personal- cover girl n max factor, olay, gillette, braun, head n shoulder, pantene house n home- Abc room cleaner, household cleaning, Mr. clean
Blue colour signifies Love, Spituality, Peace & Happiness
focus to higher growth, higher margin busine focus to higher growth, higher margin businessessses
1887: P & G institutes a pioneering profit sharing program sharing program that gives employees an ownership stake in the Company. This significant innovation helps employees connect their vital roles with the Company’s success. In 1947, the original Pantene Hair Tonic was launched to improve hair health. After the introduction and launching of the pantene,it was in introduction stage till 1983,though considerably very well known among local, but for the global reach out of the pantene,Richardson-Vicks came in to picture in the year 1983. As Richardson-Vicks acquired product, growth stage of the Pantene started and then till 1985,growth continues even though it was acquired by Procter & Gamble, but during these time growth was slow and recognized by very few. But after several years in R & D Company P&G launched first product line of Pantene for women in 2003.then after, actual growth stage of Pantene starts. Then in 2005,company designed a production line for Hispanic Women. So after several years of R & D,company’s product Pantene is now at top growth stage maturity levels in most of it`s brands.. As it faces tough competition from its competitors it has to undergo continuous transformations and expansions in it`s stock keeping units(SKU). come for this company.. In this tough era of financial crunch and downtrend it might be a possibility that this stage is enforced upon the company by its strong competitors..
2. • FMCG market is 4th largest market• USD 13.1 billion• Large number of MNCs• Expected to reach USD 33.4 billion in 2015• Rapid urbanization• Reach to customer• HUL share 8% and share will be doubled by 2020.
3. Procter & Gamble is an American company CEO Bob McDonald taking measures to increase marketshareIn India P&G has two subsidiaries: P&G Hygiene and Health Care Ltd. P&G Home Products Ltd.Famous brands like Vicks Ariel and Tide , Head &Shoulders, Pantene, and Rejoice
4. Family of ProductsPersonal & Beauty - Cosmetics, Oral Care, Hair CareHouse & Home - Laundry care, Dish Soap,Snacks & CoffeeHealth & Wellness - Prescription drugs, Health CareBaby & Family - Pet Care & Nutrition
6. Market Share: Vicks Vaporub is market leader in this segment with a share of 50% Vicks action 500 has around 40% market shareSales: Vicks brand accounts for 40% of Company turnover, i.e. Rs. 170 Cr More Sales during Monsoon periodCompetitors Challenge: Amritanjan Bam Zandu Bam Cold Snap Pharma ‘o cold
7. Product Strategy: Promotional Strategy offering special Coupons Introduction of new products Emotional Marketing ( Not selling Vicks selling Mother’s Love )Target Customers: Children Adults Sinus Patient
8. Positioning Strategy : Unique Shape of Cough Drops inhaler & Caplet Touch Therapy Mother’s Love PlatformSegmentation Strategy : On the basis of Age Kids above the age of 6 months YouthBranding Strategy : Umbrella Branding
9. Brand Extention : Day Quil Plus Vitamin C Vicks Formula 44- Custom Care Vicks Vaporub with the scent of LemonPackaging : Change of color from Green to Blue Global Packing for Vicks – range of products world wide Packaging changing from blister to Glassine Poly & Brand name appearing through out on the new glass line Poly Pack
10. Labeling : The Jar has a paper label with the familiar Vicks livery in blue, red, green & white Label includes : Vicks Vaporub Vicks and Vaporub are reg. trade marks of Richardson- Merrell inc Instruction on the label indicate that the Ointment can be used for colds of Children and Chest or inhale in stream
11. STRATEGIES &MANAGEMENT STYLE FOLLOWED IN P&G
12. Planned to create a more nimble organization. Focus towards higher growth, higher margin businesses . Acquisition of its domestic and foreign competitors.
13. Participatory, delegating, and empowermentDecentralized decision making process Much easier for management to customize products
14. PRODUCT LIFECYCLE OF P&G INTRODUCTION STAGE – 1947 , PANTENE HAIR TONIC GROWTH- 2003,VICKS & SINCE 2005,PANTENE MATURITY - IN MOST OF ITS BRANDS DECLINE - IN THE ERA OF FINANCIAL CRUNCH & DOWNTREND
15. PRODUCT LIFECYCLE: EXAMPLEVICKSVicks has reached thematurity stage (i.e.) mostprofit is earned by the marketas a whole. At this stageResearch and Development islikely to be restricted toproduct modification andimprovement and perhaps toimprove production efficiencyand quality.
16. • Strong financial position both in the domestic and foreign markets.• Pool of skilled labor.• Produce high quality products at affordable prices• Diverse team of experts
17. • Lack of effective distribution system• High cost of inputs• Lack of experience• Just in time manufacturing technology• Removal of trade barriers
18. • They want to ensure that there is democracy and stable government• New entry into the household product industry.• Unfavorable business laws and political instability.
19. ANY QUESTIONS?????
20. REFERENCEShttp://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1195282https://www.google.co.in/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=651&q=plc&gbv=2&oq=plc&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_l=img.3..0l10.1253.2058.0.27188.8.131.52.0.0.0.173.460.0j3.3.0...0.0.8UNHUvVsQ8g#hl=en&gbv=2&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=product+life+cycle&oq=product+life+cycle&aq=f&aqi=g9g-s1&aql=&gs_l=img.3..0l9j0i10.4040.10584.0.11184.108.40.206.220.127.116.113.5497.0j12j1j1j0j1j1j1.17.0...0.0.dKAJsHLMoCI&pbx=1&bav=on.http://www.thehindubusinessline.in/2004/09/24/stories/200409Marketing management , kotler and keller