APSE Social Media PresentationPresentation Transcript
HOW TO CREATE A SOCIAL
50 Things You Need to Know
CEO & Founder of
Go! Media International, LLC
BEFORE YOU START,
YOU NEED A PLAN
*Dynamic Marketing Plan!
*How Can You Incorporate Marketing Activity Into SMM Campaign?
*Advertising Budget for Social Media?
*Do You Have Enough Content?
*Who is Going to Create Content?
*Buyer Proﬁle for Your Target Marketing
*What Are Your Goals for your Social Media Marketing Effort?
*In-house or Outsourced?
*Realistic Schedule of Online Activity
*Research Social Media Sites
#1: I Will Listen, Watch and
Monitor the Activity Before I Join
#2: I Will Plan Before I Dive
THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE
BEFORE POSTING ANYTHING....ASK YOURSELF THIS!
*What are my clients interested in reading?
*What voice do my clients respond to?
*Is anyone else saying the same thing I am?
*What news do I have about my business or industry?
*What do I hope to accomplish with this piece of information?
*What will my clients get out of this?
1. Get that website live!
2. Purchase domain hosting through Go Daddy
3. Install a Wordpress blog to your website
4. Fill website and blog with content!
5. Install Google Analytics to sites
6. Create Feedburner account
7. Write 3 new blog posts per week
8. Create customized incentive
9. Create social media proﬁles on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
10. Pack the proﬁles with content and links
11. Get recommendations on LinkedIn
12. Join groups on Facebook and LinkedIn
13. Create a LinkedIn & Facebook group
14. Create company page on Facebook & LinkedIn
15. Start using lists on Twitter
16. Comment on anything relevant
17. Create and execute a blog tour
18. Make it simple with tools like Hootsuite
19. Set up numerous Google Alerts
20. Share links as much as possible
21. Build relationships with market leaders
22. Share educational, entertaining and engaging content
23. Become an expert - share expertise
24. Push for live conversations
25. Keep ﬁnding new techniques to try
26. Tag all material for search engines
27. Make sure blog posts, videos, etc. are being sent to your social
28. Update your proﬁles daily
29. It can take some time to see success. Stay consistent and
focused with your social media strategy. Adapt when necessary,
and do not be afraid to take calculated risks
30. Be 100% transparent. No one likes a phony
TAKE EACH STEP CAREFULLY
QUESTIONS / ANSWERS
NEED MORE HELP?
CONTACT ME DIRECTLY ON
727-474-7935 OR EMAIL ME AT
VISIT US ONLINE AT: