I’m professional presentation maker . These presentations are for sale for 20$ each, if required you can contact me on my gmail id firstname.lastname@example.org and you can also suggest me topics for your
I’m professional presentation maker . These presentations are for sale for 20$ each, if required you can contact me on my gmail id email@example.com and you can also suggest me topics for your required presentations
2. WHAT IS GLOBAL WARMING ?“Global warming is an average increase inthe temperature of the atmosphere nearthe Earth’s surface and in the troposphere,which can contribute to changes in globalclimate patterns. Global warming can occurfrom a variety of causes, both natural andhuman induced. In common usage, “globalwarming” often refers to the warmingthat can occur as a result of increasedemissions of greenhouse gases from humanactivities.”Definition by The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
3. DOES GLOBAL WARMING MEAN SAMEAS CLIMATE CHANGE ?Global Warming -An overallwarming of out planet Earth ,based on average temperaturesover the entire surface of theEarth .Climate change - Changes in theregional climate characteristics ,including amount of sunshine ,temperature , humidity , rainfall ,air pressure , wind , and severeweather events .
4. IS THE CLIMATE BECOMINGWARMER AND WARMER ?According to the National Academy ofSciences, the Earths surface temperaturehas risen by about 1 degree Fahrenheit inthe past century, with acceleratedwarming during the past two decades.There is new and stronger evidence thatmost of the warming over the last 50years is attributable to human activities.Human activities have altered thechemical composition of the atmospherethrough the buildup of greenhouse gases –primarily carbon dioxide, methane, andnitrous oxide. The heat-trapping propertyof these gases is undisputed althoughuncertainties exist about exactly howearth’s climate responds to them.GLOBAL TEMPERATURE TREND
5. HOW DO SCIENTISTS STUDY HOWWARM PLANET EARTH IS ?There are several ways that scientists studyhow the Earths temperature is changing:Scientists look to satellites to revealsomething about the Earths changing climate.The record of instrumental temperaturemeasurements provides one clear indicationthat the mean annual surface air temperaturesof the earth have risen. Climatic data , generated from the study ofthings like tree rings, corals, fossils, sedimentcores, pollens, and ice cores, and cavestalactites, both provide an independentconfirmation of this recent warming
6. SIGNS TELLING US EVERYTHINGIS NOT NORMAL !• Floods in the areas where the flood history is notcommon• Droughts in places , which were having good rainfallearlier• Atmosphere suddenly getting harsh in terms ofcyclones and thunderstorms• Life forms getting affected• The butterflies have migrated from warm southernzone to cooler northern zone• Due to melting of ice the life cycle of penguins isgetting disturbed leading to their death• The coral growth along the Great Barrier Reef isgetting reduced day by day• Polar bears are facing extinction due to melting ofpolar ice
7. WHAT’S THE PROOF THAT GLOBALWARMING IS TAKING PLACE ?Dying a slow death Chandigarh’sbest- known landmark , the sukhnalake , is dying a slow death . Thewater level at sukhna is recedingwith each passing day .The depth ofthe lake has reduced to half of itsoriginal size due to accumulation ofsilt and weeds . Further the area ofthe lake beyond 1,200 meters hascompletely dried up , leaving behindstinking weeds and plantation.Efforts are on to revive this preciouswetland which is a home to a varietyof migratory birds .Sukhna Lake , CHANDIAGRH
8. WHAT CAUSE THE TEMPERATUREOF ATMOSPHERE GO UP ?
9. NATURAL CAUSESVOLCANIC ERUPTIONS : Volcanic dust actas a shield to solar radiation and causes coolingin the atmosphereSOLAR ACTIVITY : Change in the Earth’ssolar radiation levels can have impact on theEarth’s climate . Increased solar activity cancause short–term warming cycles on the EarthEarth’s ORBITAL VARIATIONS : As theearth spins , it does not achieve perfect rotation.Such variations exposes the N & S latitudes tomore and less solar radiation. This behaviourhas been causing in the temperature .
10. MAN-MADE CAUSESGREEN HOUSE EFFECTFOSSIL FUEL BURNINGDEFORESTATIONAIR POLLUTION
11. WHAT IS GREEN HOUSE EFFECT ?• The greenhouse effect is a process bywhich thermal radiation from aplanetary surface is absorbed byatmospheric greenhouse gases, and isre-radiated in all directions. Since partof this re-radiation is back towards thesurface and the lower atmosphere, itresults in an elevation of the averagesurface temperature above what itwould be in the absence of the gases.• The primary greenhouse gases in theEarths atmosphere are water vapour,carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide,and ozone. Currently C02 is the mainsuspect , after Industrial Revolution ,the burning of fossil fuels hascontributed to the increase in carbondioxide into the atmospheredramatically
12. GREEN HOUSE EFFECT
13. FOSSIL FUEL BURNING
14. DEFORESTATIONBetween 25 and 30 percent of thegreenhouse gases released into theatmosphere each year – 1.6 billiontonnes – is caused by deforestation.DEFORESTATIONFEWER TREESMORE CO2ENHANCED GREENHOUSE EFFECTGLOBALWARMING
15. AIR POLLUTIONSmog hanging over cities is the most familiar and obvious form of air pollution.But there are different kinds of pollution—some visible, some invisible—thatcontribute to global warming . Generally any substance that people introduceinto the atmosphere that has damaging effects on living things and theenvironment is considered air pollution.Though living things emit carbon dioxide when they breathe, carbon dioxide iswidely considered to be a pollutant when associated with cars, planes, powerplants, and other human activities that involve the burning of fossil fuels suchas gasoline and natural gasMethane gas, twenty-one times stronger than carbon dioxide as far as globalwarming is concerned, comes from bogs, animals and swamps andchlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), which were used in refrigerants and aerosolpropellants until they were banned because of their deteriorating effect onEarths ozone layerNitrous oxide is over 300x as powerful as carbon dioxide It is produced by avariety of agricultural and industrial practices like agricultural fertilizers,production of nylon and the burning of coal and organic matter
16. LOOMING THREATS• Ice is melting worldwide, especially at theEarth’s poles.• Rising sea level , leading to more coastal erosion, flooding during storms .• Precipitation (rain and snowfall) has increasedacross the globe, on average.• Global Warming Causing Extinction to the MostPrecious Wild Animals.• Increased droughts and incidence of wildfires.• Severe stress on many forests , wetlands andother natural ecosystems.• Impact on human health and mosquitoes andother disease-carrying insects and rodentsspread disease over large geographical regions.
17. CONSEQUENCES IF THE EARTHWARMS BY ….1 DEGREE C - Climate become more intolerable2 DEGREE C- Ocean life in danger3 DEGREE C- Heat wave fatalities4 DEGREE C- Great cities wash away5 DEGREE C- Civilization collapses6 DEGREE C- Mass extinction occurs
18. YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!• Do an energy audit , save electricity .• Walk , bike , bus ,car-pool , take the LRT.• Read , to be better informed.• Talk to you family about family and friendsabout global warming and climate change .• Plant trees to absorb carbon dioxide.• Use less , reuse , recycle.• When you buy, consider local stuff first .• Replacing a regular incandescent light bulbwith a CFL .• Do not leave appliances on standby.