a complete guide for talent management
transition in AIESEC Indonesia
what is the ideal VPTM for
• build trust through business acumen and results
• interpersonal/ communication skills
• strategic mind/ high organisational knowledge
• high self awareness
• committed to driving learning and development, talent
management and human resources forward.
• leading by example - challenging and purposeful
experiences, living the values of AIESEC
• Coaching skills/ Mentoring skills
• Creates/ Facilitates a meaningful work environment
Credible Change Maker
• understands the relevance of TM in a strategic context
• team player
• represents the AIESEC values, understands and can
communicate the AIESEC way through words and
• able to keep EB responsible for delivering challenging
and purposeful ELD experiences through
demonstrating integrating and leading by example.
Vice President Talent
• strong understanding of external trends and HR
practices and how they can result in high impact on
• able to link HR processes to driving exchange and
leadership within AIESEC
• connects processes to operational achievement
• Can assess key talent and create standards for local talent
• Optimises talent through planning and analytics
• Can initiate and drive change individually (to people),
institutionally (for AIESEC) and initiatively (making things happen)
• aligning strategy, people, culture, practices and behaviour
• Developing talent
• Strong understanding of tmp-tlp principles
• driving key behaviours and mindsets for AIESEC
Indonesia within the TMP/TLP programs
• constantly assesses the quality of the TMP/TLP
programs to use as a compass for future actions.
Clarity of TM, Team Member Program, Team
Leader Program, TM synergy with GIP, TM
Synergy with GCDP, Processes of TM,
Learning and Development, Other Models of
TM (GCM, LEAD, GLE, Inner and Outer
Journey), Talent Management the specifics
(Mentoring, SDP, LCMs), Representing
yourself at LCVPTM, LEAD Sensing and
Implementation, Recruitment, Induction,
Transition, Performance Assessment and
much much more…
what is the knowledge
needed to transition?
Clarity of TM
1. Elect understands the role of Talent Management in the Local
2. Elect understands their role for the upcoming year and has a clearer
picture of their daily and weekly activities.
3. Elect understands Talent Capacity Model
4. Elect understands the KPIs and MOS that will reflect their results.
5. Elect understands how Talent Management contributes to exchange
and hr/ Global
1. Send the definitive Guide to talent management and the Talent capacity wiki to your elect
and ask them to read it before your meeting.
2. Use diagrams and the learning through discussion rather than off PPT
3. Allow them flexibility to create their own JD and then add to it.
4. Ensure you spend longer explaining the purpose of AIESEC, if you want to make it more
interesting. Explore the AIESEC Way in-depth, taking into consideration the meaning of
make a basic
Review of Current Term
1. Elect understands history of Talent Management the Local Committee,
AIESEC Indonesia and AIESEC globally. With particular focus on the current
term and LC.
2. Current has meaningful sharing about the successes and failures of the
3. Elect and Current review the current term's HR plan
4. Elect and Current have casual discussion about the direction of the
portfolio for the next term.
1. Prepare before the transition chat about the key points you want to share, otherwise you
may get distracted or forget to mention specific points
2. Prepare your HR Plan
3. Don’t be afraid to tell your successor what you think the focus for next year should be,
encourage them to think for themselves.
for TMP +
add to hr
Team Member Program
1. Elect understands the TMP Principles and Minimum
2. Elect understands how TM manages the Team Member
3. Understand what are team minimums for the quality of
1. It’s important for the elect to treat the minimum quality promises, principles and team
standards as a necessary thing from the beginning of the term. these are not optional.
2. Ensure that you are using national tools for tracking the MQP, team principles and team
3. Ensure you communicate how just like an exchanger, VPTMs are responsible for RA-MA-RE
of the TMP. (Inclue my@.net and s&d information)
for TLP + add
to hr plan
Team Leader Program
1. Elect understands the TLP Principles and Minimum Promises
2. Elect understands how TM manages the Team Leader
3. Elect understands the TLP quality measurement and
4. Elects knows how to work with TLPs
1. Briefly touch on LEAD as a program to develop leadership qualities in your LC but leave
the majority of it for the other session.
2. Talk about your main collaborations / struggles with TLPs especially with Talent Review/
3. Ensure you communicate the mindset change that needs to happen with TLPs ‘TLPs are
not just managers focused on operations but also need to perform their role as leaders’
make hr and
TM and GCDP
1. Ensure elect understands the output and learning points of this years major GCDP
2. Elect understands Current GCDP and TM Plans and how they worked together.
3. Elect has the opportunity to have preliminary discussions to analyse Elect GCDP
Plans/Timeline and create support planning.
4. Understand the concepts of integrated XPs
5. Elect understand EP LEAD and how to support
value of GCDP
how to work
with VP GCDP
(i and o)
1. Emphasis the understanding of GCDP and how there needs to be a mindset change. Back
office cannot be falling behind front office.
2. Review EP and Intern LEAD in detail and make the decision to leave it in TM or GCDP
3. Review recruitment/ talent planning with IXPs in mind
make hr and
TM and GIP
1. Ensure elect understands the output and learning points of this years
major GIP projects
2. Elect understands Current GCDP and TM Plans and how they
3. Elect has the opportunity to have preliminary discussions to analyse
Elect GIP Plans/Timeline and create support planning.
value of gip
1. Ensure that elect understands that supporting GIP takes a lot more effort and should be
the focus for 14-15
2. Go through backward planning for iGIP and TM
3. Ensure TM understands the sales process effectively and the difficulties associated with
to hr plan
Processes of TM
1. Elect understand process flow of Talent Management and can connect each step
to one another
2. Elect and Current participate in managing a Talent Management joint project. This
can include Recruitment, PA or Learning and Development Project. See details under
'Project' Sheet below
3. Elect understands the recruitment process from Talent Planning, Talent Promotion,
Talent Selection, Raise, Match, Talent Induction and Mentoring.
1. Run a joint project like recruitment, PA, L&D project to get the VPTMe used to the role and
learn from a practical experience.
2. Go through each talent process in detail - ensure you discuss the required skills, synergies,
3. Communicate the importance of ‘linking’ the TM processes. That they are not separate but
rather collaborate with each other and impact each other drastically.
Create LEC for a
add L&D to HR
Learning and Development
1. Elect has the output and learning points from the major
learning and development projects implemented this year.
2. Understand the current NEC and how it can be
implemented locally to fit the LC reality.
3. How to align local training to national training
1. Ensure VPTM understands the importance of learning and development
2. Align Operational plans with learning and development perspective, mindset and planning
3. Ensure VPTMe understands the differences between learning, training and development.
4. Introduce VPTM to Open Learning
Other models of TM
1. Elect has the understanding and ability to utilise
and implement the following models: Global
Competency Model, Global Learning Environment,
LEAD and Inner and Outer Journey.
journey in a
1. Review each model in detail.
2. Explain the logic behind everything
3. Try to draw a mind map where all TM models fit together.
4. Ensure VPTM understands that the models needs to be referred to at all times.
TM the specifics
1. Elect understands the Talent Management Projects that happen
locally (TM Summit, Mentoring, SDP)
2. Elect has the materials and project reports of each local
initiative your term ran, in order to re-run the project in their term
review of the
1. Give your VPTMe the space to innovate - don’t ask too many ‘why’. allow them to
brainstorm freely. potentially allow them time before to think (in case they are nervous/
threatened by you)
2. Talk about the more logistical parts of your role - organising local committee meetings etc.
what is the
Representing yourself at VPTM
1. Elect understands their role as a Vice President of Talent Management
and how their brand will impact upon the brand of Talent Management.
Eg. If you are fluffy and/or don't understand the role of Talent
Management - others won't as well
2. Impress the importance of stressing TM's value to the other functions
1. Ensure your VPTM understand what a VPTM need to be in terms of the model seen earlier
in the pdf.
2. Be honest in your sharing.
design a lead
1. Guide Elect through identifying LEAD gaps and LEAD sensing .
2. Recap on understanding the process flow
3. Allow elect to undertake a LEAD project under your supervision.
4. Have conversation with LEAD NST or MCVPTM to take steps to become a LEAD
5. Elect understands the logic behind LEAD
6. How to facilitate the development of different individuals with different working
styles, development areas etc
what is the
1. LEAD Logic, process, timeline
2. What are the gaps for LEAD within my LC
3. Allow lead to naturally connect to the leadership Indonesia needs.
the gaps of
add to HR
1. Understand the Recruitment Processes for the different profiles (EP, TMP, EwA)
2. Understand the significance of selection using Global Competency Model and
ensure elect understands the concept behind recruitment based on 'why'
3. Understand the processes and timeline of selection
4. Understand the difference between backward planning and talent planning
5. Understand the talent marketing profiles and national tools and how to use
1. Understanding the different process within recruitment
2. Align local and national recruitment timeline and procedures
3. What are the benefits to ongoing recruitment
4. Internal vs. external recruitment
5. Align everything to timeline especially for internal recruitment
How to make
add to hr
1. Understand the induction flow
2. How to plan an induction in the LC
3. How to execute induction in the LC
4. Adjust mindset to prefer induction to learning and
1. Understanding the induction process
2. Get the mindset of ‘if you work harder for induction, you can focus learning and
development towards leadership development and strategic learning’
3. Make sure lots of synergy and planning goes in here. Operational induction is not easy.
add tr and
pa to hr plan
Performance Assessment+ Audit
1. Understand the role of performance assessment in
the local and national reality.
2. Understanding the performance appraisal and
talent review process
how to do
1. Understand the difficulties working with TLPs for Talent Review
2. Ensure VPe understands how to interpret Talent Review and how it relates to the other
functions and operations
3. Ensure VP himself/herself understands how to conduct a PA and give feedback/coaching.
add to hr
1. Understand the minimums of a transition process
2. Understand the importance of transition/
induction for each reallocation
3. National Transition Model
1. This is a good opportunity for you to all the elect to rate your transition program and asses
2. Understand minimums for transition process
Building a Culture
1. Elect has an understanding about the culture of Talent Management this year
and the image or branding Talent Management needs to have the following year.
2. How to build a culture?
3. Value-based culture
1. Give VP Elect the freedom to make their own sample culture outline
2. This is opportunity for you to emphasise the AIESEC values and demonstrate how to
create a value-based culture.
3. Link in concepts of team stand and team vision/purpose to the culture of the team/ local
4. Ensure that the VP understands that culture is driven from the LCP/VP
facilitation, feedback, build
trust, communication skills,
strategic mindset, self
mentoring skills, culture
building, data analysis
what is the skills needed
1. I understand how to manage the performance and development
of my team
2. I have the models and tools that allow me to take charge in
managing my team.
3. I understand basic concepts of team development and
you jd as a
1. This is the chance for you to stress to your elect about the importance of being a leader
and a manager. Give the MOS and KPIs required. Share about individual and team legacy
2. Demonstrate the team development model with specific KPIs
3. Ensure the model is clear
4. Share that a model is only the beginning. schedule in the HR plan for the elect to revise
team dev model every month/quarter.
give elect a
1. Elect understands how to run a Local Committee Meeting and
the basics about facilitation and communication
2. Understanding the importance of being a credible change
3. How to run a training
how to build
1. Understand the mindset that yes TM will need to give trainings sometimes, but TM is
responsible for coordinating the training not always running the trainings.
add to hR
1. Elect understands the Situational leadership Model and how to apply it
2. Elect plans for frequent coaching with members
3. Elect knows the importance of it not only for his/her members but for
the local committee
mind map for
team dev and
1. Ensure that the elect understands that he/she will be a key role model for the importance
and implementation of coaching within the LC.
2. Situational Leadership is not something you do ‘to’ people but ‘with’ people.
3. The model is only worthwhile if you actually use it.
1. Elect understands the need for feedback to drive performance
(link to Situational Leadership)
2. Elect has the skills and tools necessary to facilitate feedback
1. Be sure to tailor how to give this session depending on the kind of leadership style of the
individual. If your elect is very ‘supporting’ then make sure you emphasise on the need to
give honest and direct feedback. If your elect is very ‘directing’ make sure to emphasis on
the need to be supportive through feedback and use ‘hamburger’ model etc.
2. Schedule team 360, very important. Team days need to be feedback inclusive.
1. Understand what is a strategic mindset - what kind of
behaviour do I need to implement?
2. Explore common trends within HR and TM not only within
AIESEC, make this a behaviour.
3. Power of asking the right questions
on the future of
tm for the next 5
what are the
1. Why is being a strategic leader important?
2. Ensure that you try to give general knowledge and tips about trends happening in HR and
TM inside and outside of AIESEC.
3. Have a fruitful discussion about the future of TM in the next 5 years etc.
1. Elect understands different models of building trust - Emotional
Bank Account/ Check In
2. Elect understands the importance of building trust - link to
being a credible change maker.
3. Link building trust to clear goal setting and clear feedback.
Why is this
1. Building trust is one of the most important aspects of leadership, use metaphor of trust
being like glass. once broken - very hard to fix.
2. Trust Building is not just an exercise its a behaviour you need to implement.
3. ‘Walk the Talk’ - Demonstrating Integrity.
4. Emotional Bank Account Model.
Success and failure,
committed to leadership
what is the attitudes
needed to transition?
* ﬁll in the blanks, only you as the current know the attitude
gaps of your elect.
Success and Failure
1. Elect understands the successes and failures of the current
2. Has an understanding of how to maintain success
3. Understands the mistakes and how to ensure they don't
what is my
will make me
1. More of a sharing session - bring some hot chocolate and relax (:
2. There should be crying jokes
3. They should define their legacy, be supportive and ask a lot of reflective questions to set
Committed to Leadership
1. Elect is committed to their
what is my JD
i am a leader
1. This is a very good closing session for your transition planning as it sets the bar for the
2. Please ensure your elect has a high knowledge about inner and outer journey before this
3. Begin with sharing stories and personal sharing of success through developing others
4. It’s not just about the strategy, the processes, and the JD - but it’s about leadership in the
what is the ideal VPTM for