Lands' End Canvas used Pinterest to spread the word about their collection and their presence on the site. Encouraged people to pin some of the Lands' End images to their own Lands' End boards. The owners of the most creative boards will win a prize. (Lands' End pictures and links to their clothes were shared and seen by many of the people who subscribe to the entrants' pages).
2. a A virtual bulletin board or collage of images found on the webb An engaging platform that allows you to browse other pinboardsc A branding-style social network with real-time trendingd A visual search engine with direct linkse Breakout social network of 2012
3. Saving links to recipes they want to try, clothes they want to buy,1 books they want to read, or furniture they want in their house one day.2 Planning a kid’s birthday party, wedding, or holiday meal.3 Filing ideas for a dream vacation or dream home. Demonstrating expertise and4 promoting their own blogs, books, presentations, photography and other products.
4. 1. See it. 3. Describe it. 4. Share it out.1 See it2 Pin it 2. Pin it. 5. Others repin, comment or like.3 Describe it4 Share it out5 Others repin, comment or like
5. It’s a visual social network that organizes images by topic and lets you reshare with just one click. Members can comment, repin, like it and share pins on Facebook, Twitter, or email. a pin An image added to Pinterestpinboard A set of theme-based pinspinning The act of visually sharing content repin Reposting someone else’s pin
10. One of the top 10 most visited1 social networks and growing at a faster rate than Twitter2 It drives site traffic3 It’s a search powerhouse4 It’s inexpensive and user friendly5 Ranked highest in trust (BlogHer)
11. Categorize Your Boards Include an accurate description, not simply a “yum” or “cool” Always cite original source and provide attribution Give credit or alert Pinterest user by adding @ in front of name Add # to flag topic or event (similar to Twitter) to make yourAS pins more searchable If you are repinning, do not automatically keep current description; see if appropriate You can add URL of site, orAdd $ to insertinsert banner on a include $ to price price banner on a photophoto
12. Food & Drink is fastest-growingpinboard categoryIt’s the category most likely to berepinned, on average generatingover 50% more repins than thenext most repinned category(style and fashion)Over 60% of pinboards fall into thetop 5 categories: home, arts andcrafts, style and fashion, and food
14. Add a $ followed by the numericalprice to the description of your pinto help drive purchasePin will link to owned e-commercechannelsThe pin will appear in the Giftscategory for targeted searches
15. Channel for distributing videocontentWatch videos within Pinterest sitePin anything from producttutorials, crafts and cookingdemos to media appearancesand industry presentations
16. Pin Hints: Product insights andideas without promoting• Recipes• DIY projects• Cooking techniques• Video tutorials• Seasonal ideas
17. Create boards that showcase thelifestyle you represent, not simplythe products you sellIdentify complementary topics andrelated interestsRepin like-branded sites toincrease reachEncourage users to share theirtastes/interests and experienceswith your brand
18. Pin Hints:• Use boards for visual storytelling• Let others contribute their stories
19. 1 First, consult Terms of Service2 Ask users to create special pinboards to enter3 Users send link of their pinboards so you can evaluate entrants4 Winners can be best boards, most likes/repins or sweepstakes
20. Pin Hints• Share company culture• Humanize your brand• Highlight your people• Let personalities shine
21. Pin Hints:• Enable other users to create their own pins on your board• Create a guest pinner gallery• Leverage customer testimonials in visual way
22. Pin Hints:• Enlist spokespeople to spread brand messaging through relevant pins• Tap a top pinner to live pin from an event
23. Pin Hints:• Showcase offline activities• Live pin events• Curate event highlights• Search for pins post-event• Use hashtags to flag your pins• Create seasonal resources
24. Find new brand advocates and potential new consumers Target in on your customers’ likes and dislikes, crowdsource ideas Enhance your search engine optimization by seeing what your customers are pinning Search who pinned you:pinterest.com/source/yourwebsite.com
25. Repin, like or comment on pinsthat align with your brandGive a shout out to loyal fans with@name in the descriptionCreate activities to get consumersto interact with your boards Hi Craftzine, Lee Jeans repinned your pin, „Denin “Do-it-all bins.” Happy Pinning! – Ben and the Pinterest Team
26. “Our goal is to connect everyone in the world through the things they find interesting. We think that a favorite book, toy, or recipe can reveal a common link between two people.1 Pin from the original source, not an image search With millions of new pins added every week, Pinterest is connecting people all over the world2 Pin from permalinks; the actual blog post, not homepage based on shared tastes and interests.”3 Avoid too much self promotion Brand Best Practices > Pinning from various sources rather than one specific site. > Repinning from within the site to engage with others – repinning is one of the most social activities on Pinterest and it’s how users can build network of followers. > Creating at least a few boards that cover a broad range of interests, rather than maintaining a single board devoted to one topic.
27. Go to Pinterest.com and sign up(invitation is no longer needed)Connect with Twitter or Facebook(no business pages)Add Pinterest to bookmark toeasily pin imagesAdd “follow” and “pin it” buttons toyour blog or websitePin strategically and be pinnable!