1. Building brands through integrated marketing Agency Overview & Select Case Studies
2. Core Disciplines One big agency with specialist, collaborative business divisions Digital Sponsorship Digital PR Experiential Print PR Events
3. Consulting <ul><ul><li>WSM is trusted to deliver </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Clients that work with us stay with us </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Retained clients include: </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>MasterCard - client since 1999 </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Aberdeen - client since 2002 </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Brit Insurance - client since 2002 </li></ul></ul><ul><li>WSM Sponsorship operates as an extension of your marketing team to deliver the following: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Activation & leveraging </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Contract negotiation </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Rights holder liaison </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Hospitality management </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Research </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Brand consultancy </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Strategy development </li></ul></ul>
4. Events <ul><ul><li>WSM has a wealth of experience organising and promoting events in sports including: golf, cricket, tennis, football and squash </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>WSM has an outstanding track record of promoting and underwriting sports events across the world, specialising in: </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Creation and implementation of bespoke events </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Managing global events on behalf of rights holders, governing bodies, brands & the delivery of event and hospitality solutions for corporate clients </li></ul></ul>
5. PR & Media Relations <ul><ul><li>WSM has a strong background in sponsorship and event PR delivery </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>WSM create targeted PR campaigns, from strategy through to implementation </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>WSM’s extensive experience and media contacts across print, broadcast and digital will ensure that your sponsorship messages impact on your target audiences </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>WSM manage and advise on ambassadors and ambassador programmes and contracts </li></ul></ul>
6. Digital <ul><ul><li>We are a specialist brand communications agency delivering immersive, interactive experiences through digital channels </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>The WSM Digital (Kodu) team have been at the forefront of digital and integrated marketing for over 18 years </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Our team bring a wealth of experience from agencies such as Ogilvy, Y&R and McCann as well as tech leaders TangoZebra and Google </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>We are passionate about all things digital </li></ul></ul>
7. <ul><li>WSM offers truly engaging consumer experiences through our in-house experiential team (AvantGarde): </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Advocacy programmes </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Live events </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Sampling and promotions </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Hospitality / customer engagement </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Conferences / exhibitions </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Product launches </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Roadshows </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Education programmes </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Sponsorship activation </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Live marketing allows you to engage all the senses, creating a deeper emotive relationship for your brand. </li></ul></ul>Experiential
8. <ul><ul><li>WSM's in-house print team (Velvet) provide design and print support across a number of projects </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>WSM are experts at handling and overseeing printing projects whilst providing the highest quality service and offering innovative solutions </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>WSM are brand literate print managers and always ensure your corporate identity is never compromised </li></ul></ul>Print & Design
9. WSM, more than just a brand agency – a Partner Agency Clients
11. Brief Brit appointed WSM as their exclusive sponsorship consultancy to drive increased brand awareness and customer engagement through sports sponsorship. Results From an initial situation sponsoring multiple properties, WSM identified a more targeted long-term strategy for the business & brand. The chosen sponsorship platform was cricket for its appeal to key customers and the opportunity to differentiate Brit in a relatively homogenous sector. The strategy required activation on multiple levels, WSM identified & negotiated high-profile stadium, player, media & team sponsorships, including The Brit Oval & England cricket team – one of the most sought after properties in sport. Ongoing activation of sponsorship assets resulted in £4m media value in ‘09 alone, plus positive increase on brand recall, awareness & propensity to buy amongst target customers. In addition to the ECB deal WSM has also managed Surrey CCC shirt sponsorship since 2004. Sponsorship Consultancy - Brit Insurance
12. Brief Further to successfully negotiating new rugby sponsorship of the iconic Barbarians, WSM was engaged by MasterCard to increase brand preference through a unique “Priceless” promotion. Results WSM created the ultimate rugby prize: “Be 23rd member of BaBa squad”. Driven via benumber23.com , a totally unique rugby offering delivered not only a “Priceless” experience for cardholders & rugby fans, but also unique interactive content & social networking online by uploading photos mocked into ads. Finalists competed in special offline quiz events at major rugby clubs & overall promotion was leveraged above & below-the-line with high-profile ad campaign, grassroots clubs, cardholder DM, point-of-sale, PR & media activation using high-profile brand Ambassadors, resulting in high-level media coverage for the brand & “Priceless” & record volume online traffic. “Best in Class” internal benchmarking. Public Relations - MasterCard
13. Brief Aberdeen appointed WSM as their exclusive sponsorship agency to develop and manage a global sponsorship strategy for the business & brand. Results Extensive research & planning to formulate key sponsorship objectives & strategy. Identified a diverse portfolio of rights to promote the brand and engage key business markets. Successfully negotiated key partnership deals in golf, rugby, sailing, tennis, culture & education, with multiple touch points including brand Ambassadors, events, hospitality & corporate comms. Implemented deals & ongoing management of £4m pa sponsorship budget, from rights delivery to sponsorship marketing & PR to continual strategic development review of portfolio for enhancements and/or new opportunities. Tracked significant global media coverage increased awareness for the brand, as well as positive ROI in terms of sales / business development. Rights Negotiation & Management - Aberdeen
14. Promotional campaign leveraging Castrol’s sponsorship of FIFA World Cup™ 2010. Leveraging brand ambassador Cristiano Ronaldo, the promotion is based on 10 FIFA World Cup™ Moments of Great Performance. Consumers need to match Ronaldo’s top 3 moments selection for a chance to win a money-can’t buy prize and meet the player himself in an exclusive trip to Madrid. The campaign provides football followers with a social currency, fuelling friendly banter in an engaging, compelling way. Campaign includes a POS toolkit driving awareness through all key channels, online advertising and an engaging, motivating micro-site used as the lead promotional entry point. The campaign is being activated in 16 countries and in 14 different languages. Initial engagement and entry levels are very positive. View the site at castrolmoments.com Digital – Castrol
15. Promotional mircosite & app/widget deployment: Digital – Callaway The Callaway Tee Zone was designed to extend and add value to a 6-month Pan-Euro on-channel Callaway digital advertising campaign on Yahoo! Eurosport. Its purpose was to utilise interactive rich media content to bring the brand to life and launch 3 products over the 6-month period. To maintain interest the site is being constantly updated with competition elements and video content and houses a downloadable desktop alert to keep golf enthusiasts up to date with all the latest golf news.
16. Launch of an integrated digital media campaign for FT.com to put across the heritage, expertise, craft and quality of luxury watch maker Jaeger-LeCoultre by creating rich application content supported by online advertising and editorial. Activity launched in EMEA & North America and is now being rolled out into China. Digital – FT.com
17. Mobile Apps – Veuve Clicquot (LVMH) Complete build of the Veuve Clicquot Seasons iPhone & iPad application including calendar functionality, event EPOS integration and ‘Concierge’ service. A ‘Concierge’ service that exclusively allows app users to order bottles of Veuve from within the in-app shop and have delivered to their table at Season’s Veuve sponsored events.
18. Mobile Apps – Met Office WSM created an iPhone and web App strategy that was developed to launch a portfolio of specialist interest applications to build a media platform for the Met Office to derive commercial gain via advertising and sponsorship revenues. Our role included App concept, design, production and deployment.
19. Brief WSM was appointed by Standard Chartered via competitive pitch to create a unique schedule of hospitality events for the bank’s Top 100 customers at this summer’s Football World Cup in South Africa. Results Aside from attending the FWC matches WSM focused on the caliber of clientele and creating once-in-a-lifetime event experiences to differentiate from mass corporate hospitality activity. As well as laying the foundations for a major new football sponsorship of Liverpool FC. WSM identified & negotiated exclusive opportunity to host a Signature Golf Event with SA’s greatest ever sportsman, a LFC Legends experience tied to new football sponsorship, as well as the finest dining & cultural experiences available, making use of our unsurpassed expertise & contacts in SA. All supported with a sophisticated online guest management system & high-level attention to detail on every aspect of this VVIP programme. Hospitality – Standard Chartered
20. <ul><li>Brief </li></ul><ul><li>WSM were tasked to negotiate the following sponsorship deals for Optimum Nutrition, working thereafter with each club to ensure maximum exposure and PR to drive sales and brand recognition. </li></ul><ul><li>Results </li></ul><ul><li>Lead Rugby Ambassador secured: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Rob Kearney, British & Irish Lion & Irish International </li></ul></ul><ul><li>English Premiership, Magners League & Heineken Cup: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Newcastle Falcons </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Leinster Rugby & Ulster Rugby </li></ul></ul><ul><li>English Championship / British & Irish Cup: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Cornish Pirates & Doncaster Knights </li></ul></ul><ul><li>University Rugby Clubs: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Oxford and Cambridge Universities </li></ul></ul>Club Sponsorship - Optimum Nutrition
21. Brief WSM was appointed to raise the global profile of the International Sports Promotion Society, set up by Japanese philanthropist Dr. Haruhisa Handa, as well as increase awareness of the International Blind Golf Association. Results WSM created a comprehensive tournament sponsorship portfolio for ISPS on every major continent & Tour worldwide (excl. PGA Tour). The tournament sponsorships are promoted via key broadcast deals & ISPS Ambassadors (Lyle, Woosnam & Torrance), with specific remits to help PR Blind Golf & Handa/ISPS B2B opportunities. Already the brand has achieved significant international media coverage resulting in a unique remit to bid for Blind Golf’s inclusion in the Paralympics, working with the International Federation of Golf Tours. Events - ISPS
22. Contact Chris O’Donoghue, Commercial Director One Bow Churchyard London EC4M 9DQ Tel: +44 (0) 20 7183 4610 email@example.com www.wsmsponsorship.com