• Resveratrol is a natural compound found in several plant species• Resveratrol is produced by plants to assist when under attack by pathogens such as bacteria or fungi, or UV light.• Science has shown Resveratrol to possess a fascinating spectrum of pharmacologic properties enabling it to assist greatly with human health and beauty
• Resveratrol was first discovered in red wine• You would need to drink around 1,000 bottles of red wine a day to get enough Resveratrol to be of benefit• Red wine contains only between 0.2 and 5.8 mg/l of Resveratrol** Gu X, Creasy L, Kester A, Zeece M (August 1999). “Capillary electrophoretic determination or resveratrol inwines”. J. Agric. Food Chem.
• The fruit of the Mulberry, especially the skin, has been found to be one of the most potent sources of Resveratrol** Stewart JR, Artime MC, O’Brian CA (July 2003). “Resveratrol: a candidate nutritional substancefor prostate cancer prevention”. J. Nutr. 133
Scientific Studies have proven Resveratrol to be beneficial for the following human health conditions:* • Tumours • Dementia • Inflammation • Chemotherapy • Cancer • Asthma • Heart disease • Radiation • Diabetes • Skin repair • Energy levels • Melanomas • Alzheimers * http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/Studies have also shown resveratrol to bepharmacologically quite safe for humans.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15517885
• Resveratrol has proven beneficial effects on skin health verified by scientific studies.*• The advantage of dietary delivery is that blood delivers nutraceutical bioactive compounds continuously to all skin compartments, ie, the epidermis, dermis, and subcutaneous fat.* *http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23071399
• Resveratrol supplementation has been shown to support skin health and appearance in the following five ways:1. Antioxidant Evaluation2. Skin Moisturisation3. Skin Elasticity4. Skin Surface5. Brown Spot Intensity.* *http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23071399 & http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3469214/
1. Antioxidant EvaluationA. Oxidative stress on the skin reduced to normal after 60 days compared to placebo• Reactive Oxygen Metabolites TestB. Antioxidant capacity of the skin was significantly higher after 60 days compared to placebo• Oxyadsorbent test
2. Skin Antioxidant Capacity The antioxidant power of the skin improved in the treated group after 60 days of treatment, and levels of skin antioxidants were significantly higher than in the placebo group• Skin Antioxidant Capacity FRAP Test
3. Skin Antiageing EffectA. Skin moisturisation improved, with dry skin achieving a moisturised condition, while placebo subjects did not show change.• Skin moisturisation (corneometric units).B. Skin elasticity improved in the treated group, but deteriorated slightly but significantly in the placebo group.• Skin elasticity (R2 parameter)
4. Skin Surface & Wrinkles Skin roughness diminished significantly in the treated group, as did wrinkle depth. These parameters were significantly worse in the placebo group.• Skin surface (μm), both as a function of time in days (dd).
5. Intensity of Brown Spots The intensity of age spots in the treated group diminished significantly and to a significantly greater extent than in the placebo group• Intensity of brown spot: ITA° - grades (°) as a function of time in days (dd).
• Another study found that Resveratrol reduced acne by about 54% after only 30 days (according to a Global Acne Grading System (GAGS).* * published in the American Journal of Clinical Dermatology in 2011• Another study showed the more Resveratrol you take (dose related increase), the greater the increase in skin cell growth and decrease in the breaking down of collagen. (2010 Jun;62(3):195-201. [Efficacy study in vitro: assessment of the properties of resveratrol on proliferation and inhibition of collagen activity]. Farcoderm srl, San Martino Siccomario, Pavia, Italy.) * published in the American Journal of Clinical Dermatology in 2011
• During and after menopause, the skin shows clearly how the lack of estrogen affects tissues• Menopause can in fact be considered a "multisystemic" disorder of connective tissue.• The low menopausal estrogen levels combined with age-related skin changes, accelerates skin ageing affecting both the epidermis and dermis
• Fibroblasts become fewer and they produce 30% less collagen, reflecting its metabolic decline.• Hormone replacement can help prevent the postmenopausal loss of collagen• Resveratrol is recommended as it is proven to have a beneficial effect on collagen synthesis and to inhibit collagenase activity (deterioration of collagen), with a reassuring safety profile.* *(2010 Jun;62(3):195-201. [Efficacy study in vitro: assessment of the properties of resveratrol on proliferation and inhibition of collagen activity]. Farcoderm srl, San Martino Siccomario, Pavia, Italy.)
A HEALTHIER, BETTER YOU Reserve is rich in Resveratrol – a potent antioxidant from nature with resveratrol Reserve is a delicious, unique, natural food blend rich in antioxidants Reserve is made from mulberry, green tea, acai, aloe vera, pomegranate and grape – all high in antioxidants Reserve provides a nutritional boost for your immune system Reserve helps keep the signs of ageing away
SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN FORMULA Jeunesse’s Reserve has been scientifically proven for efficacy A CAP‐e test determines if antioxidants are capable of entering into and protecting live cells from oxidative damage. CAP-e test results prove that with Réserve™ there is extremely significant biological antioxidant penetration and protection by the product. Reserve is extremely effective at penetrating and protecting live cells from oxidative damage.