Daily/Weekly PPC Checklist Detail
• Did the previous day run into budget pause?
• Is monthly spend on track?Check Spend
• Look for sudden fluctuations or major spikes in costs
• Where anomalies exist check keywords, landing pages, destination URLs,
• Check 2-3 times weekly
• Focus on top traffic drivers
• Focus on ROI but also look for keywords with high bounce rates and adjust
bids for position
• Preserve history by pausing these keywords vs. deleting
Weekly PPC Checklist
Test Landing Pages
Review & Pause
Create New Ads
Weekly PPC Checklist Detail
•Follow guidelines from ‘adjust bids’ exercise
•Look for keywords with high impressions but low click volume
•Goal is to remove any negative keyword impacting performance as well as Quality Score
•Click Add or Remove Columns: add Impression Share (IS), Lost IS (Rank) and Lost IS (Budget).
•Look for opportunities to increase share via position and or budget.
Run Impression Share
•Test offers, copy, heading, position/location of contact forms as well as length, etcTest Landing Pages
•2-3 times per week focused on 1) best conversion rates and 2) highest CTR. Make decision based on
conversion rate first.
•Make sure all ads have a decent sample size of at minimum 400 impressions
Review & Pause Ads
•Make sure to have a t least 2 versions of ad copy running
•Try different headlines, body text, word order, punctuation, and offers as well as mentions of your keyword(s)Create New Ads
•Utilize the search query report in the reporting tab.
•Utilize Google’s keywords tool to locate keywords based on your primary phrases that match for your
Monthly PPC Checklist
Run Ad Copy
Monthly PPC Checklist Detail
• Generate data that can be plugged into an Excel file to find trends, opportunities
and focus for the upcoming month. Change recommendations.Run Keyword Reports
• Similar logic as the keywords reportsRun Ad Copy Reports
• Keep track of overall Account & Campaign performance
• Generate graphs to easily spot trends
• If you have a CRM system, match keywords to the top quality leads. Where you
can afford a higher Cost Per Conversion, bid more based on real business data.
Monitor Quality of
• Update daily budgets based on new monthly budgets or change in number of
days in the month.Adjust Budgets