7. The population of Ukraine is 45962900 inhabitants
8. The area of Ukraine is 603700 square kilometres
9. Historical facts <ul><li>Slavic Tribes </li></ul><ul><li>Holodomor </li></ul><ul><li>World War II </li></ul>
10. Slavic Tribes <ul><li>In the 9th century, much of modern-day Ukraine was populated by the Slavic tribes . The so-called Kievan Rus was founded by Rus' people . During the 10th and 11th centuries, it became the largest and most powerful state in Europe. Kiev, the capital of modern Ukraine, became the most important city of the Rus'. </li></ul>
12. Holodomor <ul><li>In 1932–33, millions starved to death in a man-made famine known as Holodomor. </li></ul><ul><li>The famine claimed up to 10 million of Ukrainian lives </li></ul>
13. World War II <ul><li>World War II started in September 1939 year, when German Army came in Poland. </li></ul><ul><li>In total, the number of Ukrainians that fought in the ranks of the Soviet Army is estimated from 4.5 million to 7 million. </li></ul>
15. Leonid Kravchuk was the first President of the country
16. The second President was Leonid Kuchma
17. Viktor Andriyovych Yushchenko was the third President of Ukraine
18. Viktor Fedorovych Yanukovych is the President of Ukraine since February 2010.
19. The tradition of the Easter egg, known as pysanky, has long roots in Ukraine.
20. <ul><li>are the seven historical and cultural monuments of Ukraine, which were chosen in the Seven Wonders of Ukraine contest held in July, 2007. </li></ul>Seven Wonders Of Ukraine