ARTDM 171 Web Design
Fall 2009, section: 0465
Tuesdays, 2:00 - 4:15pm, A-303
Open lab following lectures from 4:15 - 5:00pm
Thursdays, 2:00 - 4:15pm, A-303
Download the Syllabus
from the Class Blog
What will you learn in this course?
• Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
• Dreamweaver CS4
Dreamweaver CS4 for Windows
and Macintosh: Visual
By Tom Negrino, Dori Smith,
Peachpit Press, 2008.
Required Portable Storage
• USB Drive
• some other media or device
Scratch Drives are emptied once a month
50% – Projects
30% – Homework
20% – Attendance and Class Participation
• Weekly Exercises – One or two per week,
no less. Usually from the book.
• Reading Assignments – Contemporary
issues related to technology and society.
• Class Blog – Usually, write about what you
• Group Project – Complete with other
• Final Project – Ongoing work.
• Let me know if you're going to miss a class.
• Dropped after two missed class (without
• Tuesdays, 2:00 - 4:15pm
Lecture and hands-on learning. 15 minute
break in the middle and at the end.
• 4:15 - 5:00 pm
In-class lab. Work on what you learned.
• Thursdays, 2:00 - 4:15 pm
Open lab. I'll be there for one-on-one help.
See the lab schedules for other times
• First and last name
• Preferred e-mail address
• Phone number (for last minute cancellations)
• Year in college
• Focus or ﬁeld of concentration
• Are you taking other courses related to this
• Why are you taking this course?
Email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IS "WEB DESIGN"?
Homework, due August 25 –
• Read the first chapter of Lawrence Lessig's
book, The Future of Ideas, and register on
the blog and post a comment
• Get the Dreamweaver textbook
• Read and follow along the Introduction and
Chapter 1 of the Dreamweaver textbook
• Send your answers to the survey
See you next week!