One of my favorite fruits to eat are blueberries. I also really love all types breakfast foods so I thought it would be great to combine my two favorites and show you how to make blueberry pancakes! Let’s get started!
So, the learning objectives for this presentation is to:Know what supplies are needed to make blueberry pancakesLearn the steps in cooking blueberry pancakesUnderstanding the many health benefits of blueberriesLastly, learning about many other uses for blueberries
So the general overview of this presentation is first we’ll be looking at the overall list of needed materials then I’ll be going through step by step instructions on how to cook blueberry pancakes. After, I will be explaining some of the health benefits of blueberries and lastly, I’ll discuss some other uses of blueberries.
So, this recipe was taken from allrecipes.com. It is called Todd’s famous blueberry pancakes. Now, to get started with the pancakes we will need to get flour, salt, baking powder, sugar, egg, milk, butter, and most importantly, blueberries. The exact measurements needed for this recipe is listed on the slide.
First, in a large bowl we will combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. It is recommended that we sift the flour to make it less lumpy but it is not required. This will be called the dry ingredients for future reference.
Then, in a separate, smaller bowl combine the egg and milk together. It is important that you do this in a separate bowl and not in the bowl with the dry ingredients.
After we have mixed the egg and milk together stir in the wet mixture into the bowl that contains the dry ingredients.
After we have combined the wet and dry ingredients together we will mix in the butter. After the butter is mixed in gently “fold” in the blueberries into the batter. Make sure you do not use too much force when mixing the blueberries in so that the blueberries don’t break or pop.
Let the better sit for about 30 minutes to an hour. While the batter sits lightly oil a griddle or a frying pan then heat it on medium heat. Do not use high heat as that will burn pancakes instead of cooking them.
After the griddle or frying pan is heated pour some of the batter onto the heated pan. The recipe recommends pouring ¼ cup of batter if you need help or some reference in how much batter should be poured. Wait until you see bubbles on the batter then flip the pancake to cook the other side. Cook until both sides of the pancake is brown.
Finally, you’re done! Serve the hot pancakes with some fresh blueberries on top and some syrup on the side. You can also add other toppings such as whipped cream or butter, whatever you like!
Now, that we’ve gone through the steps in making blueberry pancakes lets learn about the health benefits of blueberries. Blueberries are known to have the highest antioxidant content among all fresh fruits. This high antioxidant content helps prevent aging and other diseases. The antioxidant also acts as a fat burner so it helps reduce belly fat. So, those who are looking to tone their abs should eat blueberries to burn some fat! Blueberries also help improve vision and reduce cataracts. Studies also show that blueberries help boost memory and reduces major illnesses such as heart disease and cancer. With so many health benefits make sure you start eating more blueberries!
You can make other foods with blueberries such as jams, cakes, muffins, and other baked goods. You can also use it to make vinegar and wine, too! But did you know that blueberries are also good for skin care treatments? Because of their high antioxidant content blueberries are very useful in many ways!
Now, its your turn to make the pancakes or take some of my ideas and use blueberries in a different way! But make sure to include more blueberries in your health and diet since they provide so many health benefits! And don’t forget share this information with family and friends so they don’t miss out! Thanks for viewing my presentation!
1. How to Make Blueberry Pancakes Judy Choi
2. Learning Objectives•Know what supplies are needed•Learn how to cook blueberry pancakes•Understand the benefits of blueberries•Learn about other uses for blueberries
3. Overview•List of materials•Cooking steps•Benefits of blueberries•Other uses for blueberries
4. Materials•1 ¼ cups all purpose flour•½ teaspoon salt•1 tablespoon baking powder•1 ¼ teaspoon white sugar•1 egg•1 cup milk•½ tablespoon butter, melted•½ cup blueberries Recipe from www.allrecipes.com
5. Step Four:Mix in the butterGently fold in theblueberries into themixture*Make sure you don’t break theblueberries
6. Step Five:While batter sits, heat alightly oiled griddle orfrying pan on mediumheat
7. Health Benefits of Blueberries•Has the most antioxidant content of fruits•Helps prevent disease and aging•Reduces belly fat•Helps increase urinary tract health•Improves vision•Boosts brain health (Alzheimer disease, memory)•Decrease risk of heart disease•Decrease risk of certain cancers•Helps decrease constipation www.womenfitness.net
8. Other Uses for Blueberries•Blueberry jam•Blueberry vinegar•Muffins, Pies, Cake•Skin care treatments•Blueberry wine and smoothies•Medicinal uses
9. Now, it’s yourturn to make thepancakes!Or, try usingblueberries in adifferent way!