• Research investigation (45)
• Production (45)
• Evaluation (10)
50% of A2
2. Brief introduction
Identify what you have created. Provide details on your research
investigation title and very briefly summarise your findings. (4 sentences)
Within my Research Investigation I examined the issue of.....
I discovered/concluded that......
I drew influence from my investigation findings to construct ……….
With similar approaches to…….. 2 that conforms……..one subverts………
3. Justifying your mode of address
Include a paragraph critically analysing each text you have produced. You should
discuss if you have adhered to or subverted your findings in the area of;
How to do this - Discuss and refer to specific examples of;
Your mode of address – Lighting, Body language, Fonts, Clothing, Mise en
scene, Iconography. (this can be highlighting good practice or identifying any
• Explain why have you constructed conventions in a certain way?
• How are these conventions act as signifiers that an audience can decode to
gain the preferred reading?
• Would the text be a mainstream/typical approach to the G/R/N or a more
challenging method that would attract a more niche or active audience?
• Link and refer to the likely gratifications your production may tick (Refer to R.I)
• Reference the theories from your investigation. Propp/Mulvey/Baudrillard -
Hyperreality/Uses and Grats
4. During this section it can help to crop particular sections of your production
and insert them into your word document.
5. During or after each paragraph/production piece you need to discuss
your strengths and weaknesses of your technical skills or approach to
6. Evaluation structure guide
• Justifying the mode of address of Production one
• Reflecting on technical skills or approach of Production one
• Justifying the mode of address of Production two
• Reflecting on technical skills or approach of Production two
• Justifying the mode of address of Production three
• Reflecting on technical skills or approach of Production three
750 words (10% tolerance)