems to work for you?)
• How Often?
• How often to update? (daily, 1xweek)?
• Post 1 or 2 posts /day is plenty
• Find out WHAT to Post :
– Post content that is Relevant; Interesting & Acceptable
– Always respond to comments
– Give tips advice that is useful to your customers (giving back)
• Increase Engagement by using:
– Links; Photos & Videos
• Facebook Ads
– Work if you have something valuable to offer
– Landing page is important (call for action)
– Share your Facebook URL from webpage
– Integrate your Facebook with your
14 ways to boost visibility &
inspire viral sharing on Facebook
Facebook Page Insights
• Analytics: gives metrics about user engagement.
• Accessible from Admin panel on the FB Page
Remember need > 30Likes
Facebook Help Pages
• Facebook has created a Help Center which is
designed to answer FAQs and give a step-by-
step guide on how to build a business FB Page.
Think of twitter as the sms of internet!
Only 140 characters!
Twitter- CNN reporter Richard Quest
Great for searching content!
When Twitting Remember to:
• Be Approachable (be you)
• Be Helpful
• Link twitter with facebook & blog
• Get mobile reply on real time
• Promote it everywhere
“I've joined Twitter (follow me @cosine)”
• Stay active on a subject
Estimated Registered Users: 190 Million (Setp 2012)
• Virtual Trade Show 24/7
– Your CV on the internet
– Business Growth Tool!
Claim Your Name:
Public Profile URL
Set-up your Profile
• Upload PowerPoint, OpenOffice & Keynote files
• Uploads PDFs, MSOffice, iWorks docs
• Share publicly with millions of viewers
• Share privately with colleagues and clients
• Download presentations
• Reuse/Remix ideas or assets for research or business
• Find people with interesting content and grow your
Before moving forward decide why you want to
use social media
What is your plan?
–Build Better relationships?
–Raise awareness about your cause?
–Increase website traffic?
–Build up your base?
–Inspire people to action?
1 sentence “the
1 sentence say
on the elevator”
•No more than 5
How to do it