What have you learnt technologies from the process
What have you learnt technologies
from the process of constructing this
SlideShare is a Web 2.0 based slide hosting service. Users
can upload files privately or publicly in the following file
Slide decks can then be viewed on the site itself, on hand
held devices or embedded on other sites. It was launched on
October 4, 2006, the website is considered to be similar to
YouTube, but for slideshows.
I have now learnt a new method of making a slideshow more
diverse. It is a simple step to step guided site, I have used it
for my research and planning because it is a more specialized
and creative way.
Adobe After Effects is a digital motion
graphics, visual effects and compositing
software package published by Adobe
Systems. I have used this for our Title, ‘TRES
ANTE MERIDIEM’. It is more animation and
computer skill based.
It is an editing software that people use to
edit movies and place imaginative props,
settings etc. into their films.
This is the title of the film, it starts very
‘’fussed’’ then goes to a clear title reading
‘TRES ANTE MERIDIEM’
“Prezi is helping reinvent the art of
Prezi software company, producing a cloudbased presentation software and storytelling
tool for presenting ideas on a virtual canvas.
I have used this to show the whole plot plan for
my film, I think it is a easy software to use, with
steps and a simple but creative way of telling
someone what your doing.
What can you do?
Share materials, news, downloads, links and more
Facilitate online discussions and collaboration
Create a class publication you and students can easily edit
Replace your newsletter and stay in touch w/ parents
Blogging, sharing work and thoughts
Share lesson plans
Integrate videos, podcasts and other media
Create blogs for events
Getting feedback and gathering information
Creating functional websites
Edublogs is used for educational
purposes, it is at a higher
thinking order context.
I have learnt to embed
pictures, videos and links onto
it, I can also categorise blogs.
A camcorder is an electronic device
combining a video camera and a video
recorder. We have used this to film our
opening, we used it in our preliminary
project in the past so we had a partial
understanding but we had learnt to use
the tripod at different angles and how to
work with them together by attaching
the camera on to the tripod with a bolt.
When using iMovie I moved my clips and had
to do a lot of cutting.
Then match shots up after they had been cut.
Effects on iMovie
I used transitions in-between each shot, to give it a
Cross dissolve, Cross blur and fade to black . This gives
more of an affective opening to the next clip.
Also I used an audio effect, Large room, which gave the
scene a “past effect”
iMovie is an editing software used on
Macs. We used this to edit the opening of
our movie, I tested out what different
01. Project Library (Click) - where all movie projects on computer are displayed
02. iMovie Project - shows current position in clip and is used for editing
03. Monitor Window - views clips or your final iMovie project
04. Play Project - can play selected movie project either in viewer or full screen
05. New Project (Click) - allows you to start a new movie project
06. Frame Adjustment - allows you to see thumbnails of clips by amount of frames per thumbnail within
(the same feature is available in the Source Video window)
07. Import - where you import footage from your webcam or video camera
08. Flip Switch - swaps the Source Video and the iMovie Project from top to bottom
09. Adjusts size of thumbnails used in iMovie
10. Event Library - where all the events (groups of clips) on computer are displayed
11. Add selection - allows you to add clips to your project
12. Favorites Tab - allows you to select favorite clips, or parts
of clips, or just remove clips all together.
13. Options Tab - this is where you can work on voice overs,
cropping images, to adjust audio, or adjust
14. Turns on/off Audio Skimmer
15. Edit browsers - different editing browsers such as adding music,
photos, text, transitions, and animations
16. Source Video - shows all events from a particular
source that can be used for editing
I had to download legal music, from
www.freemusicarchive.com and then
import it onto iTunes which I then
put into iMovie
I had to put iTunes into iMovie by Clicking the
Show Music and Sound Effects button in the
Browser toolbar to display the contents of your
iTunes Library. Click the desired playlist in the
scrolling list box. You can add a track to your
movie by dragging the song entry from the
Music and Sound Effects list to the desired spot
in the Project pane.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.