Question 2How effective is the combination of yourmain product and your ancillary task?
For my Media Studies coursework wewhere required to create a film trailergoing together with an ancillary task,Creating a poster and a magazine coverfor my film. Horror is the genre of my filmso I have put most of the codes andconventions of a horror and the uniqueselling points of my film trailer into threeproducts.
• After researching teaser trailers (Wolf Creek&Scream) which are the films I decided to look at. Ilearned that the colours, themes and characters allhad to contribute to the effect of the film. After Icreated all three media products I feel all threepieces of work effectively together. I realised thecolours and style of the film trailer had to be darkand gloomy.
• The text I have used on the poster and magazine reall the same, with the same colour scheme and textso that there is a direct link to each media productso the audience see the link across each mediaproduct. Each media product all include the samepeople which creates the effect.
• The colour scheme is black, red and white torepresent ‘blood’ and ‘horror’ and this theme goesthrough the whole three tasks.• My audience can see that my task are about ahorror trailer and they can tell this by the effectiveeffects and writing. I have asked my actors to weareveryday clothes in each scene, and the costumeand the mis en scene are all the same, this includesall natural makeup and clothing.
• I have followed real life media products and I thinkthat my products follow the conventions of a mediaproduct. All three tasks have a synergy throughoutand I believe they look like real media products. It isobvious that the three products all belong to thesame media product.
• Conventions of a movie poster• Release date• Names of the actors• Title of the film• New technologies Facebook&Twitter.• Image from key point in the trailer.
• Conventions of movie magazines.• Barcode• Image of film stars• Taglines of things inside• Issue date• Price• Competitions• Website• No more then three fonts.