1. Joel 2:1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;
2. Ezekiel 33:1-121 Again the word of the LORD came untome, saying,2 Son of man, speak to the children of thypeople, and say unto them, When I bring thesword upon a land, if the people of the landtake a man of their coasts, and set him fortheir watchman:
3. 3 If when he seeth the sword come upon theland, he blow the trumpet, and warn thepeople;4 Then whosoever heareth the sound of thetrumpet, and taketh not warning; if thesword come, and take him away, his bloodshall be upon his own head.
4. 5 He heard the sound of the trumpet, andtook not warning; his blood shall be uponhim. But he that taketh warning shall deliverhis soul.6 But if the watchman see the swordcome, and blow not the trumpet, and thepeople be not warned; if the swordcome, and take any person from amongthem, he is taken away in his iniquity; buthis blood will I require at the watchmanshand.
5. 7 So thou, O son of man, I have set thee awatchman unto the house of Israel; thereforethou shalt hear the word at my mouth, andwarn them from me.8 When I say unto the wicked, O wickedman, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost notspeak to warn the wicked from his way, thatwicked man shall die in his iniquity; but hisblood will I require at thine hand.
6. 9 Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked ofhis way to turn from it; if he do not turnfrom his way, he shall die in his iniquity; butthou hast delivered thy soul.10 Therefore, O thou son of man, speakunto the house of Israel; Thus yespeak, saying, If our transgressions and oursins be upon us, and we pine away inthem, how should we then live?
7. 11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the LordGOD, I have no pleasure in the death of thewicked; but that the wicked turn from hisway and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evilways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
8. 12 Therefore, thou son of man, say unto thechildren of thy people, The righteousness ofthe righteous shall not deliver him in the dayof his transgression: as for the wickedness ofthe wicked, he shall not fall thereby in theday that he turneth from his wickedness;neither shall the righteous be able to live forhis righteousness in the day that he sinneth.
9. John 4:5-195 Then cometh he to a city of Samaria,which is called Sychar, near to the parcel ofground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph.6 Now Jacobs well was there. Jesustherefore, being wearied with his journey,sat thus on the well: and it was about thesixth hour.
10. 7 There cometh a woman of Samaria todraw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me todrink.8 (For his disciples were gone away unto thecity to buy meat.)9 Then saith the woman of Samaria untohim, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askestdrink of me, which am a woman of Samaria?for the Jews have no dealings with theSamaritans.
11. 10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thouknewest the gift of God, and who it is thatsaith to thee, Give me to drink; thouwouldest have asked of him, and he wouldhave given thee living water.11 The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hastnothing to draw with, and the well is deep:from whence then hast thou that livingwater?
12. 12 Art thou greater than our fatherJacob, which gave us the well, and drankthereof himself, and his children, and hiscattle?13 Jesus answered and said untoher, Whosoever drinketh of this water shallthirst again:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water thatI shall give him shall never thirst; but thewater that I shall give him shall be in him awell of water springing up into everlastinglife.
13. 15 The woman saith unto him, Sir, give methis water, that I thirst not, neither comehither to draw.16 Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thyhusband, and come hither.17 The woman answered and said, I have nohusband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast wellsaid, I have no husband:
14. 18 For thou hast had five husbands; and hewhom thou now hast is not thy husband: inthat saidst thou truly.19 The woman saith unto him, Sir, Iperceive that thou art a prophet.
15. John 4:25-294:25 The woman saith unto him, I knowthat Messias cometh, which is called Christ:when he is come, he will tell us all things.4:26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak untothee am he.4:27 And upon this came his disciples, andmarvelled that he talked with the woman:yet no man said, What seekest thou?or, Why talkest thou with her?
16. 4:28 The woman then left her waterpot, andwent her way into the city, and saith to themen,4:29 Come, see a man, which told me allthings that ever I did: is not this the Christ?
17. John 4:39-424:39 And many of the Samaritans of thatcity believed on him for the saying of thewoman, which testified, He told me all thatever I did.4:40 So when the Samaritans were comeunto him, they besought him that he wouldtarry with them: and he abode there twodays.
18. 4:41 And many more believed because of hisown word;4:42 And said unto the woman, Now webelieve, not because of thy saying: for wehave heard him ourselves, and know thatthis is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of theworld.