1. 3. What have you learned from your audience feedback?
2. 10 people filled out the questionnaire. I created a questionnaire, because I wanted to find out what people thought of the music video when they watched it, and also if they could suggest any improvements that I could make to it. I took back in the questionnaires, and gathered the answers from each one, so I could see what the overall views and thoughts of the music video were.
3. <ul><li>The average age of the people filling out the questionnaire was 17. </li></ul><ul><li>60% of the people I asked were female and 40% were male. </li></ul>The target audience for the music video is men and women, from teenage years to early 30s - because her music and lyrics are so diverse and fun. The artist and her music appeals to this audience the most.
4. Initial Reactions ( Wordle Created using www.wordle.net ) <ul><li>People also said: </li></ul><ul><li>“ The multiple outfit changes and changes of scenery made it look really interesting.” </li></ul><ul><li>“ The editing of the shots matches the tempo of the song well.” </li></ul><ul><li>“ The footage is good, but the cameras or lighting has made a few shots at the start fuzzy and unclear.” </li></ul>
5. Do you think the style of the video matches the genre and style of the song? 90% of the people said YES “ The variety of different short shots edited together into a fast-cut montage was very effective because it keeps you interested.” “ The mise-en-scene, outfits and close ups of the artist were all quite common within hip-hop/R&B style videos by a female artist.” 10% said NO “ The footage and editing was very good, but the mise-en- scene of the shots, for example the plain backgrounds weren’t very exciting, and usually in hip-hop/R&B music videos there are glamorous cars or expensive looking backdrops”. Obviously expensive cars and scenery couldn’t be possible because we had a very small budget.
6. Do you think there was a wide range of camera angles used? All of the people I asked said YES.
7. What shots stood out to you the most? “ The upside down shot with a pink hue was very aesthetically pleasing and eye-catching.” “ I like the shot where she is wearing the ear muffs and the scarf because it creates a cold atmosphere to the shot, which contrasts with the warm tones of the rest of the shots.” “ My favourite shot is the one near the end with the umbrella and the rain mac – the styling and makeup makes her look very beautiful, and the overall shot is positioned really well”. “ The shot of her lying down in a man’s shirt looks very dramatic and unique, and the way the camera zooms in on her was very effective.”
8. What did you think about the lip-synching? “ It was accurate for the majority of the video but a couple of shots had lip-synching that didn’t completely match up.” “ There were several shots where the lip-synching was slightly out of time compared to the song, but the rest of the shots seemed to match up really well.” “ The lip-synching was on time and looked really effective – as if she were singing it herself.” “ There were brief moments where the lip-synching would be off-time, but then the shot would change and it would mach up perfectly.” I need to go through the whole video and write down the certain shots where the lip-synching falls out of time with the music. Once I have identified the problematic shots I can edit them by lengthening or shortening them, so I can make them on time with the song.
9. Ratings 80% of the people I asked rated my music video 9 out of 10 20% of the people I asked rated my music video 7.5 out of 10
10. From the responses I received on the questionnaires, I have come to the conclusion that overall my music video was a success. The only negative comments I received were about the cameras affecting the footage quality, and the mise-en-scene and props not looking professional enough. I have taken this criticism on board, but with the small budget I had to work with, there was nothing more I could do to improve these 2 features. Also following the comments about the lip-synching, I will lengthen or shorten the shots that are not in time with the song, and hopefully this will improve the overall video and make it look more professional.