1. OGLE PLAY
OTIFY & GO
FIT - 1012
Spotify is a commercial music streaming service providing digital rights
management restricted content from record labels including Sony, EMI, Warner
Music Group and Universal.
3. The system is available for :o
Microsoft Windows desktop
Samsung Smart TV
4. Music can be browsed by :o Artist
o Playlist, or record label
o Direct searches
5. Searching songs on Spotify
6. ·On computers, a link allows the listener to purchase selected
material via partner retailers.
·Users can create and share playlists, or edit them together with
7. Published Playlist
8. ·Spotify also includes a Radio feature available to Spotify Free, Unlimited and
Premium accounts, which creates a random playlist of songs chosen based on specific
genres and decades.
o An Artist Radio feature creates a random playlist of songs by artists
related to (and including) the selected artist.
9. · Spotify allows registered users to integrate their account with
existing Facebook and Twitter accounts.
o Once a user integrates their Spotify account with other
social media profiles, they are able to access their friends'
favorite music and playlists.
· Spotify software is proprietary and uses digital rights
management (DRM) to prevent unauthorized use.
· Spotify offers music downloads in the UK at £0.99 per track.
· The website stated that Spotify paid its artists a per-stream
figure of between US$0.006 and $0.0084 (an average of £0.004).
10. 2. GOOGLE PLAY
11. Songs in Google Music are priced at US$1.29, $0.99, $0.69, and
12. · Music can be played on the Google Play website or via the Google Play Music mobile
app Android and iOS devices.
o Songs can be stored for offline playback.