1. Are you male or female? My results showed that the majority of people who are interested in music magazines are men. This fits the typical stereotype for the key demographic who buy these types of magazines. However, very few people answered this survey so the outcome could have been different if more people had answered.
2. How old are you? My results show that the average age for a reader is between 16 and 20 years old. However, most readers are between 18 & 20 years old. This was the average age a chose to aim my magazine at. This result differs from the typical age of Q readers, who are usually in their mid-thirties.
3. What type of music do you listen to? These results show that the largest percentage of people who answered the survey listen to indie music, this is why I chose to appeal to a key demographic who enjoy listening mostly to indie music, as well as a few other genres.
4. Do you/have you ever Bought a music magazine? My results show that all the people who took part in the survey have bought a music magazine at some point in the past.
5. If so, what music magazine Have you bought? The results show that NME and Mojo were the two popular magazines among the people who took part in the survey. Q was also popular. For this reason I chose to imitate and use similar conventions & features in my own magazine.
6. How often do you buy a music magazine My results show that all the people who took part in the survey bought magazines monthly. Therefore I chose to publish my magazine monthly.
7. For what reason(s) would you but a music magazine? My results show that most people bought a music mag specifically for album reviews and gig information as well as other feature. I chose to include most of these features in my own magazine.
8. How much would you pay for a magazine? Most people thought that between £2.00-£3.00 was a reasonable price to pay for a magazine. Therefore, I chose to sell my own magazine for £2.30.