1. A Presentation on… The Causes of Global Warming! By Hayley…x
2. Global Warming <ul><li>The global temperature increase of the earth </li></ul>Caused by the emission of gases that trap the suns heat in the earths atmosphere
3. Sun Atmosphere Earth 1.The incoming solar radiation passes through the greenhouse gases Layer of Greenhouse Gases Earth 2.Out Going radiation 3.Trapped Radiation (Is increasing) Less Heat Escapes
4. Causes Of global Warming <ul><li>The increase in the amount of Carbon Dioxide released into the atmosphere </li></ul><ul><li>C02 and other gases are released into the atmosphere by the burning of fossil fuels </li></ul><ul><li>These gases add to the greenhouse effect and temperatures rise. </li></ul>
5. Causes Of Global Warming <ul><li>USA and Australia are the two main contributors to global warming. </li></ul><ul><li>The large scale use of fuels for vehicles and factories have resulted in USA being responsible for most of the worlds emissions </li></ul><ul><li>USA was responsible for 20% of the greenhouse gases emitted in 1997. </li></ul>
6. Causes of Global Warming <ul><li>So due to the increase in human activities and the improvement of technology, emissions of carbon dioxide is increasing everyday because of the amount of fossil fuels being burnt and released into the atmosphere resulting with problems… </li></ul>Fact: If our cars can get 3 miles gallons then we can save 1 million barrels of oil per day.
7. Acid Rain - Vegetation Because trees are weakened by acid rain. The C02 that would be taken in by trees is being added to the greenhouse gases which increases Global Warming Problem 1:
8. Ice Caps Melting & Glaciers Problem 2: Because the ice is melting it results to flooding because of increase in sea levels, so places like East Angela, Bangladesh which are low land coastal areas get flooded.
9. This is CAUSED by Global Warming Only a years Difference