1. Creating your own dropshippingbusiness (got a free £5k free?) Road to millions (one day!) Chee Ho Wan #seobarcamp
2. What do I need?• E-commerce platform• Dropshipper suppliers• Design• Content customisation• E-commerce platform customisation – Stock management – Reviews• Marketing• Costs
3. E-commerce platform 3rd party solutions Customised e-commerce platforms– Advantages – Advantages • Easy to use • Fully customisable • Cheap to start up (year • Availability of apps suite 1 - £500) – Disadvantages– Disadvantages • High start up costs • Lack of filtering options • More difficult to • SEO poor out of the box manage • All Shopify sites on • Can require own single IP (not a big issue) hardware
4. Dropshipper suppliers – where to find? Caution: There are lots of dodgy dropshippers out there. Be wary!
5. Design• None of the standard themes in Shopify we found met our requirements Subsequent designs are cheaper to produce. Design 1 + branding = £1200. Design 2 + branding = £300
6. Content customisationOnsite product descriptions Affiliate feeds Important to have different feed content to the content onsite
7. e-commerce platform customisation• Stock management – Product commonly change stock quickly • Ability add new stock • Ability to remove out of stock items• Reviews – Google compliant review system (there were none on Shopify) • Microformats
8. Marketing Community building!
9. Costs Tasks Site build 1 Site build 2 Site build £1200 £300 Content – £1000 £1000 product descriptions Marketing and How much How much link building you got! you got! Shopify and £70 per £70 per month credit card month supplier costs