A downbeat economy, stuttering GDP, and rising unemployment rate have made securing good jobs in India an extremely tough task.
A little preparation can help you land a career defining job
A Little Preparation
can help you Land a
Career Defining Job
• A downbeat economy, stuttering GDP, and rising unemployment rate
have made securing good jobs in India an extremely tough task.
• Finding a good job has never been easy but the low economic growth
has made the situation for job seekers even worse. A good vacancy
attracts anywhere from 250-1,000 applications.
• The attention spans of recruiters and potential employers have become
extremely short and a resume has to be nothing short of exceptional to
draw and hold their attention.
• It, however, is not all doom and gloom for job seekers. Jobs are still
there to be had, and a candidate with the right
experience, knowledge, and attitude - and certainly a stellar resume
and effective interview skills will not find it that difficult to edge out
the competition with ease.
• In the following section we shall look at some important resume writing
and interview skills that can help a candidate stand out from the crowd.
1. Effective Resume Writing Tips
• A resume is an important marketing tool that can greatly aid a
candidate in his job seeking endeavor. Rightly done, it can quickly and
effectively put them in front of potential employers.
• The first thing to know and understand is that your resume is not your
life biography. The hospital you were born would be of interest only to
your parents. Omit all irrelevant details and include only those that
may be of interest to the employer.
• A resume must be concise, credible, and easy to read. It must
convince the recruiter that you have the necessary skills and
experience to carry out the job responsibilities well.
• Like so many other things, jobs too are moving online. In fact, there
are more online jobs in India now than ever before. A lot of quality job
portals have come up which serve as an important meeting points for
job seekers and potential employers.
• You can upload your cover letter and CV on these quality job portals.
What’s more, some of them provide the option of uploading your video
resume as well. Moving pictures can convey a lot about you and
provide you with the chance of putting forth your claims more
• Whether you get the job or not depends upon how you perform in the
interview. You have to remember though that it is your resume that
will take you to the interview room.
2. Effective Interview Techniques
• Jobs in India may require different set of skills, education, and
experience, from say a job in USA. Job
opportunities, descriptions, and organizations change, but what
remains the same everywhere is the job interview.
• Your resume has to make a positive impression within 10 seconds and
you have to make a positive impression within 30.
• The first thirty seconds in a job interview are the most crucial as it is
usually the time during the interviewer forms a definite impression
(positive or negative) about you.
• The best way to go about the business is to pay attention to three Ps--
- preparation, practice, and performance. Remember the first
impression counts and you have to be positive with your body
language. Greet the interview with a firm handshake and smile and
maintain eye contact throughout.
• You need to practice a lot and not leave anything to chance. Carry
out some prior research about the organization and go through your
CV with an eagle eye.
• The competition in the employment marketplace is cutthroat. Good
jobs in India are hard to come by.
• You must remember that successful candidates are those who
provide employers with the best resume and positive assurance
during the interview that they can effectively and efficiently carry
out the job in question.
• Serious job seekers should visit http://www.changeyourboss.com/ to
know more about online jobs in India and seek effective resume writing
and interview tips to march ahead of the competition.
CHANGE YOUR BOSS SERVICES PVT. LTD.
Published by http://changeyourboss.com/
Change your Boss
D-101, Sector-63, Noida-