1. NAME:_______________________________________YEAR and SECTION:______________________SCORE:__________
Direction: Underline the verb that agrees with its subject.
1. Each of the men (were/was) given ten minutes to speak to the president of the company.
2. Beyond the river (is/are) a dress store and a shoe store.
3. Here (is/are) your notebook and dictionary.
4. Neither of the corporations (has/have) received the necessary state charter yet.
5. My entire supply of checks (was/were) missing.
6. Physics (is/are) taken by many students to complete their science requirement.
7. a natural monopoly (is/are) public utilities.
8. Neither of the unions (has/have) studied the working conditions yet.
9. John Leo ( live, lives) in Green Valley Subdivision.
10. The data (was/were) published by the company.
11. The cost of goods (vary/varies) greatly in the different states.
12. Where (is/are) one of the letters from Brown and Company?
13. Neither of the salesmen (wants/want) to help me.
14. One of the trade marks (has/have) not been registered yet.
15. Five percent of the profits (is/are) to be distributed to the stockholders.
16. Food tests taken on Friday (confirm/confirms) my original diagnosis.
17. Neither the employers nor the union (desire/desires) a strike vote.
18. Neither the size nor the color of the envelopes (are/is) correct.
19. Each of the loans (has/have) been recalled by the bank.
20. The news of the economic decline (has/have) been upsetting.
21. Everyone who bought stocks last year (has/have) hoped to see an increase in their value.
22. The Seattle Times (is/are) sold widely.
23. Neither the rain nor the dropping temperatures (suggest/suggests) good weather over the weekend.
24. One of the children who (play/plays) soccer so very well is sitting on the sidelines.
25. The team (have/has) turned in their uniforms for the season.
26.The Santos family ( is ,/are ) living in the different parts of United States.
27.The dance troupe ( has,/have) arrived in separate buses.
28. I ( studies,/study) at Green Valley Academy.
29.John Leo ( live,/lives) in Green Valley Subdivision.
30.We ( has,/have) a democratic form of government.
31.The world ( observe/observes) Christmas in December.
32. Everyone ( love/loves) cookies.
33. The family ( is/are) vacationing in Boracay this summer.
34. Trees ( is/are) written by Joyce Kilmer.
35. The Merchant of Venice and A Midsummer Night’s Dream (is, are) written by William Shakespeare.
36. Rice ( is/ are ) the staple food for Filipinos.
37.Linguistics ( is /are ) the science of languages.
38.Gymnastics ( include/ includes) tumbling.
39.Jean’s slacks (match/ matches ) her blouse.
40.The remains of the late Rico Yan (was/were) interred in the family mausoleum.
41. The coaches, as well as, together with the players , ( attend, attends) the opening ceremony.
42.The family ( is, are) vacationing in Boracay this summer.
43. Bread and butter (was/were) he asked for .
45. Here (come/comes) Marvin and Julius.
46. I (go/goes) home after my class.
47. Everything ( is/are) in order.
48. These (is/are) times that try man’s soul.
49. It (hurt/hurts) to say goodbye.
50. Three weeks (is/are) long time to wait for you.