Strengths + Weaknesses
Section A – Industry applied Film
Exam Technique; Best practice
- Refers to all 3 texts!!!!!!!!
- A simple and reoccurring structure – Introduction,
Identify + Justify x 3, Conclusion.
- Referred to the language in the question
Representation, genre, typical, conforms,
- Response was focused and did not take on too
many points. Write a a lot about a little.
- Concisely included contextual knowledge.
Directors, year, origins.
Genre question best practice;
- Best responses referred and compared chosen
texts to other films from the genre. The Fly, Drive,
- Used quotations from the script when justifying a
- Correctly titled each convention chosen.
- Refers to technical conventions when appropriate
Character roles, Narrative themes, Mise en
scene, Iconography, technical conventions.
- Refers to Post modernism
Genre question common faults;
- Black and white is not a genre convention of Film
- Colour is not a convention of Comic book
- Use of diegetic sound is not a Social Realism
- The classic period of Film Noir was 1941–1953
- District 9 is not a documentary – It takes
documentary stylistic features.
Representation question common
The response dictates the argument and did not
discuss the complexity and full representation.
- A lack of comparison to other texts
- Refers to audience.